Vanderjagt or Vinatieri

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
    You cant really consider it an actually dome.
    its better than being just outside. i think vanderjagt will put up similar numbers to what he has. I still consider him as the 3rd best kicker in the NFL

Comment

Originally posted by cardsalltheway
      its better than being just outside. i think vanderjagt will put up similar numbers to what he has. I still consider him as the 3rd best kicker in the NFL
      Who are the top 2, in your opinion?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

Vinatieri and Rackers. I am a lil biased though, being a Colts and Cardinals fan. I know this was Rackers first great year but i put him about equal with vanderjagt.

Comment

Vinatieri and Rackers. I am a lil biased though, being a Colts and Cardinals fan. I know this was Rackers first great year but i put him about equal with vanderjagt.
          rackers was amazing last year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by Texico From Mexico
            Originally posted by Staubach12
            Vinetieri is better, but why does everyone hate Vanderjagt? worth.
            Because this is the NFLDC board, and Vanderjagt is a Dallas Cowboy....pretty obvious that this poll is an excuse to hammer the Cowboy. :D
            no not really. theres no doubt Vanderjagt is a great kicker but its completely idiotic to say hes better than Vinatieri. If he was still a colt, the results would be the same.
            I agree too that Vin is better...but what is the purpose of this poll? Seems like a bash hunt.

Comment

Because this is the NFLDC board, and Vanderjagt is a Dallas Cowboy....pretty obvious that this poll is an excuse to hammer the Cowboy. :D
              no not really. theres no doubt Vanderjagt is a great kicker but its completely idiotic to say hes better than Vinatieri. If he was still a colt, the results would be the same.
              I dont see how you can say it is idiotic, if you take the "clutch" aspect out of the equation, Vandy is the better kicker. Vandejagt is more accurate from every distance on the field and his KO average is only 2 yards less than Vinatieri.
              vanderjagt played at least half his games in a dome and Vinatieri played in New England. Vinatieri will have for sure the best numbers in the NFL b/c of the huge improvement of conditions
              Before you say the dome inflated his stats, look at the stats. It has no effect. In his career, he is 87.6 percent indoors and 87.4% outdoors.

BoneKrusher

Comment

I dont see how you can say it is idiotic, if you take the "clutch" aspect out of the equation, Vandy is the better kicker. Vandejagt is more accurate from every distance on the field and his KO average is only 2 yards less than Vinatieri.
                vanderjagt played at least half his games in a dome and Vinatieri played in New England. Vinatieri will have for sure the best numbers in the NFL b/c of the huge improvement of conditions
                Before you say the dome inflated his stats, look at the stats. It has no effect. In his career, he is 87.6 percent indoors and 87.4% outdoors.
                thats not what i was saying. i was saying that Vinatieri's stats will go up b/c of playing in a dome

Comment

thats not what i was saying. i was saying that Vinatieri's stats will go up b/c of playing in a dome
                  Oh, I thought you said Vanderjagts will go down. Sorry, my mistake. I agree, though.Vinetieri will do very well in the dome.

BoneKrusher

Comment

...atlhough, it takes adjusting to kick in a dome. In the end it's easier, but if you are in a stadium that consistently gets wind (does the Razor?), you might over or under-compensate on your kicks in certain directions.

by BoneKrusher
                    <DG> how metal unseen
                    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by Immaculate Tackle
                      Originally posted by njx9
                      additionally, i would take vanderjagt in a second during the regular season. i find it funny that people think vinatieri is so clutch... i mean, the kick against oakland was amazing, but what other difficult "clutch" kicks has he really made?
                      Do you watch the Superbowl or what?
                      the one in no wind on turf from 48? fricking wow.

or maybe you meant the one in perfect weather from 41?

or the most recent one from a whopping 22?

boy. those just scream incredible kicker :roll:

or they would if i didn't actually watch football ever.

Comment

Originally posted by scorchin
                        Vinatieri, he kicks outside. It's not that hard to be good, when you kick inside most of your career.
                        and yet the little kids on this board still think vinatieri's kick in st. louis was "incredible" or "clutch" somehow.

Comment

The only reason Vanderjagt is in this thread, is because of Cowboy homers. It's not even close IMO, because I want a guy I can count on in the clutch.
                          SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

Originally posted by diehardvikingsfan
                            The only reason Vanderjagt is in this thread, is because of Cowboy homers. It's not even close IMO, because I want a guy I can count on in the clutch.
                            yeah, i mean, the most accurate regular season kicker ever... can't imagine why HE'D be in the thread. :roll:

Comment

Thread was created by a Colt fan. For quite awhile there, Vanderjagt was considered the top kicker. Vinatieri's heroics on the global stage vaulted him to potential HOF status. I'd rather have him too......but I'll take Neil Rackers over both. Did you guys see on NFL network when Rackers kicked 4 balls in a row, first 2 hit the left upright, the last 2 hit the right upright. Looked to be from about 50 yards. My jaw dropped.

1. Rackers
                              2. Vinatieri
                              3. Vanderjagt

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                                yeah, i mean, the most accurate regular season kicker ever... can't imagine why HE'D be in the thread. :roll:
                                The season he did that, he only had one kick of 50+ yards, and 17 from 20-29. Most of his kicks were easy chip shots. Anyway regardless of who's better I would want Vinatieri on my team because when it counts he doesn't miss, and he isn't as irritating as Vanderjagt. Vanderjagt is the only kicker diva, he doesn't seem to understand that no one idolizes kickers like they do receivers.

Also the transition might be difficult for Vinatieri if the holder can't adjust to his style, because his old holder used to hold his kicks with a bit of lean forward.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information