Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green's contract delays trade to Dolphins

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphin...svc=7&cxcat=46

A new contract for Trent Green is holding up a possible deal that would send the former Pro Bowl quarterback from Kansas City to the Miami Dolphins, sources said Wednesday.

The Dolphins, like the Chiefs, want Green to take a major pay cut from the $7.2, $7.7 and $9.2 million the 36-year-old veteran is due over the next three seasons, the final three years on his current contract. Miami doesn't want to pay Green, who will turn 37 in July, much more than the NFL veteran's minimum, which is $820,000 in 2007.

To acquire Green, the Dolphins likely would trade the second seventh-round draft pick they obtained from New England for receiver Wes Welker. But, sources said, the sticking point for the Green deal is money.

Atleast the Chiefs would get his big contract off the books but they they turn to Huard who was good last year but we don't know if he can hold up.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

That is all I wanted was to get his cap number gone there are all kinds of rumors on what we will get but I think it will just be the 7th.

Comment

If this trade does go down what do the Cheifs do? Do they start Huard or do they sign or draft somebody?

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Good move for the Chiefs, although I would think Trent could garner more then a 7th round pick. Huard should be okay but they still have a young Brodie Coyle in the wings or hey Drew Bledsoe is still out there......

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
          On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
          Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by portermvp84 View Post
            If this trade does go down what do the Cheifs do? Do they start Huard or do they sign or draft somebody?
            Huard and Croyle will fight for the job.

Comment

Just what the Dolphins need....another old player....

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
                Huard and Croyle will fight for the job.
                Don't forget Casey Printers.

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                  Don't forget Casey Printers.
                  I'm trying to make my self forget you can have him.

Comment

Omar Jacobs also is intriguing to me

Comment

Ya we sent him to NFLE.

Comment

Casey Printers might have looked bad in the preseason, but so did Huard and Croyle. We all know how bad the Chiefs OL and WR's were last year, can you imagine having to play with the backups? No QB is going to look good playing with those guys in the preseason. Printers was constantly under pressure and WR's were dropping balls all preseason.

Comment

btw I hear that the deal is not as close as is being reported

Comment

Originally posted by LarryJohnson27 View Post
                            Casey Printers might have looked bad in the preseason, but so did Huard and Croyle. We all know how bad the Chiefs OL and WR's were last year, can you imagine having to play with the backups? No QB is going to look good playing with those guys in the preseason. Printers was constantly under pressure and WR's were dropping balls all preseason.
                            Printers will never be anything more then a back up in the NFL IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by portermvp84 View Post
                              Im really thinking Croyle will probably get the starting job. I mean I know what Huard did was amazing last year, but Herm loves Croyle. And to anyone who says Herm doesnt play favorites, well thats exactly what he did with starting Green over Huards great play in the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information