No announcement yet.

Dropoff in Shaun Alexander's production with Hutchinson gone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's definitely going to be some dropoff. Of course, when most people cite examples of times where players lost production after losing a Guard, those teams didn't necessarily have a LT in Walter Jones, or the sort of passing attack that the Seahawks have. And despite what some people think, the passing attack for Seattle always sets up the run. So, we'll see what happens.
    Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Originally posted by stillaraiderfan
      I think it's only natural to expect a dropoff after losing his probowl G.

Not just "all-pro," Hutchinson was the best interior lineman in the NFL hands down.

Comment

Don't go disrespecting Alan Faneca, now. Hutchinson is a better pass blocker, but that's pretty much irrelevant for a discussion about Alexander. Faneca is an absolute monster. Largely responsible for the Super Bowl's longest run ever, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Immaculate Tackle
          Don't go disrespecting Alan Faneca, now. Hutchinson is a better pass blocker, but that's pretty much irrelevant for a discussion about Alexander. Faneca is an absolute monster. Largely responsible for the Super Bowl's longest run ever, too.
          how much has ever been offered?

Comment

:?:

Huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Immaculate Tackle
              :?:

Huh?
              you're proclaiming him to be the best in football, so has he ever been offered anywhere near as much as Hutch was?

Comment

He signed a $26 million/6 year contract extension in 2002.
                1) Faneca wasn't as proven then as hutchinson is at this point
                2) the 2002 salary cap was far smaller than it is now
                3) the vikings overpaid a guard; we all know that
                4) hutchinson might be better than faneca because he is a more complete guard, but he isn't "far and away" the best.

Comment

Faneca isn't as good as Hutch. I'd have Faneca as my #2 ranked guard though. Probably my number 1 in run blocking.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

That's pretty much what I said. I object to the "Hutchinson is the best guard hands down" because it implies a huge gap.

Comment

Brian Waters, he's just as complete as Hutchinson , tell me why hes not if u dont think so
                      i said good day.

sig by rainbeaukid

Comment

He is gonna get hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by yodachu
                          He is gonna get hurt.
                          Exactly. And yodachu is on the ball. I'm saying Week 4, Lance Briggs knocks him out of it.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                          https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

As far as best guard goes, it is close between Hutchinson and Waters. Both are excellent pass blockers, but I'd say Hutchinson is a better run blocker and is better at pulling on sweeps. Waters lets in almost no sacks though, he is pretty ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by cunningham06
                              As far as best guard goes, it is close between Hutchinson and Waters. Both are excellent pass blockers, but I'd say Hutchinson is a better run blocker and is better at pulling on sweeps. Waters lets in almost no sacks though, he is pretty ridiculous.
                              Shields>Waters.

That is correct comahan
                              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                              <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151
                                Originally posted by cunningham06
                                Shields>Waters.

Not at the moment

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information