X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Perfect Score
    started a topic Dante Culpepper?

Dante Culpepper?

What happened to this guy? At this time last year, he was Miami's next Dan Marino, and now he's nowhere to be found. He was supposed to be the QB of the future in Miami. And now there is all this talk of bringing in Trent Green and drafting Brady Quinn, where does Culpepper fit in? I mean he has had his troubles, but he threw for 4700 yards not long ago. He is a physical specimen with tons of potential, why is he jsut being discarded in Miami?

• RCAChainGang
    replied
    Maybe Carr to the Dolphins ?????

It could happen...

Leave a comment:

• MNRunLeft
    replied
    Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
    His last season in Minnesota was so much more than the loss of Moss.
    Didn't seem to affect the way Brad Johnson played in place of the injured Daunte. Daunte struggled without Moss, but had shown in the past he was a good QB even when Moss was hurt. The real problem with Daunte has always been poor decision making, but when with Moss he was bailed out some of the time. Now with out his mobility Daunte will really need to learn more about reading coverages and making the correct reads instead of relying on his talents to make plays.

Leave a comment:

• Splat
    replied
    Culpepper expected to be ready.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/MIA/10083212

Leave a comment:

• georgiafan
    replied
    any truth to the rumor that he will be cut if the trade for trent green ?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
    The team didn't have Moss or Culpepper's #1 WR from the year before Nate Burleson. They also lost their OC from the year before and C Matt Birk. When Culpepper played for us he wasn't awful, he just wouldn't get rid of the ball and he wasn't used to his receivers. Was he dominant, no, but he wasn't terrible. If he gets released because we bring in Trent Green I will be very disappointed.
    I would be disappointed as well, I think Culpepper still has a couple seasons left in him and I really hope he can come back to his old self. A lot of people feel that if Trent Green were to come to Miami that would mean Culpepper would be on his way out since we can't "afford" two starting QB salaries. Green would actually be in Miami right now if he were willing to restructure and take a lesser deal, so Miami is trying to bring him in under a cheap/efficient contract meaning that they won't just cut Culpepper straight out. Another thing with Green is that most people feel he is being brought in to start, but I think Miami is just trying to bring him in a la Harrington to have a veteran backup that is capable of keeping us in games in case Culpepper hasn't fully recovered yet. I'm all for bringing in Green, as long as he is our veteran backup and is willing to restructure his current contract.

Leave a comment:

• draftguru151
    replied
    Originally posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
    Brad Johnson did a good job that year.

I think Culpepper was just kind of in the right place, at the right time. Him and Moss complimented each other extremely nicely. He did terrible in the half a season without Moss in Minnesota, plus with Miami.

I think that he was always somewhat overrated, but after the injury, he isnt anything more then a lower tier starter.
    The team didn't have Moss or Culpepper's #1 WR from the year before Nate Burleson. They also lost their OC from the year before and C Matt Birk. When Culpepper played for us he wasn't awful, he just wouldn't get rid of the ball and he wasn't used to his receivers. Was he dominant, no, but he wasn't terrible. If he gets released because we bring in Trent Green I will be very disappointed.

Leave a comment:

• portermvp84
    replied
    He will also's be considered as a backup. Unless he heels right he's gonna be a back up for awhile.

Leave a comment:

• GiantRutgersFan
    replied
    Brad Johnson did a good job that year.

I think Culpepper was just kind of in the right place, at the right time. Him and Moss complimented each other extremely nicely. He did terrible in the half a season without Moss in Minnesota, plus with Miami.

I think that he was always somewhat overrated, but after the injury, he isnt anything more then a lower tier starter.

Leave a comment:

• 49ersfan_87
    replied
    Originally posted by swagger View Post
    Because:

He had no offensive line.

He had no offensive playmakers.

He had one of the worst offensive coordinators I've ever seen in my life (Steve Loney).

He had one of the worst coaching staffs I've ever seen in my life.

One of the worst drafting teams, and that draft was particularly bad. 1st round pick was Troy Williamson; 3rd round pick was Dustin Fox (who never played a single play in purple).

"The Moss effect"

Red McComb's cheapness.
    True, but brad johnson came in and didnt do too horrible. He had a decent season that same year.

Leave a comment:

• swagger
    replied
    Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
    He was terrible in minnesota before he injured his knee, the season before he came to miami.
    Because:

He had no offensive line.

He had no offensive playmakers.

He had one of the worst offensive coordinators I've ever seen in my life (Steve Loney).

He had one of the worst coaching staffs I've ever seen in my life.

One of the worst drafting teams, and that draft was particularly bad. 1st round pick was Troy Williamson; 3rd round pick was Dustin Fox (who never played a single play in purple).

"The Moss effect"

Red McComb's cheapness.

Leave a comment:

• DHVF
    replied
    Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
    Wow, I'm pretty shocked with that. While I may not be C-Pep's biggest fan, I certainly don't think it's a wise decision to release him at this point. I mean, he came back too early from an injury and really didn't get much of a chance to gain a grasp of their offense.

Leave a comment:

• BlindSite
    replied
    Culpepper still has a lot of potential but he tried to come back when he was still a world away. He was probably healthy by week 8 but by then Miami was going fairly well with Harrington. Culepper will probably get cut. go to a team needing a backup and end up rebuilding his career and being very successful once again.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I think he is done in Miami. All that pounding took the toll finally.

Leave a comment:

• 49ersfan_87
    replied
    Speaking of culpepper

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

http://www.kffl.com/player/1120/NFL

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports if the Miami Dolphins trade for either Kansas City Chiefs QB Trent Green or Houston Texans QB David Carr, QB Daunte Culpepper will be released.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information