No announcement yet.

Derrick Brooks vs. Keith Brooking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd probaly go with Derrick Brooks if I had one season to win the Super Bowl. He has the experience and talent to lead a defence both physically and mentally. Also, analyzing stats (especially when they're this similar) won't determine who the better player is.

Comment

Originally posted by Moses
      I'd probaly go with Derrick Brooks if I had one season to win the Super Bowl. He has the experience and talent to lead a defence both physically and mentally. Also, analyzing stats (especially when they're this similar) won't determine who the better player is.
      Good point about the stats, I just wanted to prove that Brooks isn't slowing down like people want to claim. And I have to show Brooking's stats to be fair. So there you go.

Comment

Brooks hands down.

Comment

Derrick Brooks and its not even close for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver
            It's stupid to think that

10 Tackles

>

.5 Sack
            3 Interceptions

Not even considering age, which Brooking has much more left in the tank.
            If we are talking about last year, Brooks and the Bucs beat Brooking and the Falcons 2x, and Brooks forced Vick to fumble while the Falcons were driving to win the first game.

If we are talking about the length of their careers, it's not even close. Brooks was the Defensive MVP of the NFL the year the Bucs won the the Super Bowl, he was even better in the playoffs that year.

If we are talking about the future, well, ya gotta beat the champ to be the champ.

Comment

Derrick Brooks
              | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Originally posted by bofadabizzles
                If we are talking about last year, Brooks and the Bucs beat Brooking and the Falcons 2x, and Brooks forced Vick to fumble while the Falcons were driving to win the first game.
                Yeah, Brooks and that defense were the reason Tampa Bay won those two games. (27 Points, 443 Net Yards, and 24 Points allowed, 281 Net Yards) :roll: Not to mention, Brooks didn't cause the fumble, Dunn's helmet did. It was the O-Line that let Brooks go untouched, forcing Dunn to jump in front of Vick, thus his helmet and the football collided.

If we are talking about the length of their careers, it's not even close. Brooks was the Defensive MVP of the NFL the year the Bucs won the the Super Bowl, he was even better in the playoffs that year.
                No debate from me, over their career, Brooks is much better. But that isn't the question in this thread, nor my point.

Comment

Derrick Brooks by far.

former #1 in post count on this site
                  first to 500 posts

Comment

Originally posted by Moses

True, but it proves they are very close, which agrees with my original point.

- Derrick Brooks is a better at;

man coverage
                    flowing to the ball

- Keith Brooking is better at;

the point of attack
                    zone pass defense

Comment

Originally posted by TCU
                      Derrick Brooks by far.

Care to explain to me how Derrick Brooks will be better next year "by far."

Comment

What shiver?

Derrick Brooks is in the Cover 2, we rarely go with man coverage. That doesn't make much sense.

I don't even think Atlanta goes zone, but correct me on this because I don't know what kind of defense Atlanta runs besides the fact it is 4-3.

Comment

If you wanna go by stats, Angelo Crowell had 120 total tackles while playing significantly in only 14 games. He also had as many sacks and forced fumbles and one more interception than Brooks. All in his first year starting. But obviously Brooks is a better player. Of course the stat argument has been made already, but I just love Crowell

Comment

Originally posted by Simms2Clayton
                            What shiver?

Derrick Brooks is in the Cover 2, we rarely go with man coverage. That doesn't make much sense.

I don't even think Atlanta goes zone, but correct me on this because I don't know what kind of defense Atlanta runs besides the fact it is 4-3.

Worded wrong on my part. He is better in coverage, not just man-to-man, he is more fluid. But Brooking has outproduced Brooks at being a ball-hawk, than post-prime Brooks.

Comment

Originally posted by YoJoeBucsFan
                              Brooks hands down.
                              If you're going to say "hands down" and happen to be a bucs fan, explain, or don't post that.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver
                                Originally posted by bofadabizzles
                                Yeah, Brooks and that defense were the reason Tampa Bay won those two games. (27 Points, 443 Net Yards, and 24 Points allowed, 281 Net Yards) :roll: Not to mention, Brooks didn't cause the fumble, Dunn's helmet did. It was the O-Line that let Brooks go untouched, forcing Dunn to jump in front of Vick, thus his helmet and the football collided.

No debate from me, over their career, Brooks is much better. But that isn't the question in this thread, nor my point.
                                The D was the reason we won those games, the first game we had no offense outside of Caddy, we only had 1 or 2 decent drives all game, the Falcons moved the ball up and down the field until it came time to punch it in. Our D was on the field most of the game and each drive some way they came up with a play to keep us in the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information