Michael Turner to the Packers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
    I dunno what chart you're using but I have a late 1st.

Either way, runningbacks are not like quarterbacks. Nobody is that concerned with "locking up his rights" when you can just sign somebody else or draft another guy in the 3rd or 4th round that could likely get you the same type of production.

GM's regard most runningbacks like they do washcloths nowadays.

I realize that you're a Chargers fan and you want to get as much as you can, I just don't see it happening.

I would say a mid 2nd is possible (or the swapping of the two 1sts). Anything more than that is stupid. But...it only takes one stupid GM (see Houston) so you are correct in saying that it potentially could happen.

It should all be the same chart -

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft0...ory?id=2410670

The difference in #16 and #30, plus #80, is 570, which puts you right between the #33 and #34 picks in the second round. If it's just a swap of thirds like some have said, that puts the value further down in the second round. So you can decide for yourself if Turner is worth a 2nd.

It's not too bad a deal for the Packers, considering they still have a first, a second, and just filled their RB need. In this draft, I think Turner is worth it; color me biased, but I think Turner at 5'10'', 235 pounds with speed and a guady career YPC is better than Michael Bush, Kenny Irons, Brandon Jackson, Antonio Pittman or whoever else.
    aka KGB Chicken

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
      There's been some talk that the Chargers have lowered their asking price to a 2nd rounder (a swapping of 1st rounder, like guru suggested, would also be possible I'm betting). If this is the case, I think Green Bay needs to make the deal.

Unless they deal up, something I don't believe Thompson has ever done in the 1st round, they probably aren't going to land either Lynch or Peterson. This leaves them with a massive hole at runningback, and Turner would probably be a solid fit in Green Bay.
      That would be their best option

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

id swap 1st's and give a 3rd for him

Comment

Originally posted by gbpackers0065 View Post
          id swap 1st's and give a 3rd for him
          But if you look at the trade value chart swapping 1st should be enough

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
            But if you look at the trade value chart swapping 1st should be enough
            i think AJ Smith will be reluctant to deal for that

Comment

Originally posted by gbpackers0065 View Post
              i think AJ Smith will be reluctant to deal for that
              Well then next offseason he can watch Turner walk away for nothing

Comment

I'd take Turner over all the backs this year other than Peterson and Lynch. I don't see the switch 1st and give up a 3rd as realistic because his value is more of a mid second. The best I can see them getting is switching 1st and 3rd with someone.

That is correct comahan
                I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                  Where do you get anywhere from there that they would give their first for him?

Don't get me wrong, as a Bears fan I would **** my pants if the Packers were stupid enough to give up a 1st for Turner, but I think that's wishful thinking.
                  You would regret that **** my friend. Turner is a beast, I think any team would hate to see him enter their division. I guarantee that if Turner is a starter this coming year, he has a bigger impact than any rookie RB other than maybe AD.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                    There's been some talk that the Chargers have lowered their asking price to a 2nd rounder (a swapping of 1st rounder, like guru suggested, would also be possible I'm betting). If this is the case, I think Green Bay needs to make the deal.
                    This was also mentioned on Sirius Thursday. They said the rumor was that the Chargers would accept a 2nd rounder.

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                      I'd take Turner over all the backs this year other than Peterson and Lynch. I don't see the switch 1st and give up a 3rd as realistic because his value is more of a mid second. The best I can see them getting is switching 1st and 3rd with someone.
                      I agree that Turner is better than everyone in this draft except for the top 2

Comment

wait didn't san diego say they wanted at least a first for him, cuz he's probably worth that

Comment

Pretty cool, I think Michael Turner is a very talented player.

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
                            wait didn't san diego say they wanted at least a first for him, cuz he's probably worth that
                            He's not worth a 1st! Plus nobody would give up a 1st, they would rather wait and see if he makes it to free agency next year

Comment

Michael Turner = Lamont Jordan

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

I'm just saying because all I saw was big runs, probably because I'm on the east coast, but I think he has potential, and Lamont Jordan is absolutely terrible, there is no way he's that bad

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information