• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by draftguru151
    Originally posted by D-Buc
    wow.....
    :?
    he's just mad because his homer ass thinks Barber and Kelly is the best duo just like he thinks Chris Simms will be a 4400 yard passer.

Owner of ScarDraft
    Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

Originally posted by scar988
      wow.....
      he's just mad because his homer ass thinks Barber and Kelly is the best duo just like he thinks Chris Simms will be a 4400 yard passer.
      Ronde Barber is a product of that system, same as Vasher is now. The guy has never been good in man coverage. He's strictly a zone defender.

Comment

Lucas and Gamble....

I wish it was Lucas and Trufant...
        "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

Comment

Now it's Lucas/Gamble in 2 years will be Hall/Williams

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner
            wow.....
            Ronde Barber is a product of that system, same as Vasher is now. The guy has never been good in man coverage. He's strictly a zone defender.
            Hey take it easy on my man Ronde, he's not so bad in man coverage. He is fantastic in zone coverage, and that's all he needs to be good at in a Tampa 2. Why is he inferior just because he isn't as good at man coverage? As for what kind of coverage he plays in thats the defenses call, not his. He wouldn't be as good if he went to some other team, but you can bet he would've been pretty darn good. Ronde is better than just a cover corner, Ronde is the total package. He's great in run support, and is a very effective blitzer. Show some respect for Ronde, he is the man, and as of right now is the only cornerback with 20+ picks and 20+ sacks. It is the club that Ronde built. He is excellent, and there is no denying that YA HEARD.

Also Brian Kelly is getting pretty old, even though Ronde is pretty timeless, which is why I don't consider them the best duo.

Comment

No love for Ronde Barber and Brian Kelly yet you list players like Jimmy Williams who hasnt played a down in the NFL in his life?

Comment

not sure y people bring up the they only play zone arguement......what does that have to do with anything. u play a system, u play it well, who cares about something that u aren't asked to do?? its an irrelevant point to a weak arguement. Ronde is a very solid corner and does a great job for Tampa.

with that said, i still feel Lucas and Gamble are the best

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma
                  not sure y people bring up the they only play zone arguement......what does that have to do with anything. u play a system, u play it well, who cares about something that u aren't asked to do?? its an irrelevant point to a weak arguement. Ronde is a very solid corner and does a great job for Tampa.

with that said, i still feel Lucas and Gamble are the best
                  my arguement isn't tht they play zone. it's that Brian KElly isn't half of the corner he used to be 2 years ago.

Owner of ScarDraft
                  Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

WOuld have gone with Rolle and Mcalister but they disapointed last year, Gamble and Lucas is the choice both Law and Surtain are on a downward slope (look at all the times Law was called for pass interference last year) A duo that is on the rise and I'm not being a homer is Ike Taylor and Bryant Mcfadden.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                    Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

• Lucas and Gamble.

Comment

• I am going to say Ellis Hobbs and Asante Samuel.

jk....I think that it is easily Gamble and Lucas. Both guys are extremely underrated.

Comment

• Originally posted by cunningham06
                          Originally posted by yourfavestoner
                          wow.....
                          Hey take it easy on my man Ronde, he's not so bad in man coverage. He is fantastic in zone coverage, and that's all he needs to be good at in a Tampa 2. Why is he inferior just because he isn't as good at man coverage? As for what kind of coverage he plays in thats the defenses call, not his. He wouldn't be as good if he went to some other team, but you can bet he would've been pretty darn good. Ronde is better than just a cover corner, Ronde is the total package. He's great in run support, and is a very effective blitzer. Show some respect for Ronde, he is the man, and as of right now is the only cornerback with 20+ picks and 20+ sacks. It is the club that Ronde built. He is excellent, and there is no denying that YA HEARD.

Also Brian Kelly is getting pretty old, even though Ronde is pretty timeless, which is why I don't consider them the best duo.
                          I'm not bashing on Ronde, and I'm very aware of his run stopping and blitzing skills. The point I was trying to make is that everybody seems so quick to jump on Vasher for being overrated, and for being a strictly zone defender, and for being a product of the system, but Ronde doesn't.

Originally posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma
                          Olandis Gary played in Denver's system and played it well. Does that make him a good running back? No. Same goes with Barber. He plays well in the system he's in because it masks his weaknesses. And he has too many weaknesses to be considered a top corner.

Comment

• As of now I would say Ken Lucas and Chris Gamble, but in 2 years I can pretty much guarantee it's DeAngelo Hall and Jimmy Williams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Draft King
                              As of now I would say Ken Lucas and Chris Gamble, but in 2 years I can pretty much guarantee it's DeAngelo Hall and Jimmy Williams.
                              i completely agree

Comment

• Harris and Woodson :D for only one reason if Woodson becomes heathly again they could be.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information