Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael Turner to the Packers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by lod01 View Post
    Not for a 1st and a 3rd. That's ridiculous for Turner. If SD changes their demands, maybe.
    That isn't there demands, it is just the RFA tender. What the Packers are offering was never mentioned in that post. I could see them swapping 1st rounders or GB sending over their 2nd. Turner is better than all the 2nd round backs and not much older.

    That is correct comahan
    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
    <3 dg

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
      In AJ's first offseason press conference, he wasn't committed to saying Turner will be a Charger in 07 and mentioned all the different ways they could go with him. If it was for #16 and a third, with Turner and #30 to GB, that puts the Chargers in range for Reggie Nelson and all the players in the mix for the #2 WR, be that Meachem, Bowe or Ginn. The Chargers would also have a second and a three thirds. It seems like more draft picks than the team really needs, so the team can move up higher in the second round, or perhaps back into the first, to get whoever they covet (say it was Nelson in the first, it could be Hill in the 2nd, or if it was Ginn in the first, it could be Merriweather or Weddle in the 2nd). Sounds good to me, but I still think AJ would lean more towards keeping Turner than trading him at this moment.
      Nobody is going to make that trade.


      Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
        Nobody is going to make that trade.
        What is Turner worth then? If his value is much less, it's not worth the Chargers time.
        aka KGB Chicken

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
          What is Turner worth then? If his value is much less, it's not worth the Chargers time.
          He has one more year on the team. You're asking for the value of a 1st round pick for a backup runningback that you're going to have for one more year.

          Granted the Falcons fleeced the Texans but there are a few differences.

          1)The Packers (unfortunately) aren't that stupid.
          2)Teams take chances on QB's all the time. Runningbacks aren't worth nearly as much.
          3)While Turner is a hot name, I would argue that the buzz around Schaub was even higher (albeit unjustifiably)


          Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

          Comment


          • #20
            Is the situation similar to the Schaub (minus the positional different between the two). I'm guessing Turner's value is less.
            my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
            <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
            <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
            <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
            Originally posted by Hermstheman83
            What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

            Comment


            • #21
              no no no no no nooooo please no

              by BoneKrusher
              <DG> how metal unseen
              <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                He has one more year on the team. You're asking for the value of a 1st round pick for a backup runningback that you're going to have for one more year.

                Granted the Falcons fleeced the Texans but there are a few differences.

                1)The Packers (unfortunately) aren't that stupid.
                2)Teams take chances on QB's all the time. Runningbacks aren't worth nearly as much.
                3)While Turner is a hot name, I would argue that the buzz around Schaub was even higher (albeit unjustifiably)

                According to the value chart, a trade down in the first, and an extra third, has the value of a high second. I could, hypothetically, see a team doing this to obtain Turner's rights to lock him up long term, rather than compete with a myriad of teams next year in a bidding war. Besides, Green Bay needs a strong runner this year, not next year. This year's draft doesn't look very strong for second round backs, if that's what GB is targeting.
                aka KGB Chicken

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                  Is the situation similar to the Schaub (minus the positional different between the two). I'm guessing Turner's value is less.
                  That would be valid.


                  Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Nobody's gonna give you anything more than a round 2 pick for a RB that will be a FA in a year anyway. Nobody is that dumb. You'll be lucky to even get a 3rd for him. Shaun Alexander didn't go for a 2nd, what makes you think Turner will with only 1 year left on his contract? Not happening.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I dont wanna see him on such a boring team like green bay.. i'd rather see him on a team like Tennessee or sumn but i guess noone else needs an RB


                      ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

                      XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
                        According to the value chart, a trade down in the first, and an extra third, has the value of a high second. I could, hypothetically, see a team doing this to obtain Turner's rights to lock him up long term, rather than compete with a myriad of teams next year in a bidding war. Besides, Green Bay needs a strong runner this year, not next year. This year's draft doesn't look very strong for second round backs, if that's what GB is targeting.
                        I dunno what chart you're using but I have a late 1st.

                        Either way, runningbacks are not like quarterbacks. Nobody is that concerned with "locking up his rights" when you can just sign somebody else or draft another guy in the 3rd or 4th round that could likely get you the same type of production.

                        GM's regard most runningbacks like they do washcloths nowadays.

                        I realize that you're a Chargers fan and you want to get as much as you can, I just don't see it happening.

                        I would say a mid 2nd is possible (or the swapping of the two 1sts). Anything more than that is stupid. But...it only takes one stupid GM (see Houston) so you are correct in saying that it potentially could happen.


                        Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                          Nobody's gonna give you anything more than a round 2 pick for a RB that will be a FA in a year anyway. Nobody is that dumb. You'll be lucky to even get a 3rd for him. Shaun Alexander didn't go for a 2nd, what makes you think Turner will with only 1 year left on his contract? Not happening.
                          It's sort of a take it or leave it situation. AJ isn't surrendering Turner for peanuts, otherwise he wouldn't have tendered him for a 1st and a 3rd.
                          aka KGB Chicken

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
                            It's sort of a take it or leave it situation. AJ isn't surrendering Turner for peanuts, otherwise he wouldn't have tendered him for a 1st and a 3rd.
                            I know, but I think if someone offered him a late 2nd on draft day, he'd be hard pressed to refuse it. He knows he can't afford to resign Turner at the end of the year, so he might as well get something out of it rather than nothing.

                            He could technically in turn use that pick to get a Kenny Irons type of RB and not miss a beat.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                              I know, but I think if someone offered him a late 2nd on draft day, he'd be hard pressed to refuse it. He knows he can't afford to resign Turner at the end of the year, so he might as well get something out of it rather than nothing.

                              He could technically in turn use that pick to get a Kenny Irons type of RB and not miss a beat.
                              Yeah, it's better to get something than to just see him walk


                              Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                There's been some talk that the Chargers have lowered their asking price to a 2nd rounder (a swapping of 1st rounder, like guru suggested, would also be possible I'm betting). If this is the case, I think Green Bay needs to make the deal.

                                Unless they deal up, something I don't believe Thompson has ever done in the 1st round, they probably aren't going to land either Lynch or Peterson. This leaves them with a massive hole at runningback, and Turner would probably be a solid fit in Green Bay.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information