No announcement yet.

Ohio State Rookie Linebackers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AJ Hawk and it's not even close. Hawk is the closest thing to Brian Urlacher since Brian Urlacher.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
      AJ Hawk and it's not even close. Hawk is the closest thing to Brian Urlacher since Brian Urlacher.
      except he's gonna be even better... 8)

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
      they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
      Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151
        Originally posted by johbur
        Carpenter>>>>>Hawk.

Carpenter is going to be so good in Dallas opposite Ware. Hawk will just be very average in Green Bay. Carpenter overall is such a better player.
        Whatever.

Carpenter is bigger. That's the only thing he has on Hawk. In every quantifiable area, Hawk>>>>>Carpenter. Look at their collegiate numbers, and their combine numbers. AJ Hawk held down the WLB spot at OSU prior to Carpenter coming, not vice versa. How many teams ran plays at AJ Hawk's side versus running plays at Carpenter's side?
        :shock: Good job scouting by numbers and not actually watching players, and it's pretty obvious you didn't watch them much because you think Hawk is better at every aspect of the game. :?
        Yeah, if anyone thinks Hawk is better at everything, they are wrong. Both are really talented, and most would tell you Carpenter does the hard stuff while Hawk just goes after the ball. But both translate to the NFL well...

Follow Me on Twitter!
        https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

you guys seen I made like 3 Hawk/Raider sigs,I never lost hope.I do want to see him succeed though.
          myspace.com/strangewavesmusic

Comment

Originally posted by raiderfan_89
            you guys seen I made like 3 Hawk/Raider sigs,I never lost hope.I do want to see him succeed though.
            But you can't go wrong with a Tatum sig...

Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

Originally posted by JBond93
              Originally posted by johbur
              Carpenter>>>>>Hawk.

Carpenter is going to be so good in Dallas opposite Ware. Hawk will just be very average in Green Bay. Carpenter overall is such a better player.
              Whatever.

Carpenter is bigger. That's the only thing he has on Hawk. In every quantifiable area, Hawk>>>>>Carpenter. Look at their collegiate numbers, and their combine numbers. AJ Hawk held down the WLB spot at OSU prior to Carpenter coming, not vice versa. How many teams ran plays at AJ Hawk's side versus running plays at Carpenter's side?
              :shock: Good job scouting by numbers and not actually watching players, and it's pretty obvious you didn't watch them much because you think Hawk is better at every aspect of the game. :?
              Yeah, if anyone thinks Hawk is better at everything, they are wrong. Both are really talented, and most would tell you Carpenter does the hard stuff while Hawk just goes after the ball. But both translate to the NFL well...
              I don't think anyone thinks Hawk is better than Carpenter at everything, that is ridiculous.

The main determinant in how good each player is depends on their fit for the scheme. For instance you put Hawk as the Mike or the Will in the cover two and just watch him be a perrenial pro bowler, he has the athleticism, cover skills, solid tackling, and instincts for it. But if they need him to bring the pressure and stack at the TE I don't think he will be nearly as effective taking on blockers at Mike.

As for Carpenter, I think he already has all the tools for the 3-4 its just going to be a question of whether he can put everything together and learn the scheme. He won't have nearly the responsibility of Hawk on that stacked Cowboys unit and will have the luxory of easing into his role.

But i think Hawk will be the better player this year and for the future...He just has crazy instincts (the most important thing for a NFL linebacker) and e is a great leader for a D in need of those.

Comment

AJ HAwk= DROY

Comment

doesn't matter who is better between those two ernie sims is better then both of them

Comment

Originally posted by detroit4life
                    doesn't matter who is better between those two ernie sims is better then both of them
                    sure he is. Keep telling yourself that.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                    they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                    Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

I like Ernie, but at least one of Hawk or Carpenter will have a better career than Sims...

Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

If Carpenter went to a 4-3 team it would be easy to say that Hawk would do better. I think Carpenter is going to excel in the 3-4 with several other strong LBs around him. Hawk will be good in GB, probably very good, but I think Carpenter will have a year almost as good as Merriman had this year.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by JBond93
                          I like Ernie, but at least one of Hawk or Carpenter will have a better career than Sims...
                          I'll say they both have a better career than Sims.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information