No announcement yet.

Dwight Freeney's contract

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would actually give him all the money he wants, hes in a league of his own

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner
      Redskins fans' lack of respect for building a stable franchise is really starting to disgust me.
      It's true. They think "let's draft some players from da U, overpay some free agents, and eventually we'll have to win!"

Comment

Originally posted by Immaculate Tackle
        Originally posted by yourfavestoner
        Redskins fans' lack of respect for building a stable franchise is really starting to disgust me.
        It's true. They think "let's draft some players from da U, overpay some free agents, and eventually we'll have to win!"

BoneKrusher

Comment

Yeah they have a thing with over paying players and outragoues tradeds.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Cleveland makes him the highest payed DE/OLB in the NFL where he can eliminate his weakness against the run as our weakside OLB and then Wimbley will move to the strong side role. :shock:

Comment

wait, WAIT!!!! thats not all. He then tears his ACL, MCL & PCL and breaks his ankle all in one hit the 3rd day of trainning camp :roll:

Comment

Re: Dwight Freeney's contract

Originally posted by nathan
                Dwight Freeney wants to become the highest paid player.

The colts will lose him and he will miss camp.
                First off, that information is wrong about him wanting to be the highest paid player. Dwight & his agent both confirmed that he has never requested that. He also claims that he hasn't even asked to be the highest paid defensive player.

Since he has never won MVP or DPOTY, I don't see how he has the leverage in negotiating a highest paid player contract.

Freeney will re-sign with the Colts as the highest paid DE, and most likely second or third highest paid defensive player, and that's all there is to it. Freeney will be going no where.
                INDIANAPOLIS COLTS: SUPER BOWL XLI CHAMPIONS!

Comment

I figured he wouldn't leave Indy he wants to play there.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Originally posted by IndyColtScout

First off, that information is wrong about him wanting to be the highest paid player. Dwight & his agent both confirmed that he has never requested that. He also claims that he hasn't even asked to be the highest paid defensive player.

Since he has never won MVP or DPOTY, I don't see how he has the leverage in negotiating a highest paid player contract.

Freeney will re-sign with the Colts as the highest paid DE, and most likely second or third highest paid defensive player, and that's all there is to it. Freeney will be going no where.
                    Hmmmmmm...... woops... I heard numerous times he wanted to be the highest paid player... :?:

Sig by BoneKrusher
                    Originally posted by killxswitch
                    Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.

Comment

Hmmmmmm...... woops... I heard numerous times he wanted to be the highest paid player... :?:
                      I promise you that he addressed those as false rumors.
                      INDIANAPOLIS COLTS: SUPER BOWL XLI CHAMPIONS!

Comment

I promise you that he addressed those as false rumors.
                        Well thank u for the clarification.

Sig by BoneKrusher
                        Originally posted by killxswitch
                        Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.

Comment

One of two scenarios will play out:

1) He signs a long term deal at some point before he becomes a FA next season

2) He gets franchise tagged and signs a long term deal at some point during next offseason.

Edgerrin James is in Arizona so that Freeney will stay in Indy.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                          <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information