Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dante Culpepper?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Culpepper needs Moss.

    Comment


    • #17
      Mashed potato knee.
      "Kenny Phillips has the body of Sean Taylor and the speed and knowledge of Ed Reed"

      sig by vikes99ej

      RIP Sean Taylor
      4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
        We are bringing in Green as insurance in case Culpepper never gets his old form back. The only thing that has come from Cameron this offseason is that he likes what he sees from Culpepper working to get ready for next year. Green may come in and be the 3rd QB behind Culpepper and Lemon. As far as drafting Quinn all that is is speculation. He struggled last season because he was rushed back and rehurt his knee. Him getting written off after one injured season is pretty ridiculous IMO.
        He was terrible in minnesota before he injured his knee, the season before he came to miami.
        Last edited by 49ersfan_87; 03-22-2007, 09:22 PM.

        Comment


        • #19
          The problem is sex boats. Culpepper was able to finally find 1 in Minnesota... In Miami... that's all he does. In Popeye's words, "Sailing, sailing, sailing across the sea...!"

          Comment


          • #20
            Speaking of culpepper

            http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

            http://www.kffl.com/player/1120/NFL


            Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports if the Miami Dolphins trade for either Kansas City Chiefs QB Trent Green or Houston Texans QB David Carr, QB Daunte Culpepper will be released.

            Comment


            • #21
              I think he is done in Miami. All that pounding took the toll finally.

              Comment


              • #22
                Culpepper still has a lot of potential but he tried to come back when he was still a world away. He was probably healthy by week 8 but by then Miami was going fairly well with Harrington. Culepper will probably get cut. go to a team needing a backup and end up rebuilding his career and being very successful once again.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                  Wow, I'm pretty shocked with that. While I may not be C-Pep's biggest fan, I certainly don't think it's a wise decision to release him at this point. I mean, he came back too early from an injury and really didn't get much of a chance to gain a grasp of their offense.
                  SKOL VIKINGS!


                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                    He was terrible in minnesota before he injured his knee, the season before he came to miami.
                    Because:

                    He had no offensive line.

                    He had no offensive playmakers.

                    He had one of the worst offensive coordinators I've ever seen in my life (Steve Loney).

                    He had one of the worst coaching staffs I've ever seen in my life.

                    One of the worst drafting teams, and that draft was particularly bad. 1st round pick was Troy Williamson; 3rd round pick was Dustin Fox (who never played a single play in purple).

                    "The Moss effect"

                    Red McComb's cheapness.
                    "Kenny Phillips has the body of Sean Taylor and the speed and knowledge of Ed Reed"

                    sig by vikes99ej

                    RIP Sean Taylor
                    4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by swagger View Post
                      Because:

                      He had no offensive line.

                      He had no offensive playmakers.

                      He had one of the worst offensive coordinators I've ever seen in my life (Steve Loney).

                      He had one of the worst coaching staffs I've ever seen in my life.

                      One of the worst drafting teams, and that draft was particularly bad. 1st round pick was Troy Williamson; 3rd round pick was Dustin Fox (who never played a single play in purple).

                      "The Moss effect"

                      Red McComb's cheapness.
                      True, but brad johnson came in and didnt do too horrible. He had a decent season that same year.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Brad Johnson did a good job that year.

                        I think Culpepper was just kind of in the right place, at the right time. Him and Moss complimented each other extremely nicely. He did terrible in the half a season without Moss in Minnesota, plus with Miami.

                        I think that he was always somewhat overrated, but after the injury, he isnt anything more then a lower tier starter.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          He will also's be considered as a backup. Unless he heels right he's gonna be a back up for awhile.


                          Thanks to jackalope

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
                            Brad Johnson did a good job that year.

                            I think Culpepper was just kind of in the right place, at the right time. Him and Moss complimented each other extremely nicely. He did terrible in the half a season without Moss in Minnesota, plus with Miami.

                            I think that he was always somewhat overrated, but after the injury, he isnt anything more then a lower tier starter.
                            The team didn't have Moss or Culpepper's #1 WR from the year before Nate Burleson. They also lost their OC from the year before and C Matt Birk. When Culpepper played for us he wasn't awful, he just wouldn't get rid of the ball and he wasn't used to his receivers. Was he dominant, no, but he wasn't terrible. If he gets released because we bring in Trent Green I will be very disappointed.

                            That is correct comahan
                            I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                            <3 dg

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                              The team didn't have Moss or Culpepper's #1 WR from the year before Nate Burleson. They also lost their OC from the year before and C Matt Birk. When Culpepper played for us he wasn't awful, he just wouldn't get rid of the ball and he wasn't used to his receivers. Was he dominant, no, but he wasn't terrible. If he gets released because we bring in Trent Green I will be very disappointed.
                              I would be disappointed as well, I think Culpepper still has a couple seasons left in him and I really hope he can come back to his old self. A lot of people feel that if Trent Green were to come to Miami that would mean Culpepper would be on his way out since we can't "afford" two starting QB salaries. Green would actually be in Miami right now if he were willing to restructure and take a lesser deal, so Miami is trying to bring him in under a cheap/efficient contract meaning that they won't just cut Culpepper straight out. Another thing with Green is that most people feel he is being brought in to start, but I think Miami is just trying to bring him in a la Harrington to have a veteran backup that is capable of keeping us in games in case Culpepper hasn't fully recovered yet. I'm all for bringing in Green, as long as he is our veteran backup and is willing to restructure his current contract.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                any truth to the rumor that he will be cut if the trade for trent green ?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information