Al Wilson(DEN) to Giants?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DWhitner20
    started a topic Al Wilson(DEN) to Giants?

Al Wilson(DEN) to Giants?

www.rotoworld.com wire:

Al Wilson-LB- Broncos Mar. 22 - 7:20 pm et

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Giants and Broncos are in trade talks involving middle linebacker Al Wilson.
    The Eagles, Lions, and Redskins (before they signed London Fletcher) have also reportedly been involved in talks regarding Wilson. We suspect Wilson would stay in the middle and New York would move Antonio Pierce over to weak-side linebacker if the sides can strike a deal.

• draftguru151
    replied
    Originally posted by njx9
    hideous.

well, at least we have a TE who doesn't really catch passes that well for way more money than he's worth instead. i'm stoked. can't wait for the lack of defensive leadership and overall ability at 2/3 LB positions. if/when this goes through, i have a difficult time imagining denver as better than 3rd place in the AFC West.
    You have Cutler, everything will be fine.

Leave a comment:

• Number 10
    replied
    NJX-

From what I have been told, Reese is still very much interested in acquiring Wilson but he wants the Broncos to lower the demand because of the combination of salary and potential neck injuries. I'd be suprised to see the Giants trade for him though, but I would be even more suprised to see Wilson in a Broncos uniform next year.

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied
    Teams have different credentials in terms of physicals.

Al passed his season ending physical at the Broncos with nothing concerning coming up on it. Denver has one of the best training staffs in the league in that regard and they take very good care of their players. I think the Giants were unwilling to take the salary that Al would come with. So, they deny it - in hopes to get Denver to lower their standards in what they want in the trade.

It'll be pick only, no players will be involved, but at best I see the Broncos getting a third-round for him now, more likely the Giants fourth this year, plus a conditional 2008 round pick. Giants hold all the cards in this trade, they have all the leverage. Regardless, Al will be dealt. He didn't fail this physical based on any lingering effects, as Al was interviewed and said it had nothing to do with that. Strictly a financial failure here.

Other teams remain interested. I'd like a first-day pick for him, but I'd take anything we could get for someone who is likely to either take a pay cut or be cut if a trade isn't worked.

Leave a comment:

• JagHombre22
    replied
    just draft lawrence timmons and be done with it...

Leave a comment:

• Damix
    replied
    Originally posted by Shiver View Post
    Two things make me thing that;

1. - He couldn't pass a physical, obviously.

2. - Most of all; it is unusual for the Broncos to almost give the guy away, for no where near market value. It seems to me that they are trying to get something from him, while they can.

That's just my theory.
    And as I said it is different between failing by a bit, and miserably failing. Of course I don't want a hopeless case.

We don't know the trade, so I can't really form an opinion on if they were going to get market value

Leave a comment:

• Shiver
    replied
    Originally posted by Damix View Post
    Major? He didn't miss any games with it. Thats why I asked if he miserably failed it. You could do worse for a 7th round pick if he barely failed the physical
    Two things make me thing that;

1. - He couldn't pass a physical, obviously.

2. - Most of all; it is unusual for the Broncos to almost give the guy away, for no where near market value. It seems to me that they are trying to get something from him, while they can.

That's just my theory.

Leave a comment:

• Number 10
    replied
    Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
    Is a neck injury a major injury concern? Arrington had a lot bigger problems, don't remember Wilson missing a lot of games.

But you are foregetting the contract that LA signed.

The Giants would have to take on Wilson's $5 million per year through 2010.

Leave a comment:

• Damix
    replied
    Originally posted by Shiver View Post
    Would you trade for damaged goods? A late twenties, LB, with major injury concerns. Sound familiar? It should. That's the last thing the Giants should do.

Major? He didn't miss any games with it. Thats why I asked if he miserably failed it. You could do worse for a 7th round pick if he barely failed the physical

Leave a comment:

• draftguru151
    replied
    Is a neck injury a major injury concern? Arrington had a lot bigger problems, don't remember Wilson missing a lot of games.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    i dont like the trade much. why would denver do this when they are on the doorstep of a big playoff run this year? doesnt make sense to me

Leave a comment:

• Shiver
    replied
    Would you trade for damaged goods? A late twenties, LB, with major injury concerns. Sound familiar? It should. That's the last thing the Giants should do.

Leave a comment:

• Damix
    replied
    I wonder if we could still trade for him for significatly less? Did he miserably fail the physical?

Leave a comment:

• Shiver
    replied
    No wonder Denver wanted to unload him.

Leave a comment:

• MasterShake
    replied
    Sirius NFL Radio 2 minute drill reported....

Al Wilson failed his physical with the NY Giants due to a neck injury.

Take it for what its worth.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information