No announcement yet.

Cowboys sign FS Ken Hamlin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1-year deal doesn't mean jack regarding the draft. They are NOT gonna take a safety with that 22nd pick by any means, and probably not a CB either. I wonder which direction Jones goes next month there, OT? WR?

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
      Over/Under on how many Cowboy fans will tell us that this move will get them to the SB this year?
      it will still be less than the number of times BBD calls roy williams overrated or preaches the virtues of BP ;)

and cowboys were going to the super bowl without him, this just soldifies them winning it :D

Comment

Good signing for the Cowboys, but we'll see just how good once they actually start to play. Dallas will be succeptible to the big play next year if you ask me. They will need to improve their pass rush a lot if they want to at least have a chance of limiting big passing plays.
        Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyz View Post
          it will still be less than the number of times BBD calls roy williams overrated or preaches the virtues of BP ;)

and cowboys were going to the super bowl without him, this just soldifies them winning it :D
          got me there

Comment

My money is that we take a WR, actually. Robert Meachum, to be exact.

Oh, and if there was any question, Jerry stated Hamlin will be a FS:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/multime...600533EB45290C

Right in the beginning of the Press Conference.

Comment

Ehhh, I don't know, Jerry says they could sign him to a long term deal after this year....

Comment

Originally posted by TNewFan41 View Post
                My money is that we take a WR, actually. Robert Meachum, to be exact.

Oh, and if there was any question, Jerry stated Hamlin will be a FS:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/multime...600533EB45290C

Right in the beginning of the Press Conference.
                I'm really excited about this signing! I just had a revelation! This is gonna be shhhhweeeet!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TNewFan41 View Post
                  Ehhh, I don't know, Jerry says they could sign him to a long term deal after this year....
                  I'm pretty sure, we'll lock him up before FA starts next year.

Comment

I don't really understand this signing for Dallas. They already have a hard hitting safety with coverage issues in Roy, so they sign another hard hitting safety with coverage issues in Hamlin? I think their pass defense is going to live and die with their pass rush like a few others have mentioned because those guys won't be able to cover anything.

Comment

Suprised they didn't go draft with safety but they must have felt that this was their best option.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by Stash View Post
                        I don't really understand this signing for Dallas. They already have a hard hitting safety with coverage issues in Roy, so they sign another hard hitting safety with coverage issues in Hamlin? I think their pass defense is going to live and die with their pass rush like a few others have mentioned because those guys won't be able to cover anything.
                        I think Hamlin's ability to deliver hits leaves impressions in people's minds that he can't cover. Seriously, I think that's true. He's not Ed Reed, but then again... there is only 1 Ed Reed. If you look around the league, there aren't many elite cover safeties. Hamlin is certainly one of the better FS's around and he's a young guy hitting his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                          Suprised they didn't go draft with safety but they must have felt that this was their best option.
                          I'll take Hamlin and the ability to draft something other than Safety over Michael Griffin. Reggie Nelson falling to 22 was becoming a hopeless wish.

Comment

The key to this move is the contract. Jerry Jones did not give up big money for Hamlin, which gives the team room to develop, or even start Watkins if need be. Either way, Hamlin provides a valuable veteran presence in the secondary. If he doesn't pan out, it's not a huge hit.

This should also rid us of any rumors of Anthony Henry moving to safety.

Comment

Nice financial move...$2.5 million, right?

I was courting the Giants to sign this kid since the day FA opened. I question him and Roy playing together but nonetheless, there is no long term committment here and I assume this will be a one year showcase for him to earn big bucks next year, which always brings the best out in players.
                              Originally posted by Paul
                              Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                              Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                              These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                              MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

He was probably the most sought after FA in the fantasy offseason.

That is correct comahan
                                I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                                <3 dg

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information