X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Al Wilson(DEN) to Giants?

www.rotoworld.com wire:

Al Wilson-LB- Broncos Mar. 22 - 7:20 pm et

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Giants and Broncos are in trade talks involving middle linebacker Al Wilson.
    The Eagles, Lions, and Redskins (before they signed London Fletcher) have also reportedly been involved in talks regarding Wilson. We suspect Wilson would stay in the middle and New York would move Antonio Pierce over to weak-side linebacker if the sides can strike a deal.

Originally posted by DWhitner20 View Post
    What would the Giants have to give up? Wilson's gonna be 30, so he's got very few good years left.

Comment

Yep, saw this on NFL Network, it's not that the Broncos don't want him, according to Schefter on the show they just can't afford him, and if they get a reasonable draft pick this can work out for both sides. Must suck for the Broncos to lose their leader and pro bowler on defense though. (Although they still have Lynch and Bailey)

Comment

furious... absolutely furious... YOU. DONT. TRADE. AL. WILSON. EVER!!!!!!

he is the heart of our Defence and has another 4 great years left. if this goes through i may never forgive shannahan. this is disgusting.

Sig byDLS42

Comment

would def. complete the NYG LB CORPS.

Pierce + Arrington + Wilson = Force to be reckoned with

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
            would def. complete the NYG LB CORPS.

Pierce + Arrington + Wilson = Force to be reckoned with

They cut lavar buddy
            RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by 21ST View Post
              They cut lavar buddy
              I like that shutdown, you got yourself some rep sir.

Comment

They cut lavar buddy
                O DAMN, well i like the Philly Eagles so thats good anyways.

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88

Comment

Originally posted by 3projectPAT6 View Post

he is the heart of our Defence and has another 4 great years left. if this goes through i may never forgive shannahan. this is disgusting.
                  QFT. He is the heart and soul of the defense. Him and Lynch are the vocal leaders, but Lynch won't be around much longer, we need to keep Wilson. If we trade Wilson, the Giants may instantly become my second favourite team. I'm already an "Eli fangirl" cuz I think he needs some time.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                  Originally posted by njx9
                  do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by CutlerChris View Post
                    QFT. He is the heart and soul of the defense. Him and Lynch are the vocal leaders, but Lynch won't be around much longer, we need to keep Wilson. If we trade Wilson, the Giants may instantly become my second favourite team. I'm already an "Eli fangirl" cuz I think he needs some time.
                    Adam said something about his 5.2 (might be off by a bit) contract being too much, and that he is a cap casualty to the team. It's not that they don't want him, they can't afford him from what I hear. Still a big mistake if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by 3projectPAT6 View Post

While I don't like the idea of losing our defensive leader, it would give DJ Williams the chance to escape the wasteland of the strong side, a position that is not entirely suited to his talents. Shanny thought highly enough of him to move up in the draft, so perhaps it's time for him to step up.

Anyway, I think it could work out well for both teams, depending on what the Giants are willing/able to offer.
                      Last edited by Diehard; 03-22-2007, 08:10 PM.

Comment

I don't know how well Pierce would be at OLB. He is already proven at MLB, why not build around him.

And LOL @ the guy who thought LaVar will be playing football, let alone starting somewhere, next year

Comment

They cut lavar buddy
                          LOLwned, 21ST For the win.

Comment

i would b strongly against that- Wilson is a great player but the fact is hes about 30 years old and we need to get younger on defense. Pierce is a proven guy and we should build up a strong LB corp around him not move the best part of it

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by Diehard View Post
                              While I don't like the idea of losing our defensive leader, it would give DJ Williams the chance to escape the wasteland of the strong side, a position that is not entirely suited to his talents. Shanny thought highly enough of him to move up in the draft, so perhaps it's time for him to step up.

Anyway, I think it could work out well for both teams, depending on what the Giants are willing/able to offer.
                              I think the move that will get DJ out of SAM is getting rid of Gold. I think Williams is a better Will then ILB, no?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                              Originally posted by njx9
                              do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information