TE Wiggins agrees with Jags

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TE Wiggins agrees with Jags

Unrestricted free agent tight end Jermaine Wiggins, who flourished as a receiver under Mike Tice in Minnesota, will have the chance to play again for his former coach.

Cut loose earlier in the offseason by the Vikings, where he asked to be released because he felt he was a poor fit in the offense designed by coach Brad Childress, Wiggins has reached agreement with the Jacksonville Jaguars on a one-year, $1 million contract. The deal reunites him with his former head coach Tice, currently the Jaguars' assistant head coach for offense.
    Source: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/s...e=NFLHeadlines

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

I knew they would sign somebody after loosing Kyle Brady.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

It's a good signing. Kyle Brady left, and George Wrighster recently had more surgery on his back. I think it's a signing more for Wrighster than Brady, as Wiggins is more of a pass-catcher than blocker, when Kyle Brady was here for his blocking.

by BoneKrusher
      <DG> how metal unseen
      <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

I wouldn't read too much into it. They gain some pass catching, lose some run blocking. It leaves them roughly in the same offensive vicinity they were last year.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
          I wouldn't read too much into it. They gain some pass catching, lose some run blocking. It leaves them roughly in the same offensive vicinity they were last year.
          It's not supposed to be a key-signing anyways. It's a bottom-dollar deal for an experienced back-up with a good history with his former head coach now his new position coach.

by BoneKrusher
          <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
            It's not supposed to be a key-signing anyways. It's a bottom-dollar deal for an experienced back-up with a good history with his former head coach now his new position coach.
            Yeah, I agree. It was a good signing. Im a big fan of cheap FA aquisitions. I hate the top tier FA signings, they usually don't pan out.

I think keeping Tice as your Assistant HC/OC is gonna be important. He's an underrated offensive mind. And he's a diehard Giant fan. Sounds like a good guy if you ask me.

Comment

Ahhh wiggins. The man that looks like he shouldn't even be able to walk to the fridge to get a beer, but yet he can hurdle linebackers on the football feild. He may very well be the only Viking I ever admired.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
              they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
              Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                Yeah, I agree. It was a good signing. Im a big fan of cheap FA aquisitions. I hate the top tier FA signings, they usually don't pan out.

I think keeping Tice as your Assistant HC/OC is gonna be important. He's an underrated offensive mind. And he's a diehard Giant fan. Sounds like a good guy if you ask me.
                I implied this in my previous comment, but he's now also the TE's coach. With what he's done with TEs in the past, that only bodes well for the Jags offense. It showed last year a bit with Wrighster, who kinda came out of nowhere, albeit it was because he then got an opportunity.

by BoneKrusher
                <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

Should be a pretty good TE combo with Merecedes Lewis and Wiggins.

Comment

Just a replacement; he won't make that big of an impact

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

will lewis start or will wiggins

Comment

I suppose Lewis would. He's knows the system good TE all around.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                          will lewis start or will wiggins
                          Lewis and Wrighster will probably battle it out for the starting tight end job. Wiggins is pretty much the number two tight end by default. The odd man out will just rotate in as a situational pass catcher in passing situations.

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                            With what he's done with TEs in the past, that only bodes well for the Jags offense.
                            Tell me, what exactly has he done with TEs in the past?
                            SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

Mike Tice always has a pencil in his ear. This is a clear sign that he he's a deep thinker. Or has aspirations to be a junior high shop teacher.

I wanted the Bears to sign him as a backup, although I knew they wouldn't.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information