No announcement yet.

Best Cornerback in the NFC North

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vasher is fast he was made for special teams.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

antoine winfield, i cant think of any corner than defends the run better than him

sig by CalBears99
      Originally posted by yodachu
      I HAVE ISSUES! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTaylor21
        Originally posted by PACKmanN
        Originally posted by thetedginnshow
        I went with Winfield. I've though Harris and Bly were overrated for a while.
        In what way shape or form is Harris overrated? You must mean he underrated.
        Because all packers fan swear up and down he is a top 5 corner when he has a hard time cracking a top 15 list.
        How does that make him overrated? Fans telling you that he a top 5 CB makes him overrated, do u even know what overrated means.

Comment

Oh i see we have some people that voted for Charles Woodson.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Is Keith Smith the Loins number two CB? If so thats really sad.

Comment

Their only good secondary guy is Dre Bly by far.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Woodson has the most talent out of all of them I believe, so I picked him

Comment

Winfield... and I really don't think its that close... I personally believe that Harris is overrated, and its not because he is a Packer.

These are Winfield's stats since he joined the Vikings (two years). He is not known for his great hands so he doesn't have many interceptions.

2004: 14 games, 85 tackles, 3 INT, 5 Pass Deflects
                  2005: 16 games, 98 tackles :!: , 4 INT, 4 Pass Deflects

These are Al Harris stats the past two years. I'm only doing recent stats because the poll is about who is the best right now, so what they did 5 years ago doesn't matter.

2004: 16 games, 62 tackles, 1 INT, 19 Pass Deflects
                  2005: 16 games, 53 tackles, 3 INT, 10 Pass Deflects

Now, you can make a case for Harris because he has more PDFs, but Winfield has the edge in tackles and interceptions. However, I'd still take Winfield because he has the best tackling ability of any corner in the NFL and can get a few picks despite not having very good hands (from his days in Buffalo).

(Stats from NFL.com)

Comment

Because all packers fan swear up and down he is a top 5 corner when he has a hard time cracking a top 15 list.
                    says the redskin fan who thinks sean taylor is a saint.

Comment

Originally posted by jpapa4490
                      says the redskin fan who thinks sean taylor is a saint.
                      :roll: Wow that wasn't lame.

That is correct comahan
                      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                      <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by VikesRule
                        Winfield... and I really don't think its that close... I personally believe that Harris is overrated, and its not because he is a Packer.

These are Winfield's stats since he joined the Vikings (two years). He is not known for his great hands so he doesn't have many interceptions.

2004: 14 games, 85 tackles, 3 INT, 5 Pass Deflects
                        2005: 16 games, 98 tackles :!: , 4 INT, 4 Pass Deflects

These are Al Harris stats the past two years. I'm only doing recent stats because the poll is about who is the best right now, so what they did 5 years ago doesn't matter.

2004: 16 games, 62 tackles, 1 INT, 19 Pass Deflects
                        2005: 16 games, 53 tackles, 3 INT, 10 Pass Deflects

Now, you can make a case for Harris because he has more PDFs, but Winfield has the edge in tackles and interceptions. However, I'd still take Winfield because he has the best tackling ability of any corner in the NFL and can get a few picks despite not having very good hands (from his days in Buffalo).

(Stats from NFL.com)
                        You can't really judge a CB by stats only, just look at the bengals cb's

Comment

Well it's not like he did INTs, it was more of showing how good Winfield is in run support.

That is correct comahan
                          I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                          <3 dg

Comment

Who the hell votes for Charles Woodson I mean come on honestly me real.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Give em a break. Now that Favre is washed up they don't have a whole lot of good players to talk about. Harris is probably the best player on their team. Maybe in a few years A.J Hawk can be the guy.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner
                                Originally posted by sik wit it
                                Harris, if i recall correctly, only gave up one TD the whole year and shut down CJ85 AANNNNNNDDDDDD STEVE SMITH. You must still be bitter about the packers having the bucs number.
                                It's impossible to say which corners shut down which receivers unless you watched and made sure he was actually covering that receiver during the game. I can tell you right now through common sense that Harris didn't hut Steve Smith down. Harris is a RCB. Steve Smith is a flanker. They wouldn't even be lined up on the same side of the field.
                                Personally, I find it really difficult to vote a RCB as one of the best corners in the game. Right corners are dime a dozen. They play a lot of squat and zone coverage and are often involved in double teams with the free safety. Left corners are the premium corners.
                                And you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. The Packers don't have, (maybe they will this year with Woodson and Harris), a RCB and a LCB. Harris was always on the #1 reciever. He rotated sides.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information