Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacman - 1 year suspension?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

Two sources confirmed a report by Sports Illustrated that Goodell is also expected to ban Tennessee cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones for a minimum of one year. Even more, Goodell and the league are expected to get the full support of the NFL Players Association, making it difficult for individual players such as Jones to stop such penalties short of a lengthy court battle.

1 year is too long for not having been convicted of anything. I mean, yes Pac-man's antics are more than old, and need to come to an end. 1 year is like a serious steriod suspension though, not misconduct. He has really upped his game of late as well. Too bad if its true. I think it makes more sense to put him in a no more chances, no slack, shape up or ship out situation, and let him sit in it. Sitting a year will give him more time to go do these crazy things anyway-

Comment

Wow. That's a serious punishment. Maybe they're trying to make an example out of him.

Comment

Good to hear. They really need to make an example of him to keep his type of additude and behavior out of the league.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
        they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
        Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Well that is a serious suspension and there is good and bad that come with it. On the negative side, he is being made an example of and its too bad he wont be on the field for a year especially considering he hasnt been convicted of anything. On the plus side, they are making an example of him and hopefully it will help keep players all around the league out of trouble if the NFL shows theyre not playing. Its true I am getting VERY tired of hearing headlines about players with DUI and possession and assault and whatnot. Its cool if you wanna drink or party or whatever and in my opinion, there is nothing wrong with smokin a little reefer, but players need to think about when and where they do what the do. If youre gonna go party, dont make a spectacle of yourself, understand that youre a target, have a ride ready for you if you want to drink, dont keep the weed on you. You got too much at stake to be taking chances like that.

Comment

I agree thizz, one year is pretty harsh for not being convicted of anything

8 games is what im expecting...haynesworth got 5 games for stomping a players face twice on camera. why should pac get more than that when he has never beeen convicted of of a crime, yeah he is an idiot, but he has never actually been guilty of anything...yet
            Sig by PitBull

All-hail Bulluck

Comment

this guy makes the NFL look bad, he should be kicked out of the league for good. i dont want my kids hearing about a guy like this when they want to learn about sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Titans10 View Post
                I agree thizz, one year is pretty harsh for not being convicted of anything

8 games is what im expecting...haynesworth got 5 games for stomping a players face twice on camera. why should pac get more than that when he has never beeen convicted of of a crime, yeah he is an idiot, but he has never actually been guilty of anything...yet
                yeah, what Haynesworth did is by far worse than anything Pac-Man as done, especially as it concerns the NFL.

this guy makes the NFL look bad, he should be kicked out of the league for good. i dont want my kids hearing about a guy like this when they want to learn about sports.
                that is just ridiculous. we cant kick people out of the league because theyre not a role model. besides, the fact that we talk about football and people immediately talk about Pac-Man is the medias fault, theres no way this kind of news should get this much publicity.

Comment

He might have made some poor choices in the past, but is a 1 year suspension really what he deserves?

Comment

Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
                    He might have made some poor choices in the past, but is a 1 year suspension really what he deserves?
                    IMO, yes!
                    So what if he hasn't been convicted?

What kind of deterent would Goodell and the NPA be sending out, "you can act like an idiot/thug, as long as you don't get caught or convicted", not much of an example for young players coming into the lge?

Someone needs to be made an example off, why not Pacman?

My only concern is that the "NFL" needs to be consistent with the punishment, whats the name of that young idiot WR from the Bengals? slap him with the "big stick" at the same time.

Comment

So is Tank Johnson just gonna be given a bye?

This is a joke. Shows the NFL has its favorites..

Comment

he deserves it. he has done too much to taint the image of the nfl as a whole

Comment

Originally posted by OhioState View Post
                          he deserves it. he has done too much to taint the image of the nfl as a whole
                          And Tank Johnson, Jamal Lewis (both convicted and one currently in jail) haven't tainted the NFL's image at all.....

Funny how the commish will choose a team based in Tennesse to do something like this. He will leave the Chicago team alone......I wonder which has the bigger market...hmm...

Comment

Like Greg Anthony said on Cold Pizza he's been questioned for alot of different instances but what has he been convicted of???? The NFL should wait until he faces legal consequences before they dish out their penalty.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                              Like Greg Anthony said on Cold Pizza he's been questioned for alot of different instances but what has he been convicted of???? The NFL should wait until he faces legal consequences before they dish out their penalty.
                              Agreed.

I'd give him something on the lines of 8-10 if he gets convicted of anything.

by BoneKrusher
                              <DG> how metal unseen
                              <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information