X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PACKmanN
    Next Season- Derrick Brooks
    8 years- Keith Brooking
    Neither will be playing eight years for now, and I doubt Brooking will stack up against Brooks if you're comparing career accolades.

Designs by Thule

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan_VIlma
      Four more passes defended, and ten more tackles is what most forget. Brookings stats looked better on paper, but I'd bet teams are a lot more hesitant to throw towards Brooks weakside because of the underneath coverage and the depth he gets. That's not to say it's a knock on Brooking, but Brooks is a monster at what he does, with incredible football instincts and game skills.

If the basis is on one year, I'll take Derrick Brooks.
      I love this point you make. It is like elite CBs, teams never threw at Deion Sanders for this same reason.

Brooks had a few years where he intercepted 3, 4, 5 balls, but after our Super Bowl year, he had only 1 or 2 because teams finally realized how good he was against the pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Jensen
        Derrick Brooks is the better linebacker right now, but in a couple years it'd be Brooking.
        Of course, because DB might be retired.

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen
          Derrick Brooks is the epitome of the WLB in the Tampa 2, and that's probably it.
          That's probably it? Like saying Anthony Munoz is the best LT of all time, "but that's probably it."

Brooking is more versatile, but he will never be as good as Derrick Brooks because Brooks' athleticism is unreal.

Comment

Keith Brooking isnt even a top 5 OLB

Brooks is

Comment

You can't JUST look at what they did last season....

Brooks has 1 Super Bowl and one defensive MVP is is a potential HOFer.

Keith Brooking does not have a resume like that.

But if I were a Falcon fan, I would probably take Hovan over Brooks too. Demorrio Williams is a badass. In fact, I would call the Falcon LB's better than the Bucs unit.

Comment

Originally posted by Buchorn

But if I were a Falcon fan, I would probably take Hovan over Brooks too. Demorrio Williams is a badass. In fact, I would call the Falcon LB's better than the Bucs unit.
                I would take the ATL's LBers over ours too (right now, until Ruud develops). They are fast and underrated.

But I would rather have our DL and DBs (works better than ATLs for Cover 2, conversely theirs works much better for man-man coverage)

Comment

That's probably it? Like saying Anthony Munoz is the best LT of all time, "but that's probably it."
                  You have really bad context issues. I'm talking about what he can do, not how good he is.

by BoneKrusher
                  <DG> how metal unseen
                  <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen
                    You have really bad context issues. I'm talking about what he can do, not how good he is.
                    I took that in context as saying, "that is all he can do, he can't do anything else." It just seems a little demeaning.

Comment

You three (S2C, Scar, and Shiver) need to be able to have a civilized debate. The three of you need to calm down, the two Falcons fans more-so than S2C. You do realized that people are entitled to their opinions, and yours isn't necessarily right, just because you say it is.

Comment

I took that in context as saying, "that is all he can do, he can't do anything else." It just seems a little demeaning.
                        Exactly. And he's been great at it. That does NOT mean he's bad by saying he fits only as a WLB in a Tampa 2. It's not demeaning to say he can't play MLB or SLB, which is what I'm saying.

by BoneKrusher
                        <DG> how metal unseen
                        <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots-Lions
                          You three (S2C, Scar, and Shiver) need to be able to have a civilized debate. The three of you need to calm down, the two Falcons fans more-so than S2C. You do realized that people are entitled to their opinions, and yours isn't necessarily right, just because you say it is.
                          :?

Go ahead and find one post where I treated S2C in a "un-civilized" fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by Buchorn

That's not the point. I said, the difference between the two isn't that big, for next year. Which is why Chris Hovan would be vastly a larger addition to the Falcons defense, in this (albeit stupid) hypothetical thread. Never did I ever say Brooking had a resume like Brooks does, that would be ignorant.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver
                              Originally posted by TCU
                              Derrick Brooks by far.

Care to explain to me how Derrick Brooks will be better next year "by far."
                              Does not matter next year, because Brooks will be old. Derrick Brooks was WAY better then Brooking in his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots-Lions
                                I see nothing wrong in this thread, and I also see nothing wrong with a heated discussion.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information