Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cuzifelt1ikeit
    Originally posted by Vince Lombardi
    Brett isn't setting back Aaron at all, if anything he could stand to have another year to learn from one of the greats. Alot of great QB's have spent their 1st couple of years on the bench learning the game, one more year isn't gonna hurt Aaron.
    Bingo! Carson Palmer anybody? He sat for 2 or 3 years i think? call me homer, but i truly believe it is better for rookie qb's to sit then be thrown to nfl defenses, no matter the team or players involved
    One year, then he got a lot of experience as a soph...which I would like to see happen w/ Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by Simms2Clayton
      Originally posted by Vikings Fan
      Favre was a gunslinger when he was great and is still a gunslinger. He got by by talent. How much of that can be taught?
      Great point. I don't know what all this "mentor" stuff is about. Do you think Favre is going to "teach all of the ins and outs"? No, only Rodgers can learn for himself. That is something only experience can teach.

The only thing I think a QB can help with is set an example through leadership and work ethic. Teach them to be a leader. Rodgers should have learned that by now.
      From all that I've heard, Rodgers has been a leader in all of the offseason workouts. I've heard a lot of praise from players saying that he is really taking control, especially when Favre is excused from the workout.

Comment

Originally posted by Simms2Clayton
        Originally posted by Moses
        The chance of Rodgers playing better than Favre is training camp is less than 1%. Rodgers is not close to starting material at this point in his career. Also, Favre will never be benched for Rodgers.

Give Rodgers one more season on the bench (he needs it). Why rush him in when you have the luxury of having a hall of famer ahead of him holding down the fort?
        I never said Rodgers would be better than Favre preseason. I just thought if he proved he is good enough to start, then Favre coming back could end up hurting them.

We don't see eye-to-eye on "rushing him in." I don't think playing a 2nd year QB is rushing it at all. I think starting a rookie is. Whether we think he is or isn't ready doesn't matter, because we aren't the QBs coach of the Packers. Only he really knows since he practices with him the most (off coordinator and HC know too, but the QBs coach is around him more).

Moses, how do you think him sitting another year will help him? I think one year is enough, I just want to totally understand your POV. Thanks
        Rodgers is still young and is not ready to play in the NFL yet. It doesn't matter if he's a rookie or a 5th year player, he's not ready. He needs to get a better grasp of the playbook and how to play the quarterback position in the NFL.

Comment

I like Favre coming back for one more year. That way Rodgers gets more instruction and is not rushed onto the field.

It's been proven that in most cases, rookie QB's that are given the time to develop really show the patientce and maturity it takes to lead a team on the field.

I think Favre will have a good year this year. After this, though, he should call it quits.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
          WHO DAT!

Comment

Favre coming back was best for the organization and Rodgers. they will be learning a new offence this year and giving Rodgers another year to learn will help him. the packers will do better with Favre than Rodgers this year. after the season Favre will retire and Rodgers will be ready to take over.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

its time to move on without Brett

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

Comment

I've alwas been an avocate of sitting a QB for a year, but after that, I feel there isn't much more he can learn, he has to get out there. Favre could set this team back by coming back. They have a younger offense. Gado may start, Jennings may start, and a new young O-line. They should have a young leader to grow with them. Teams that have done this (Cinci as a prime example,) have gotten places. I think Favre may just be setting the team back a year or more by coming back, unless he CAN do the unthinkable and win this division. If he can, it was well worth it, even for a playoff run.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by ninerfan
                  its time to move on without Brett
                  says the niner fan who just wants to get over favre knocking them outta the playoffs

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                  they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                  Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

How do Packer's fans feel about the hiring of Mike McCarthy, because I was under the impression that many other, more qualified candidates were passed up just so Brett wouldn't have to deal with learning a completely different offense.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner
                      How do Packer's fans feel about the hiring of Mike McCarthy, because I was under the impression that many other, more qualified candidates were passed up just so Brett wouldn't have to deal with learning a completely different offense.
                      if brett was the concern when they hired a coach they probably woulda hired marriochi IMO.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                      they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                      Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by raiderfan_89
                        I think Favre still has it in him,but for his sake they should have traded for or drafted a target,VD or Lelie,its gonna be sad to see if Favre has a repeat season,although I'am pulling for him,I hope he gets 35 TDs and 5 ints with 3,500 yrds.
                        Raider fans are the best! They always be smoking the best stuff, and willing to share it to! Favre with 35 TDs and 5 INTs = Super Bowl. Actually, just about any QB with those numbers = SB.

I have much love for the Raiders right now, as I always follow former Packers, and I'm interested on if Aaron Brooks can get his stuff together throwing to Moss.

Packers and Raiders in the Title Match!!!
                        The pain fades and the good memories will remain.

Comment

brett favre stops the developing for the future , so iam looking forward to see what rodgers can do

Comment

Rodgers should start. MM (our new head coach) has to get this team winning and he knows it, if he doesnt he is gone so If Favre doesnt produce and still throws those INT dont be surpirsed if you see Rodgers starting in that game and maybe the next week.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner
                              If you watch the interviews MM words that he uses are different then from what they are normaly called. Favre said that if Sherman was fired he would retire but I guess that wasnt the case now was it. The only reason I think that TT would have brought in MM is to teach Rodgers and then when Rodgers does well I dont see Mike in GB anymore.

Comment

I think they should sit Rodgers again exactly how we are doing jason campbell.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information