No announcement yet.

Talent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about a guy like Thomas Jones who didn't come on until later in his career? I really don't think there is a set time to see if a guy is a bust or a waste of talent.

That is correct comahan
    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
    <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
      What about a guy like Thomas Jones who didn't come on until later in his career? I really don't think there is a set time to see if a guy is a bust or a waste of talent.
      I would say, that when a player has some untapped talent, that the right situation would/will/ and has brought it out in many cases. Also works vice versa

Originally posted by BeansDooma
      who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

I think there is a difference between a draft bust and a waste of talent a draft bust doesn't have what it takes to play in the NFL a waste of talent is a guy that has the talent but not the heart or want to.

Well that is my take disagree if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Schenkel23 View Post
          If you mean a bust, I ususally wait three years. But you can tell when a guy is wasting his talent after one year in a case like Randy Moss.
          Randy Moss thinks the opposite is true, that Oakland's offense is so awful that it doesn't allow him to show off his talent and his talent is wasted in Oakland.
          "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

Originally posted by ks_perfection View Post
            Randy Moss thinks the opposite is true, that Oakland's offense is so awful that it doesn't allow him to show off his talent and his talent is wasted in Oakland.
            There is no doubt in my mind that playing in Oakland really hurt Moss' numbers. It's hard to produce on an offense that horrendous.

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
              I would say within 3 years you know whether he'll get there or not
              Exactly. And you have first hand experience of that with Ahmad Carroll. He played in Green Bay for 3 years and sucked badly. All he did was commit penalties.

Comment

Originally posted by MP123 View Post
                Exactly. And you have first hand experience of that with Ahmad Carroll. He played in Green Bay for 3 years and sucked badly. All he did was commit penalties.
                Poor Carroll. Such a great athlete but he just couldn't grasp the mental part of the game.

Comment

Talent can be wasted in so many ways. Roy Williams (WR) is a waste of talent, because the Lions are so bad year in and year out. Maurice Clarett is a waste of talent because he's a freakin criminal. Mike Vick (arguably) is a waste of talent because he's not used properly. Brodie Croyle is a waste of talent because he'll never be able to stay healthy. Jordan Palmer is a waste of talent because he'll never be able to make the right decisions on the field.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Talent is like growth spurts, you don't know when they will come but sooner or later they do. When referring to draft busts such as Charles Rodgers or Ryan Leaf, they seemed to have reached the peak of their talent in college. Whereas Rich Gannon and Trent Green reached the peak of their talent later in their careers. Its like the kid who shoots up at the age of 12 and never gets taller as opposed to the kid who keeps growing until he's 19.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                      Talent is like growth spurts, you don't know when they will come but sooner or later they do. When referring to draft busts such as Charles Rodgers or Ryan Leaf, they seemed to have reached the peak of their talent in college. Whereas Rich Gannon and Trent Green reached the peak of their talent later in their careers. Its like the kid who shoots up at the age of 12 and never gets taller as opposed to the kid who keeps growing until he's 19.
                      Charles Rogers was not a bust due to his talent. He was riddled with injuries and off-field problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
                        Charles Rogers was not a bust due to his talent. He was riddled with injuries and off-field problems.
                        Injuries I will accept but off the field problems are his own dumbass fault and can't be used as an excuse!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                        On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                        Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                          Injuries I will accept but off the field problems are his own dumbass fault and can't be used as an excuse!
                          I'm not saying that it's not his fault. I'm saying that on the field, Johnson was a great talent. He was not a bust like Leaf who couldn't perform on the field. Johnson looked like a superstar in the making but he was constantly injured and then to add to that frustration he made many dumb decisions off of the field.

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information