Cowboys sign FS Ken Hamlin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
    Over/under figure is set at 26 individual posters.

SUPER BOWL...WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

only 25 more to go...

I had a dream that Brady Quinn was rollin' with Omarosa in a 1987 LeSabre

Comment

Originally posted by therock6000 View Post
      SUPER BOWL...WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

only 25 more to go...
      This is why therock is one of my favorite posters...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Mixed feelings on the signing. I like it, but at the same time, it kills my Reggie Nelson man crush. LOL!

The Hammer has always impressed me from afar with his overall game. He's got that dog in him that makes him a highly competitive player who plays with a passion. I like that about him. Great tackler, frequently around the action and he'll make a big play when you need it. I like his range, but I think he could stand to improve in coverage. A sure improvement and a nice complement to Patrick Watkins. This move will allow Watkins to develop behind Hamlin instead of being tossed in the fire or having to compete with another rookie. I like the stability that we've added at the position. Even a rookie would've come in with some question marks.

This surely opens up a whole slew of options in the draft. I would like to see Dwayne Jarrett, but Joe Staley would be good too with Flozell being in the last year of his contract. CB and OLB could be addressed as well.

Comment

A decent move ... and an upgrade, but it really isn't a significant difference unless Ken Hamlin mysteriously learns to cover better.

Comment

I am not a fan of this move personally... I'm a Pat Watkins guy, and I think Hamlin is not the center fielding safety answer to our problems.

Comment

That has to be the hardest hitting safety tandem in football. It should be interesting to see how they fare in coverage though.

Comment

I think the idea of needing a centerfielding safety is a bit overrated. I also think Roy gets a bad rap. It doesn't matter though. I'm happy with the tandem and expect our secondary to be much improved. With the pass rush attack that Phillips will bring, it should help our secondary... on the other hand, the lack of a pass rush might kill us.

Our #1 priority from the start of the offseason is still not addressed.

Comment

So this gives Dallas what, 6 LB's on the field at one time when they're in the 3-4? :p
                  Originally posted by njx9
                  i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                    I guess that means no Reggie Nelson. It was a good signing. If Hamlin can stay healthy, he's a good player. Plus, with Wade's scheme, you need a ballhawk in the worst way. Hamlin gives them that.

Now Roy Williams has no more excuses. I view him as the most overrated player in football, if he doesn't produce this year, he should be benched like any other player on any other team would be.
                    Ehh I don't know BBD, I might give that honor the DeAngelo Hall.

Comment

Originally posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
                      So this gives Dallas what, 6 LB's on the field at one time when they're in the 3-4? :p
                      At least we should be able to stop the run better! HAHAHA!

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                        At least we should be able to stop the run better! HAHAHA!
                        ha, I sure hope so!
                        Originally posted by njx9
                        i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

Oh and it is only a 1 year deal, which means we could still draft Reggie Nelson.

Comment

Originally posted by TNewFan41 View Post
                            Oh and it is only a 1 year deal, which means we could still draft Reggie Nelson.
                            Don't count on it.

Comment

It's worth noting that San Diego never had good safties during Wade's tenure there either. Unless you really like Marlon McCree.

What they need is a pass rush. How good their pass rush is will dictate how much their safties inability to cover will get exploited.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                                Over/Under on how many Cowboy fans will tell us that this move will get them to the SB this year?
                                Oh about 91.6%, followed by how he is the next Kenny Easley.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information