Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4
    Originally posted by roidrunner
    The last time a QB dropped from a possible #1 to the 20's was marino. and also at that time Miami had a QB and didnt need one. But lets face it, if a QB drops that far you have to take him. And I am a packer fan too. I have no problem with Rodgers. TT is a value drafter. He will draft the best player with the most value at that spot, even if we already have one.
    do you think Rodgers - is anything like Marino
    do you think Rodgers - is anything like Favre
    He never compared Rodgers to Marino/Favre as a player.

He was saying that if a QB falls that far than it is great value to draft him.

Comment

Originally posted by Simms2Clayton
      Originally posted by 4
      The last time a QB dropped from a possible #1 to the 20's was marino. and also at that time Miami had a QB and didnt need one. But lets face it, if a QB drops that far you have to take him. And I am a packer fan too. I have no problem with Rodgers. TT is a value drafter. He will draft the best player with the most value at that spot, even if we already have one.
      do you think Rodgers - is anything like Marino
      do you think Rodgers - is anything like Favre
      He never compared Rodgers to Marino/Favre as a player.

He was saying that if a QB falls that far than it is great value to draft him.
      Thank you, I never said Rodgers was compared to either of these great QB's. and if i was GM of the packers and rodgers fell to me in the 20's when he could of gone #1, I would not think twice about drafting him. and the packers didnt either.

Comment

wasn't some guy named Teford(probably have the name completly wrong o well) Rogers Offensive coordinator, he did coach Boller and Akili Smith, both hasn't produced like a 1st rounder, and some people think that the offensive system doesn't get them ready for the NFL, if he follows the pattern it will be a bad pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991
          wasn't some guy named Teford(probably have the name completly wrong o well) Rogers Offensive coordinator, he did coach Boller and Akili Smith, both hasn't produced like a 1st rounder, and some people think that the offensive system doesn't get them ready for the NFL, if he follows the pattern it will be a bad pick.
          Tedford is the HC not OC

Comment

I agree, but both Boller and Smith were thrown into the fire as a rookie. Rodgers sat and learned a year, so he should be ready to go any time that Favre gets injured or he gets put in. I will be watching him closely in preseason.

Comment

If that is the case, All Penn State RB should fail because all past Penn State RB failed, Until Larry Johnson came out of Penn State. Just because Prior People have failed does not mean all will fail in the future.

Comment

Rodgers was not a bad pick, however it appears that opening this thread was.

Comment

Originally posted by frogstomp
                  Rodgers was not a bad pick, however it appears that opening this thread was.
                  lol

If you want to look to a certain scenario this year, all you have to do is look towards pretty boy Matt Leinart.

Comment

If that is the case, All Penn State RB should fail because all past Penn State RB failed, Until Larry Johnson came out of Penn State. Just because Prior People have failed does not mean all will fail in the future.
                    Depending on Tedfords system he may just create a QB that does well in college but can't handle the NFL, I remember Toonster said Tedfords system affects the prospect.

Comment

Cutler would have been perfect to sit under Favre IMO.

BoneKrusher

Comment

The Rodgers pick was fine. Favre is screwing the Packers by staying.

Designs by Thule

Comment

Except QB is a different position. At RB the system isn't that huge as most top RBs can get by on vision and natural ability while at QB the mental prep needed is much greater.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan_VIlma

mmm...how? by letting them keep their best pos QB?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                            they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                            Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Rodgers was one of the top players in the draft (scott had him #1 overall) and could have easily been the #1 pick. the packers had an ageing QB who would likely be gone after the season. how could you justfy not takeing him at #24? they didn't expect to be picking high the next year and didn't expect a good QB to be avalible. also takeing a QB then gave Rodgers time to learn. if they waited untill next year the QB wouldn't be ready to play and they would have to bring in another QB for a year to learn. Rodgers was the best pick they could have made and it was the right time.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088
                                Originally posted by Jonathan_VIlma

mmm...how? by letting them keep their best pos QB?
                                Yup, I mean, what were the Packers thinking in wanting to win? Some crazy mumbojumbo goin' on there, huh?
                                SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information