No announcement yet.

Al Wilson(DEN) to Giants?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i dont like the trade much. why would denver do this when they are on the doorstep of a big playoff run this year? doesnt make sense to me

Comment

• Is a neck injury a major injury concern? Arrington had a lot bigger problems, don't remember Wilson missing a lot of games.

That is correct comahan
      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
      <3 dg

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
        Would you trade for damaged goods? A late twenties, LB, with major injury concerns. Sound familiar? It should. That's the last thing the Giants should do.

Major? He didn't miss any games with it. Thats why I asked if he miserably failed it. You could do worse for a 7th round pick if he barely failed the physical

Comment

• Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
          Is a neck injury a major injury concern? Arrington had a lot bigger problems, don't remember Wilson missing a lot of games.

But you are foregetting the contract that LA signed.

The Giants would have to take on Wilson's $5 million per year through 2010.
          Originally posted by Paul
          Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
          Originally posted by Vikes99ej
          These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
          MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

• Originally posted by Damix View Post
            Major? He didn't miss any games with it. Thats why I asked if he miserably failed it. You could do worse for a 7th round pick if he barely failed the physical
            Two things make me thing that;

1. - He couldn't pass a physical, obviously.

2. - Most of all; it is unusual for the Broncos to almost give the guy away, for no where near market value. It seems to me that they are trying to get something from him, while they can.

That's just my theory.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
              Two things make me thing that;

1. - He couldn't pass a physical, obviously.

2. - Most of all; it is unusual for the Broncos to almost give the guy away, for no where near market value. It seems to me that they are trying to get something from him, while they can.

That's just my theory.
              And as I said it is different between failing by a bit, and miserably failing. Of course I don't want a hopeless case.

We don't know the trade, so I can't really form an opinion on if they were going to get market value

Comment

• just draft lawrence timmons and be done with it...

Comment

• Teams have different credentials in terms of physicals.

Al passed his season ending physical at the Broncos with nothing concerning coming up on it. Denver has one of the best training staffs in the league in that regard and they take very good care of their players. I think the Giants were unwilling to take the salary that Al would come with. So, they deny it - in hopes to get Denver to lower their standards in what they want in the trade.

It'll be pick only, no players will be involved, but at best I see the Broncos getting a third-round for him now, more likely the Giants fourth this year, plus a conditional 2008 round pick. Giants hold all the cards in this trade, they have all the leverage. Regardless, Al will be dealt. He didn't fail this physical based on any lingering effects, as Al was interviewed and said it had nothing to do with that. Strictly a financial failure here.

Other teams remain interested. I'd like a first-day pick for him, but I'd take anything we could get for someone who is likely to either take a pay cut or be cut if a trade isn't worked.
                  Me and Keak Da Sneak were legendary.

Comment

• NJX-

From what I have been told, Reese is still very much interested in acquiring Wilson but he wants the Broncos to lower the demand because of the combination of salary and potential neck injuries. I'd be suprised to see the Giants trade for him though, but I would be even more suprised to see Wilson in a Broncos uniform next year.
                    Originally posted by Paul
                    Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                    Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                    These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
                      hideous.

well, at least we have a TE who doesn't really catch passes that well for way more money than he's worth instead. i'm stoked. can't wait for the lack of defensive leadership and overall ability at 2/3 LB positions. if/when this goes through, i have a difficult time imagining denver as better than 3rd place in the AFC West.
                      You have Cutler, everything will be fine.

That is correct comahan
                      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                      <3 dg

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information