X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowboys sign FS Ken Hamlin

Per ESPN bottom line.

Thoughts?

I'm not sure thats the best move for the Boys. They would have probably been better off with a safety like Reggie Nelson in the draft to pair with Roy.

Comment

I guess that means no Reggie Nelson. It was a good signing. If Hamlin can stay healthy, he's a good player. Plus, with Wade's scheme, you need a ballhawk in the worst way. Hamlin gives them that.

Now Roy Williams has no more excuses. I view him as the most overrated player in football, if he doesn't produce this year, he should be benched like any other player on any other team would be.

Comment

wow how quick did you see that and type this thread i just saw it

and oooo no reggie nelson

Comment

and the plot thickens....

Comment

He is an improvement, for sure.

Comment

Over/Under on how many Cowboy fans will tell us that this move will get them to the SB this year?

Comment

I think Nelson is gonna go to Jacksonville or even Carolina anyhow. Dallas can get a left tackle like Joe Staley or a wideout maybe like Dwayne Bowe or Robert Meachum if they wanted to now since their biggest needs now seem to be a starting NT and depth elsewhere.

Comment

It's intersting that he's been out there so long and that numerous teams chose supposedly inferior talent to him.

Hawks went with Deon Grant and Brian Ruseell over him.

Saints went with Kevin Kasehviaevaknarharn over him.

Anywho, I'm sure it won't hurt. I would guess at this point in the game the contract numbers are reasonable, but you never know.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                    Over/Under on how many Cowboy fans will tell us that this move will get them to the SB this year?
                    Over/under figure is set at 26 individual posters.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Not a big fan of Hamlin, he bites on a lot of routes, still not the center fielder they need.

Comment

Not exactly the cover safety they need.
                        Originally posted by Paul
                        Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                        Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                        These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                        MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                          I think Nelson is gonna go to Jacksonville or even Carolina anyhow. Dallas can get a left tackle like Joe Staley or a wideout maybe like Dwayne Bowe or Robert Meachum if they wanted to now since their biggest needs now seem to be a starting NT and depth elsewhere.
                          Totally agree. I would also put a CB in the mix... Glenn will be gone next year, and Henry is turning 32...

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

I kind of like this move for the Cowboys. Hamlin fits their aggressive, attacking style very nicely. He really does a lot to complete their starting secondary. With the FA market shrinking, Hamlin was probably the BPA in general, and easily the best safety. I like his style of game, and I think he will fit well with Williams. The Cowboys will still be a little weak covering the deep pass, but they will be better than they were before.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by Modano View Post
                              Totally agree. I would also put a CB in the mix... Glenn will be gone next year, and Henry is turning 32...
                              I was thinking about this and was about to post it, when I saw your post. Good thinking. The Cowboys will look at LT depth, perhaps WR, but CB seems to be a key need. As coincidence would have it, there are a bunch of very good CB's in this draft...

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information