Should...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eacantdraft View Post
    Let's see here. Pennington had a better QB rating, led a less talented team to the playoffs in a better conference.

You are a dumbass if you think the Jets even had a chance at the playoffs in the beginning of last season. Or the Jets had a more talented team than the Giants.
    The Jets have a much easier schedule, weren't ravaged with injuries on offense, and Chad has a better receiver core and better OC. He also threw the same ratio of TDs to INTs even though he wasn't asked to force things as much as Eli is.

Look, I like Chad, and I root for him. But youre not talking to someone in Cali who just has the stat sheet to go by. Ive watched all the games. If you think Chad is better than Eli, your football knowledge is even less than what we all assume it to be already.

Comment

Let's see here. Pennington had a better QB rating, led a less talented team to the playoffs in a better conference.

You are a dumbass if you think the Jets even had a chance at the playoffs in the beginning of last season. Or the Jets had a more talented team than the Giants.
      I'm not really going to argue this because we are getting off topic, but you can't say the Jets played in a better conference as reasoning. Yes the AFC is better, except the Jets didn't play anyone good. Their schedule was awfully easy. It wasn't your typical AFC schedule.

Comment

No. When you have a franchise quarterback like Brett Favre and he's getting up there in years, you never know when there is going to be a freak accident and you have to hve somebody ready togo. It's better to have the quarterback sit and draft him early,then wait and throw him in the fire right away when he's not ready.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
          No. When you have a franchise quarterback like Brett Favre and he's getting up there in years, you never know when there is going to be a freak accident and you have to hve somebody ready togo. It's better to have the quarterback sit and draft him early,then wait and throw him in the fire right away when he's not ready.
          My question to you would be, do the Packers really want Rodgers to still be sitting and learning or is Favre handcuffing the orginization right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
            I'm not really going to argue this because we are getting off topic, but you can't say the Jets played in a better conference as reasoning. Yes the AFC is better, except the Jets didn't play anyone good. Their schedule was awfully easy. It wasn't your typical AFC schedule.
            The Jets schedule is not as easy as you are making it out to be. This is not the NFC North or NFC West they play in. No one epected them to be in the playoffs. They were. Teams play the schedule they get stuck with. And I would not call a schedule with New England twice, Indianapolis, Chicago, Jacksonville easy.

Comment

The Jets schedule is not as easy as you are making it out to be. This is not the NFC North or NFC West they play in. No one epected them to be in the playoffs. They were. Teams play the schedule they get stuck with. And I would not call a schedule with New England twice, Indianapolis, Chicago, Jacksonville easy.
              I believe they did get to play the NFC North though. Just not each team twice.

Comment

My question to you would be, do the Packers really want Rodgers to still be sitting and learning or is Favre handcuffing the orginization right now.
                I really think the Packers believed that Favre's drive for the game was starting to diminish and the longest he would last would be this past season. The thing is now Favre's returning and the Packers still have a first round pick riding the pine for atleast another season and maybe even two. Rodgers could be 4 or 5 years into the league before he gets an oppurtunity, but with Brett Favre's unpredictability it was still the right move by Green Bay to choose Rodgers when they did.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                  The Jets have a much easier schedule, weren't ravaged with injuries on offense, and Chad has a better receiver core and better OC. He also threw the same ratio of TDs to INTs even though he wasn't asked to force things as much as Eli is.

Look, I like Chad, and I root for him. But youre not talking to someone in Cali who just has the stat sheet to go by. Ive watched all the games. If you think Chad is better than Eli, your football knowledge is even less than what we all assume it to be already.
                  Is Chad more talented than Eli? No. Does he play smarter? Yes. Eli shouldn't be forcing passes as much. Especially when his team has a LEAD.

And I wouldn't say the Jets have a better receiving corp. They don't have a tight end like Shockey. NO RB like Tiki. You are sounding like a dumbass or a fangirl here.

I'm not from Cali and I saw Eli overthrowing receivers repeatedly, forcing the ball into tight coverage. Even the announcers wonder about his decisions.

Comment

I believe they did get to play the NFC North though. Just not each team twice.
                    They did play the NFC North and they kicked the $hit out of the eventual 8-8 Packers. The Jets performed very well under Mangini.

Comment

Is Chad more talented than Eli? No. Does he play smarter? Yes. Eli shouldn't be forcing passes as much. Especially when his team has a LEAD.

And I wouldn't say the Jets have a better receiving corp. They don't have a tight end like Shockey. NO RB like Tiki. You are sounding like a dumbass or a fangirl here.

I'm not from Cali and I saw Eli overthrowing receivers repeatedly, forcing the ball into tight coverage. Even the announcers wonder about his decisions.
                      Even the announcers? Joe Buck? Sometimes I wonder how he still has a job. Haha. Whats better overthrowing or underthrowing? Anyway lets get off this a back onto the subject.

Comment

Chad Pennington is a smarter football player but Eli is more gifted. If Eli had the decision making abilities of Pennington he could be a lethal QB but he still makes too many bone headed mistakes.

Comment

Lol, Im not gonna continue to take this topic off subject. Its like trying to explain Calculus to an orange.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                            Lol, Im not gonna continue to take this topic off subject. Its like trying to explain Calculus to an orange.
                            Nor can you argue common logic with a blind homer.

Comment

It sure is gonna suck when Carson Palmer gets ready to retire, all this stability at QB is just too nice...

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                                It sure is gonna suck when Carson Palmer gets ready to retire, all this stability at QB is just too nice...
                                He's another knee injury away from not being too stable if you ask me...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information