Texans cut Domanick Willams (Davis), and David Carr

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texans cut Domanick Willams (Davis), and David Carr

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that the Texans have cut Carr and Davis (who is now known as Domanick Williams).
    Domanick Williams was such a promising player, whose career was derailed by injuries.

As for Carr, I guess no one wanted to trade a day-2 pick for him.

Thank goodness we aren't trading for Carr.

That is correct comahan
    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
    <3 dg

Comment

hard to stay healthy when youre getting tackled before the hand off can even take place.

The year they get a decent oline, he goes on IR. That sucks.

Comment

Sad for Williams. He was incredibly productive behind a suspect OLine and 8 men in the box to stop him. That knee injury just completely killed him. It's too bad.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

I would certainly welcome him to the Dolphins, I'm kind of worried though that maybe the Texans released him because a Trent Green deal is done and they couldn't work anything out with the Dolphins.

Comment

I expect Carr to sign with someone soon. I think either the Dolphins, Browns, Raiders, or Vikings might take a flyer on him.

And I really liked Davis. He showed a lot of potential but just couldn't stay healthy.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
            WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
              Domanick Williams was such a promising player, whose career was derailed by injuries.

As for Carr, I guess no one wanted to trade a day-2 pick for him.

I'm sure Carr is worth a day two pick, it was his contract that probably lead to his release. Of course no team is going to swallow a 6 million or so cap figure for a guy that probably won't be a starter.
              aka KGB Chicken

Comment

2 guys that no more than 2 years ago, everyone thought would be solid pros now.

Thanks to Bosanac01 for the sig.

Comment

Too bad about Domanick he was from outside my hometown and one of my favorite former LSU Tigers. I'm glad he was able to get paid before he got hurt.

Comment

It's called cleaning house. Bravo!

Comment

I think both guys will be picked up. With Williams, it'll depend on how things look health wise, so it may not be until much later.

I still think Carr and the Vikings are a good fit. Of course, the Raiders may step in now that they don't have to offer anything up. That being said, I don't believe that signing Carr will significantly impact their drafting plans.

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2809870

Interesting, both could could be solid pickups. Anybody know what shape Williams is in now with his knee?
                        Originally posted by njx9
                        i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

Wow, those are two huge cuts. The Texans are in complete rebuild mode.

Comment

The reason Texans released Carr and DW is that both of these players meant great deal to the Texans Organization and to Mr. Bob McNair personally. Rather then trading them for the picks, Texans simply cut him so both of these players can sign with a team of their choice.

Read the Houston Chronicle and see what Mr. McNair had to say about Carr. This shows class on the part of the Texans and it gives both of these players to sign with the team of their choices.

From business perspective, it doesn't show very well acumen but Texans decided to take the financially hit and move on. This is about as close as they will ever come to admitting they made a mistake in giving extension to Carr last year and they should have selected VY last year.

This decision was not Rick Smith to make as this decision was made by the owner of the Texans Mr. McNair himself. Carr had asked to be released, if Texans didn't have plans for him and his wish was granted by McNair.

Class all the way ............. Now we will see Carr with some team in the back up role.
                            Last edited by Grid; 03-23-2007, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Panthers should pick up Domanick, that way between him and DeShaun they'll have 1 RB for a whole season to split carries with DeAngelo

Now if the Texans would just cut their MLB...

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information