Dropoff in Shaun Alexander's production with Hutchinson gone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropoff in Shaun Alexander's production with Hutchinson gone

I think Steve Hutchinson, the Pro Bowl OG that signed with Minnesota, will have an impact on Shaun Alexander next season...and not a good one.

I don't think that Alexander will match is production from next season, but the question is if it does drop, how much?

Also, consider two other things:

1) He is on the Madden cover.

2) The Super Bowl loser of recent hasn't had a success the following season.

Hutchinson helped but Alexander is a great back and will prove that this year.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
    WHO DAT!

Comment

Ray Lewis wasn't on the cover last year.

Comment

He is going to slow down ALOT. He lust Hutch, best G in football who was paired with Jones a Top 5 T in football, thats how he got his big runs when he had one the holes were so big because he is slower than heck.
        | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

If we are looking at pure fantasty production, the dropoff on Alexander will also depend on the passing game. Alexander is one of the, if not the best running back inside the 5 yard line. He just has a nose for endzone. If the passing game is strong and he has opportunities inside the 5, he is going to get in. However I do see him rushing for 200-300 less yard this year. But 1500-1600 yards and 20-24 TDs in not too shabby.

Comment

Shaun will still be extremely productive. The only thing is that he is a year older, which doesn't concern me that much. I'd say 1500+ for sure, but i'll say he get 1704 yards and 24 tds

Comment

I think he'll drop off a little, but not that much.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Shaun will have his worst year of his career, because he has the Madden Curse may I present some evidence:

2004 Michael Vick (broken leg missed 13 games I believe)
                2005 Ray Lewis (got banged up and had one of his worst seasons as a pro)
                2006 Donovan McNabb (Falling out with TO, Injuries, terrible season)

thats just in the last 3 years, the years before that were also cursed.
                HALL OF FAMER!
                PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable
                  Shaun will have his worst year of his career, because he has the Madden Curse may I present some evidence:

curses aren't real, and i'm a cubs fan

Comment

also w/ Ray we did miss the playoffs i am preety sure.

Comment

Originally posted by danman253

curses aren't real, and i'm a cubs fan
                      You will find out this season that they are very real.
                      HALL OF FAMER!
                      PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                      JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

I think it's only natural to expect a dropoff after losing his probowl G.

Comment

Option #2

by BoneKrusher
                          <DG> how metal unseen
                          <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

If you look at stats, they mostly ran the other way anyways. I think he gets injured myself, but if not, he'll still put up strong numbers.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                            https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by JBond93
                              If you look at stats, they mostly ran the other way anyways. I think he gets injured myself, but if not, he'll still put up strong numbers.
                              ?

Hutch = LG and 90% of all Seahwak running plays were to the left.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information