Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LJ Prediction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by HokiesSkins2621
    Your right, Everybody is expect LJ to have a 2,000 Rushing Yard season. At best he'll have a 1,700 Rushing Yard season.
    Oh my God, that would suck! LJ would be a huge bust then!!!

    I'm bored, so I guess i'll bite:

    1. Roaf will be a much bigger loss for Trent Green than Larry Johnson. LJ had big games when Roaf was out last year, and frankly a dominant left tackle isn't necessary for a great running game (now if Brian Waters was retiring, I would be nervous...).

    2. Herm likes to run the ball a lot more than Vermeil and Saunders did, so this won't be an issue. LJ will get his touches, and Solari (the new OC, former Oline coach) is keeping the same offensive scheme.

    3. Not sure why the PSU curse is still relevant, LJ's performance last year ended that little theory.

    4. Great RBs are going to get their yards no matter what.


    Originally posted by BrownsTown

    If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

    2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS

    Comment


    • #32
      He's gonna have a hell of a year this season, I would be shocked if he only got 1,200 yards.


      Thanks to jackalope

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by eazyb81
        Originally posted by HokiesSkins2621
        Your right, Everybody is expect LJ to have a 2,000 Rushing Yard season. At best he'll have a 1,700 Rushing Yard season.
        Oh my God, that would suck! LJ would be a huge bust then!!!

        I'm bored, so I guess i'll bite:

        1. Roaf will be a much bigger loss for Trent Green than Larry Johnson. LJ had big games when Roaf was out last year, and frankly a dominant left tackle isn't necessary for a great running game (now if Brian Waters was retiring, I would be nervous...).

        2. Herm likes to run the ball a lot more than Vermeil and Saunders did, so this won't be an issue. LJ will get his touches, and Solari (the new OC, former Oline coach) is keeping the same offensive scheme.

        3. Not sure why the PSU curse is still relevant, LJ's performance last year ended that little theory.

        4. Great RBs are going to get their yards no matter what.
        agreed

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by SeanTaylor21
          First of all Larry Johnson isnt a top 5 back, but i do agree with you he wont do all that great. He will have a good season about 1500 yards and 20 TD's.
          Yes, he is.

          And 1,500 yards and 20 TDs IS great.

          Comment


          • #35
            I think his yards per carry will dip to the 4-ish range, but his carries will go up, so I expect about the same numbers from him.

            Comment


            • #36
              I love people hating on LJ it is just Fuel on the fire you just make him mad and i love when he is mad.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by SeanTaylor21
                First of all Larry Johnson isnt a top 5 back, but i do agree with you he wont do all that great. He will have a good season about 1500 yards and 20 TD's.
                Yeah those predicted numbers reflect a back who shouldn't be considered in the top 5... :roll:

                I am going to say that he runs at least 1700 and up to 1900. With about 20 TDs. Also, even though Herm will run him a lot, the scheme will be different, as will the plays. His average could drop by a noticable amount, which could effect his overall numbers. I'm not saying it will though...
                Mr Garrison: Does anyone know what sexual harassment means?
                Cartman: When you are trying to have intercourse with a special lady friend and some other guy comes up and tickles your balls from behind.

                Comment


                • #38
                  hmmm

                  I think LJ is a better back than Priest, but his O-line isn't as good [age + Richardson's departure]. I expect the same this year as Priest's best year [2002]. 1600 yds, 20 TD's.

                  PS - He IS better than Priest, don't even try to argue that. That O-line made Priest look a little better than he actually was. He was still good, but not top 5 material. LJ is without a doubt a top 5 RB. Cheers.

                  Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
                  Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by D4rk 0ne
                    Originally posted by SeanTaylor21
                    First of all Larry Johnson isnt a top 5 back, but i do agree with you he wont do all that great. He will have a good season about 1500 yards and 20 TD's.
                    Yeah those predicted numbers reflect a back who shouldn't be considered in the top 5... :roll:

                    I am going to say that he runs at least 1700 and up to 1900. With about 20 TDs. Also, even though Herm will run him a lot, the scheme will be different, as will the plays. His average could drop by a noticable amount, which could effect his overall numbers. I'm not saying it will though...
                    The scheme and plays aren't changing. Edwards retained most of the offensive staff, and promoted their previous offensive coach to offensive coordinator.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Splat420
                      I love people hating on LJ it is just Fuel on the fire you just make him mad and i love when he is mad.
                      I agree hell come out and kill!

                      Sig by BoneKrusher
                      Originally posted by killxswitch
                      Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        I think your first 2 points are valid (especially with Roaf retiring), but your last 2 points are not (they do have a pretty good passing game that defenses can't ignore, and he proved he had talent at Penn State when he rushed for over 2000 yards when they were bad).


                        The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

                        If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

                        <Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                        <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          You want is kinda crazy LJ's last year playing high school football he rushed for over 2000 yards and his last year in college he rushed for over 2000 yards it would be pretty cool to do it in the NFL to. That being said even i don't think he will not with out Roaf and T-Rich but the loss of Roaf is going to hurt Green way more then LJ.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X

                          Debug Information