Alan Faneca Holdout?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheGunShow View Post
    Anyone that says Faneca is worth less than a second is ********. Plain and simple. If the Steelers just allow him to play out his contract and leave for free agency the likely seven straight pro bowl OG Alan Faneca will blow any deal of any guard ever out of the water. Will make Hutchinson look like he's playing for peanuts. And the Steelers will EASILY get a third round pick for compensation. So why would they take a third for him when they could get one more year of PRO BOWL talent and then get their third round pick? Nope. If they would trade him they will not take less than fair market value. I say the bears first. Or the Cards second and switching third round picks and a 5th. Or the Seahawks second and next years third round picks. That's about where he is worth.
    At least you've backed off your "FIRST ROUNDER" bull.

Comment

I never backed off the Bears would be a fair value for their first! Anything less than that we'd need a lot more to get value back.

Comment

You know you guys are right. I think the Steelers should trade their 4th round pick and get Steve Hutchinson. If Faneca wants to leave let him it will only cost us a 4th to get a replacement.

Comment

I never backed off the Bears would be a fair value for their first! Anything less than that we'd need a lot more to get value back.
          A 30 year old guard will not get a first round pick in a draft this filled with OG talent. Chances are he wouldn't get first round value in any other draft. He may get second if you find a "win now" team with crappy OG's, but otherwise, take the third.

Comment

Originally posted by frogstomp View Post
            A 30 year old guard will not get a first round pick in a draft this filled with OG talent. Chances are he wouldn't get first round value in any other draft. He may get second if you find a "win now" team with crappy OG's, but otherwise, take the third.
            WE'D GET A THIRD IN COMPENSATION FROM THE LEAGUE!!!

Comment

He will not get a 7 year $50+ when he is 31 years old. I love Faneca, he is the best OG in football, but he is 30 years old.

That is correct comahan
              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
              <3 dg

Comment

Yes, he will!

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                  He will not get a 7 year $50+ when he is 31 years old. I love Faneca, he is the best OG in football, but he is 30 years old.
                  Exactly. (10 characters)

Comment

They won't trade Faneca. The Steelers will either resign him this offseason or let him play out his contract and let him go.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by MP123 View Post
                      Exactly. (10 characters)
                      Yes, he will! Derrick Dockery, Eric Steinbach, Kris Dielman and Leonard Davis have yet to make a SINGLE pro bowl and look at their contracts! Oh, he's going to be 31 in 2008 so he won't?!? Yeah, because he'd only has atleast four more years of pro bowl skills left in the tank. Anyone with a brain would want a six time pro bowler over someone who may never even play good enough to make ONE.

This is so simple it just blows my mind that someone is so obtuse that they can't grasp it. Here you go. I'll explain it like I do when talking to a four year old.

6 Pro Bowls = Good
                      0 Pro Bowls = Not Good

Comment

Yes, he will! Derrick Dockery, Eric Steinbach, Kris Dielman and Leonard Davis have yet to make a SINGLE pro bowl and look at their contracts! Oh, he's going to be 31 in 2008 so he won't?!? Yeah, because he'd only has atleast four more years of pro bowl skills left in the tank. Anyone with a brain would want a six time pro bowler over someone who may never even play good enough to make ONE.

This is so simple it just blows my mind that someone is so obtuse that they can't grasp it. Here you go. I'll explain it like I do when talking to a four year old.

6 Pro Bowls = Good
                        0 Pro Bowls = Not Good
                        Of course somebody will want him. But, I'm gonna say this now, he will not get $50 million dollars. And yes, the reason he'll be 31 is why. He'll get a multi-year deal, but not anything near 7 years and $50 million.

Comment

6 Pro Bowls = Good
                          0 Pro Bowls = Not Good
                          Would you rather have him for the rest of his career or Shawn Andrews?

That is correct comahan
                          I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                          <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                            Would you rather have him for the rest of his career or Shawn Andrews?
                            I'll take Shawn Andrews over Alan Faneca anyday.

Comment

He's the best player on that offence. They'd be stupid to get rid of him. Their offence wouldn't function without him.

Whoever said hes the best gaurd in the NFL is dead on. I think he's still worth a late first round pick.

Thanks jkpigskin!

Comment

Originally posted by MP123 View Post
                                I'll take Shawn Andrews over Alan Faneca anyday.
                                Well its a good thing you arent an NFL GM. Matt Millen wouldnt even take that trade. Good gaurds last till their at least 36-37.

Thanks jkpigskin!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information