Texans cut Domanick Willams (Davis), and David Carr

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moses View Post
    Wow, those are two huge cuts. The Texans are in complete rebuild mode.
    Were they ever built in the first place?
    Originally posted by njx9
    i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

Originally posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
      Carr and Davis were the planned "cornerstones" of that franchise. It obviously didn't work out.

Comment

That's what I was thinking. You have to build before you rebuild.

That is correct comahan
        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
        <3 dg

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2809870

Interesting, both could could be solid pickups. Anybody know what shape Williams is in now with his knee?
          I would have 0 interest in Davis, but Carr on the other hand...

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
            I would have 0 interest in Davis, but Carr on the other hand...
            I'd be all for bringing in Carr and then trading Rodgers for Moss. :D
            Originally posted by njx9
            i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

I'd be all for bringing in Carr and then trading Rodgers for Moss. :D
              Exactly what I was indicating. I'm not big on trading Rodgers, but if we were able to pick up Carr I'd be fine. I still think Carr could be good, but he needed to get out of Houston. Then we would get Moss and still have a QB to take over when God leaves.

Comment

Wow this time last year the Texans were formulating the excuses that they didn't need Reggie Bush nor Vince Young because of these guys and now they release them.....

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Packers must sign williams!!

Comment

i would not mind taking williams if he is healty

thou im hearing its not good on his health not sure if that true

Comment

Another dumb move. Suprise! Suprise!

Comment

Everyone saw the Williams thing months ago. That is not news even though the actual release is news I guess. He won't play this year probably and likely won't get signed until next offseason.

Carr I HOPE goes to Oakland which I hope leads to a Moss trade and the raiders taking Calvin Johnson so Cleveland actually gets a franchise QB in the house instead of Charlie Frye or David Carr running the show

Comment

Williams' career is done. Carr has a future as a Joey Harrington-like back-up.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                            Another dumb move. Suprise! Suprise!
                            Yeah this is frustrating. I want Houston to do well. Texas needs two dominant teams. I want to have that rivalry. I want Texas to dominate the AFC and the NFC. It pisses me off that they are running that franchise so badly.

Comment

So cutting some of Casserly, Capers', damaged goods, is running a franchise "badly." I don't see how that is. Williams cannot play anymore, they signed Green to be the starting RB. Carr was replaced by Schaub, and I believe is a big upgrade.
                              Last edited by Shiver; 03-23-2007, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                                So cutting some of Casserly, Capers', damaged goods, is running a franchise "badly." I don't see how that is. Williams cannot play anymore, they signed Green to replace him. Carr was replaced by Schaub.
                                Fixing your mistakes is fine, don't get me wrong. However, I still have issue with the fact they they didn't "need" Bush or Young, then they go out and cut the guys they touted as the future at those positions and get a couple of wild cards in Schaub and Green. Yay Mario Williams?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information