No announcement yet.

Cowboys sign FS Ken Hamlin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Cowboys #1 going into FA is still the #1 need. Unfortunately there were no available players at the position worth considering.

Nose Tackle.

We have to make a move up for Branch or move down and take Tyler.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      The Cowboys #1 going into FA is still the #1 need. Unfortunately there were no available players at the position worth considering.

Nose Tackle.

We have to make a move up for Branch or move down and take Tyler.
      I question Branch as a 3-4 NT. He'd be a beast at DE for you though.
      Originally posted by Paul
      Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
      Originally posted by Vikes99ej
      These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
      MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
        I question Branch as a 3-4 NT. He'd be a beast at DE for you though.
        A lot of people question it because of his height. What's he gonna do??? Get pushed back??? hahahahahaha! yeah... right!

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
          A lot of people question it because of his height. What's he gonna do??? Get pushed back??? hahahahahaha! yeah... right!
          That's how I feel about Branch, too. Generally, you don't want your nose to be to tall, cause they lose the leverage battle. However, Branch reminds me a lot of John Henderson in that, even though they're tall, they're simply too big and too powerful to get pushed around.

Comment

I was hoping he would sign with the Titans, but instead we signed Bran Scott....... :(

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
            XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
            Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
            http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
              It's intersting that he's been out there so long and that numerous teams chose supposedly inferior talent to him.

Hawks went with Deon Grant and Brian Ruseell over him.

Saints went with Kevin Kasehviaevaknarharn over him.

Anywho, I'm sure it won't hurt. I would guess at this point in the game the contract numbers are reasonable, but you never know.
              regardless of their decision who do you think the better safety is out of hamlin, and all those players?

maybe he wanted more then what those players did, who knows...but i know it enables us to grab a different position first rd to fill an impact position and im happy about it....either way, hamlin is a solid safety, a VERY big upgrade over watkins, in an area which was a big weakness for us...

and for all the haters, how many people honestly think nelson would be around by the time we actually pick? its alot of teams who need a safety before we do, and as soon as it gets to around pick #15 he's probably BPA at that point, so why are people acting like we chose him over nelson....its no chance he's there, ill almost go on record as to saying thats a sure thing

its a good move, i trust hamlin over watkins or any rookie safety that would bee available, it lets watkins be a backup and continue to learn, so we can go after another need first rd....

jus for the record, id love the aaron ross pick right there, boost the secondary as a whole, which was our main weakness....and grab an impact D lineman 2nd rd

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Our secondary wasn;t a weakness at all, it was our pass rush, and now with Wade Phillips, thats fixed. Henry is staying at CB, and when healthy he is one of the best #2's in the league. We shouldn't even think about a CB till round 3. NT is our only moderate need now. If we get a Nose Tackle of the future for when Fergy leaves, our team is pretty much great, and anything below the NFC Title game would be a dissapointment.

Oh and to those who don't think Hamlin can cover, stop be a hater just because he is a Cowboy now. He has atleast above average coverage skills, and is better than anything we had before, plus he was dirt cheap, so please tell me how this signing was not GREAT?

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information