Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

spring owners meeting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
    That's what they taught me last year for football xD

    If you get beat deep, just trip them cause it's only a 15 yard penalty :)
    If you were beat though how would you be in position to trip the receiver?

    unless you mean when you realized they were in a better position to catch the ball.

    also what is the exact date the owners meeting starts, don't think they said in that article?

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
      I hate college overtime. It isn't real football. It's a scrimmage where field position doesn't even matter.
      college overtime is better than the NFL overtime, just because it gives both teams a chance. But in the NFL, they should at least kick it off.


      Originally posted by mythbusta
      i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
      who dey?

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Bengals1690 View Post
        college overtime is better than the NFL overtime, just because it gives both teams a chance. But in the NFL, they should at least kick it off.
        Meh...agree to disagree then. I just feel that if my team wasn't able to stop the opposing team when it really mattered, then they didn't deserve to win the game in the first place. That doesn't even take into account all the opportunities my team probably had during regulation to avoid overtime in the first place.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
          Meh...agree to disagree then. I just feel that if my team wasn't able to stop the opposing team when it really mattered, then they didn't deserve to win the game in the first place. That doesn't even take into account all the opportunities my team probably had during regulation to avoid overtime in the first place.
          The problem is that it isn't fair to say one team has to stop the other, without ever finding out whether the other team could make a stop. If your team deserves to lose because they couldn't make a stop, then so does your opponent. This is especially a problem in those 31-31 games where both offenses have been moving the ball at will all day. It's also pretty weak that the team only needs to get to the 35 yard line and kick a FG. Overtime is usually anti-climactic in the NFL. I'm not in favor of adopting the college format, but I think both teams should have to kick the ball off at least once. It would level the playing field, and make things much more interesting. The fact that the team to win the toss ends up winning the game 62% of the time is more than enough of a reason to change the format.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by duckseason View Post
            The problem is that it isn't fair to say one team has to stop the other, without ever finding out whether the other team could make a stop. If your team deserves to lose because they couldn't make a stop, then so does your opponent. This is especially a problem in those 31-31 games where both offenses have been moving the ball at will all day. It's also pretty weak that the team only needs to get to the 35 yard line and kick a FG. Overtime is usually anti-climactic in the NFL. I'm not in favor of adopting the college format, but I think both teams should have to kick the ball off at least once. It would level the playing field, and make things much more interesting. The fact that the team to win the toss ends up winning the game 62% of the time is more than enough of a reason to change the format.
            maybe they should keep OT the way it is but disallow field goals. First team to score a TD wins. Atleast that way they have to mount a real drive.
            Originally posted by njx9
            i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
              maybe they should keep OT the way it is but disallow field goals. First team to score a TD wins. Atleast that way they have to mount a real drive.
              I think that's a good compromise. I would actually be in favor of that.

              Comment


              • #22
                Aren't they trying to make it so Spiking the Ball is a penalty?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
                  You've got a valid point, but I think any intentional fouls would most likely be called as spot fouls. Regardless, either way there are gonna be messed up calls. I just think if there's a choice of 15 yards or spot it could minimalize the refs having an impact on the outcome of the game. I could be completely wrong though...
                  Thats right, Its just about minimizing the impact of referees in the outcome of the game. I dont think it will pass, The leaggue will just tell them to stick with the patriot act.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                    Aren't they trying to make it so Spiking the Ball is a penalty?
                    Spiking it not in the end zone, which is still dumb to get rid of.

                    That is correct comahan
                    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                    <3 dg

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by duckseason View Post
                      I think that's a good compromise. I would actually be in favor of that.
                      I think that is a really good rule. There goes early turnovers turned into FG's.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                        I love the pass interference changes that the 49ers are proposing.
                        I'm not, you can stop a touchdown and get a 15 yard penalty instead of a 40-60 yard spot penalty... not getting a 6 point penalty because you got burned and abused the rule already is enough.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                          I'm not, you can stop a touchdown and get a 15 yard penalty instead of a 40-60 yard spot penalty... not getting a 6 point penalty because you got burned and abused the rule already is enough.
                          I didn't see the specifics of the rule they are trying to get, but isn't it 15 yards or something for incidental contact and it would still be a spot foul for normal contact?

                          That is correct comahan
                          I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                          <3 dg

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                            I didn't see the specifics of the rule they are trying to get, but isn't it 15 yards or something for incidental contact and it would still be a spot foul for normal contact?
                            yea, it's at the ref's discretion which one it is.
                            Originally posted by njx9
                            i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Star Wideout View Post
                              also what is the exact date the owners meeting starts, don't think they said in that article?
                              today through Wednesday
                              Originally posted by njx9
                              i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by duckseason View Post
                                The problem is that it isn't fair to say one team has to stop the other, without ever finding out whether the other team could make a stop. If your team deserves to lose because they couldn't make a stop, then so does your opponent. This is especially a problem in those 31-31 games where both offenses have been moving the ball at will all day. It's also pretty weak that the team only needs to get to the 35 yard line and kick a FG. Overtime is usually anti-climactic in the NFL. I'm not in favor of adopting the college format, but I think both teams should have to kick the ball off at least once. It would level the playing field, and make things much more interesting. The fact that the team to win the toss ends up winning the game 62% of the time is more than enough of a reason to change the format.
                                There was an experiment in NFL Europe a few years back where overtime was as per NFL rules, except that both teams had to have at least one possession in overtime - if the team that got the ball first scored, the other team at least got a chance to respond (and maybe win the game if the first team only kicked a field goal).

                                Martin

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information