Alan Faneca Holdout?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eacantdraft View Post
    Guards don't get much value. A 4th would be the highest you could get.
    BWAHAHAHAHAHA! He's made SIX straight pro bowls! He's worth a first plus another first day pick based on games played and pro bowl performance next year. The Bears are in need of a OG. Maybe their first or Mark Anderson and a conditional pick next year.

A 4th? Really! Would you of traded Will Shields when he was 30 for a 4th?

Comment

He is 30 years old. A first rounder for a 30 year old OG? Not happening. I can't see someone giving up anymore than a 3rd.

That is correct comahan
      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
      <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by TheGunShow View Post
        BWAHAHAHAHAHA! He's made SIX straight pro bowls! He's worth a first plus another first day pick based on games played and pro bowl performance next year. The Bears are in need of a OG. Maybe their first or Mark Anderson and a conditional pick next year.

A 4th? Really! Would you of traded Will Shields when he was 30 for a 4th?
        Yeah, but that's just it, he's 30 and a guard. Sure, I'd give a early third for him, but would a NFL team? Keep in mind he's holding out, so his value goes down even more.

With Grimm and Whisenhunt, I'm sure the Cardinals will look into it.
        Originally posted by nobodyinparticular
        #1--Russell I can't be too disappointed in this pick because he is, realistically, a huge upgrade (in the same way that the Great Wall of China would be a huge upgrade over the fence in my backyard) over Andrew Walter.

Comment

He's a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Definatley not a first becuase of his age and not a 4th because of his abilities. That and they can't afford to re-sign him so they aren't the ones taht can really do the demanding. Though he is one of the top tier offensive guards so I wouldn't be surprised if he not only gets a huge contract, but if he also gets traded for a decent pick.

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMontainya View Post
            Holly cow I just got it.....hes refering to the Browns Knee injuries of late like 1 million other poster have done previously!!!!!!!! How original.
            The sad part is, I'm willing to believe it actually took you four hours to get it.

Stop being so bitter, it makes it seem like you looked down your pants recently and suddenly felt the urge to compensate for something.

Comment

He's 30. Not 35. He has five good years left of a proven commodity. If you draft Ben Grubbs in the first what's to say he's not just a bust that never sees the field. Faneca you know you are going to get a pro bowl performance from. If the Cards would trade their early second round pick and either a player or a conditional draft pick I'd say that would be fair. But a third or fourth! Screw that we'll get a third for him as a compensatory pick when he signs his NFL record deal for a guard!

Comment

Faneca is NOT worth a 1st. Come on now.

He's 30, and for NFL standards thats a old. Grubbs is worth a late 1st because he has roughly 8 years on Faneca. Thats 8 more years of production.

Faneca is a great player, but don't be like the typical Steelers homer that says things like Hines Ward should be in the HOF because he can block, or how Ben Roethlisberger is the big 11111!. Im not saying this in a negative way directly at you, rather giving you words of advice.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                  Faneca is NOT worth a 1st. Come on now.

He's 30, and for NFL standards thats a old. Grubbs is worth a late 1st because he has roughly 8 years on Faneca. Thats 8 more years of production.

Faneca is a great player, but don't be like the typical Steelers homer that says things like Hines Ward should be in the HOF because he can block, or how Ben Roethlisberger is the big 11111!. Im not saying this in a negative way directly at you, rather giving you words of advice.
                  Or LT made Tom Jackson pee his pants just by looking at him.

He has five good years left! The next contract he signs will be his last. But who is to say Ben Grubbs first contract for whoever drafts him isn't his last?

Would you not trade a late first for Steve Hutchinson?

Comment

Or LT made Tom Jackson pee his pants just by looking at him.

He has five good years left! The next contract he signs will be his last. But who is to say Ben Grubbs first contract for whoever drafts him isn't his last?

Would you not trade a late first for Steve Hutchinson?
                    The LT thing actually happened.

No, I wouldn't. Not in this draft. This draft is stacked with talented OGs, and why should I give up a 1st for an OG at the latter end of his career when I can easily find a young talented OG that I can potentially have on my roster for much longer? Doesn't make sense.

Hutch is great, don't get me wrong. But its always better to go youth movement. Every GM in the league will tell you that.

If the Steelers couldve gotten a 1st for Faneca, he wouldve been out the door along time ago.

Comment

I could see a 2nd to a win now team.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                        The LT thing actually happened.

No, I wouldn't. Not in this draft. This draft is stacked with talented OGs, and why should I give up a 1st for an OG at the latter end of his career when I can easily find a young talented OG that I can potentially have on my roster for much longer? Doesn't make sense.

Hutch is great, don't get me wrong. But its always better to go youth movement. Every GM in the league will tell you that.
                        Okay, Homer! I'm sure that really happened. Like Hines Ward went back in time to stop the JFK assassination. He blocked all three bullets with his smile. JFK's head exploded out of sure amazement. That really happened too.

So it's better to go with an unproven player over a proven commodity? See you keep saying a 30 year old guard is old. 2007 Pro Bowl. Alan Faneca(30), Will Shields(35), Brian Waters(30), Steve Hutchinson(29), Larry Allen(35), Ruben Brown(35).

Again, Faneca has five good years left.

If the Steelers couldve gotten a 1st for Faneca, he wouldve been out the door along time ago.
                        Faneca was a first round pick. It just took him three years to become the pro bowl player he is today. And if we had the money I would be all for signing him to a long-term deal. But we are cash strapped. But no way you can let him leave for anything less than a top 45 pick. We'll get a 90 something pick if we let him leave next year and have one more year of his service.

Comment

Using the pro bowl argument for OL isn't very good because the same guys go every year. Shields and Allen were average at best, Brown was good and Hutch had a down year for his talent. I'd give up a first for Shawn Andrews, Chris Snee, Steinbach, Dielman, maybe a few other guys, but not Faneca.

That is correct comahan
                          I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                          <3 dg

Comment

Hellooooooo Randy Moss!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                              Using the pro bowl argument for OL isn't very good because the same guys go every year. Shields and Allen were average at best, Brown was good and Hutch had a down year for his talent. I'd give up a first for Shawn Andrews, Chris Snee, Steinbach, Dielman, maybe a few other guys, but not Faneca.
                              Just say no. Just say no. Crack is very bad. Oh, how many Pro Bowls do Snee, Andrews, Steinbach, Dielman have? Oh, that's right Pro Bowls don't count for anything. They give those to the crappy players. Mmmmm Hmmmm. Good intelligent argument!

Comment

Okay, Homer! I'm sure that really happened. Like Hines Ward went back in time to stop the JFK assassination. He blocked all three bullets with his smile. JFK's head exploded out of sure amazement. That really happened too.

So it's better to go with an unproven player over a proven commodity? See you keep saying a 30 year old guard is old. 2007 Pro Bowl. Alan Faneca(30), Will Shields(35), Brian Waters(30), Steve Hutchinson(29), Larry Allen(35), Ruben Brown(35).

Again, Faneca has five good years left.

Faneca was a first round pick. It just took him three years to become the pro bowl player he is today. And if we had the money I would be all for signing him to a long-term deal. But we are cash strapped. But no way you can let him leave for anything less than a top 45 pick. We'll get a 90 something pick if we let him leave next year and have one more year of his service.
                                Steeler homers could get real friggin annoying sometimes

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information