No announcement yet.

Derrick Brooks vs. Keith Brooking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Derrick Brooks of course. Stats aren't everything, often times interceptions are a result of just being in the right place at the right time. That being said Keith Brooking is good in coverage, but he is not Derrick Brooks. Brooks is one of the best coverage OLB's in the NFL. He is more experienced and is more of a team leader than Brooking.

Comment

lol Falcons fans are kinding themselves if they actually think Brooking is even in the same class as Brooks let alone better or as good. hahaha I love it, they think Vick is actually a good QB too.

Comment

Originally posted by GermaineRace
        lol I am kidding myself that I actually think I know everything about the game of football. hahaha I love it, nothing like being a pompous know it all.

*fixed

Comment

Originally posted by GermaineRace
          lol Falcons fans are kinding themselves if they actually think Brooking is even in the same class as Brooks let alone better or as good. hahaha I love it, they think Vick is actually a good QB too.

Comment

Its not even close, Derrick Brooks all the way
            Taking a Knapp.

Comment

Originally posted by Moses
              I'd probaly go with Derrick Brooks if I had one season to win the Super Bowl. He has the experience and talent to lead a defence both physically and mentally. Also, analyzing stats (especially when they're this similar) won't determine who the better player is.
              Moses u have to be one of teh smartest posters on here. us canadian boys know our stuff eh? ur totally right, stats dont mean s**t, especially for defense. INTs can jsut be being in thje right place at the right time, then it becomes a tip drill. Anyone can get some of those INTs. Look at Ty Law. 10 INTs last year, but 8 of them dropped right into his hands. Im not knocking brooking, cause i voted for him. just saying stats dont mean jack. The reason i chose brooking is cause derrick brooks plays in a cover 2 defense, which is so differant from any other defense, especially for LB. Im not sure how well he would do in a prototypical defense. But Brooking can play any LB postion in the more traditional 4-3, and im sure hed do fine in a 3-4 as well. I take brooking, not by much, but by the versatility factor.
              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
              The APS is strong in this one.
              Originally posted by killxswitch
              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score
                Originally posted by Moses
                I'd probaly go with Derrick Brooks if I had one season to win the Super Bowl. He has the experience and talent to lead a defence both physically and mentally. Also, analyzing stats (especially when they're this similar) won't determine who the better player is.
                Moses u have to be one of teh smartest posters on here. us canadian boys know our stuff eh? ur totally right, stats dont mean s**t, especially for defense. INTs can jsut be being in thje right place at the right time, then it becomes a tip drill. Anyone can get some of those INTs. Look at Ty Law. 10 INTs last year, but 8 of them dropped right into his hands. Im not knocking brooking, cause i voted for him. just saying stats dont mean jack. The reason i chose brooking is cause derrick brooks plays in a cover 2 defense, which is so differant from any other defense, especially for LB. Im not sure how well he would do in a prototypical defense. But Brooking can play any LB postion in the more traditional 4-3, and im sure hed do fine in a 3-4 as well. I take brooking, not by much, but by the versatility factor.
                Brooking has played all of these in his college and pro career:

4-3 WLB, MLB, SLB
                3-4 WILB, SILB

Owner of ScarDraft
                Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

I'm torn on this one, but I voted for Brooking because I know that Jack Del Rio would take him. He's a big fan of versatility.

by BoneKrusher
                  <DG> how metal unseen
                  <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Just because you are versatile, doesn't mean you are more talented.

Troy Brown can play WR, CB, NB, KR, and PR, but that doesn't mean he is better than T.O.

Comment

Yeah, great comparison there. TO and Troy Brown are close in ability. :roll:

He has versatility at the LB position, which Del Rio is a fan of. That's why I voted for him. I don't know why I have to re-explain something as simple as this.

by BoneKrusher
                      <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen
                        Yeah, great comparison there. TO and Troy Brown are close in ability. :roll:
                        I was making my point. Troy Brown is the most versatile player in the NFL, but he will never be as good as T.O., which means just because you are versatile doesn't make you as valuable, or more valuable, than another player.

Comment

Next Season- Derrick Brooks
                          8 years- Keith Brooking

Comment

You don't get it then. Troy Brown is a #3 sometimes #2 WR who has played totally different positions. TO is a top-5 #1 receiver. Keith Brooking, even if he is not as good as Derrick, is versatile as a linebacker. Not only that, if he is not as good, it's not by much. Derrick Brooks is the epitome of the WLB in the Tampa 2, and that's probably it.

by BoneKrusher
                            <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

Derrick Brooks is the better linebacker right now, but in a couple years it'd be Brooking.

BoneKrusher

Comment

I'll take Derrick Brooks. The defense revolves around him and the WLB position in general. If he doesn't drop deep enough in coverage then it throws the whole cover 2 zone scheme off. He's been amazing at it and is a clear cut Hall of Famer because of it.

Four more passes defended, and ten more tackles is what most forget. Brookings stats looked better on paper, but I'd bet teams are a lot more hesitant to throw towards Brooks weakside because of the underneath coverage and the depth he gets. That's not to say it's a knock on Brooking, but Brooks is a monster at what he does, with incredible football instincts and game skills.

If the basis is on one year, I'll take Derrick Brooks.

Designs by Thule

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information