Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spring owners meeting

Thought this was kind of an interesting idea that they'll be discussing:

Owners will consider a proposal that would allow one defensive player designated by the team to have a radio communication device inside his helmet. The device would permit the defensive coordinator to communicate with a key player in his huddle, in much the same manner coaches now communicate with the quarterback.
    Possible changes to overtime could be interesting also.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...t&lid=tab4pos1
    Originally posted by njx9
    i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

I love the pass interference changes that the 49ers are proposing.

Comment

It appears the league will alter the manner in which teams report injuries during the week. The standard designations with which everyone has become familiar -- "out," "questionable" or "doubtful" -- would be used only on Friday, not beginning on Wednesday each week. Until Friday, teams would identify if a player practiced during the week, and to what extent.
      I'm liking that idea.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
        I love the pass interference changes that the 49ers are proposing.
        yea I do too. I've seen way too many good games get blown because of teams purposely just trying to get interference calls or refs making bad calls.
        i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

Originally posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
          yea I do too. I've seen way too many good games get blown because of teams purposely just trying to get interference calls or refs making bad calls.
          but then the refs will make bad judgement calls, and people will still blame them. IMO, there are only 2 things that need to be changed: Roughing the Passer calls, and a better overtime thing.

Originally posted by mythbusta
          i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
          who dey?

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals1690 View Post
            but then the refs will make bad judgement calls, and people will still blame them. IMO, there are only 2 things that need to be changed: Roughing the Passer calls, and a better overtime thing.
            They already make bad judgement calls. The problem now is that if they make one it's all or nothing. If a team throws a bomb and there's some incidental contact and a ref calls it it could end up penalizing a team 60+ yards and possibly costing them the game. If the ref makes that call with the proposed change he could decide it was only a 15 yard interference penalty, instead of a spot penalty.

Comment

Better overtime and roughing the passer would be my top priorities. The pass interfierence would take a second to that. All are very important needless to say (though I wouldn't suspect a change in the overtime rules this year).

BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
                They already make bad judgement calls. The problem now is that if they make one it's all or nothing. If a team throws a bomb and there's some incidental contact and a ref calls it it could end up penalizing a team 60+ yards and possibly costing them the game. If the ref makes that call with the proposed change he could decide it was only a 15 yard interference penalty, instead of a spot penalty.
                i understand that, but if a team is throwing a long pass (over 15), the DB could intentioanlly (sp?) foul to save a big pickup. Pass interference is a hard foul to call. IDK there are good spots in both ways.

Originally posted by mythbusta
                i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
                who dey?

Comment

The college overtime system is the best. In the NFL they could start from the 35 instead of the 25 and do the same system. The current Sudden Death system is terrible.

Comment

i understand that, but if a team is throwing a long pass (over 15), the DB could intentioanlly (sp?) foul to save a big pickup. Pass interference is a hard foul to call. IDK there are good spots in both ways.
                    You've got a valid point, but I think any intentional fouls would most likely be called as spot fouls. Regardless, either way there are gonna be messed up calls. I just think if there's a choice of 15 yards or spot it could minimalize the refs having an impact on the outcome of the game. I could be completely wrong though...

Comment

So have they gotten around to discussing whether or not they'll institute the new rule where all QB's must wear a protective bubble lined with razor wire?

Comment

That's what they taught me last year for football xD

If you get beat deep, just trip them cause it's only a 15 yard penalty :)

Comment

and most the time when you trip em it looks as if your feet just got tangled and they dont call anything :)

Comment

I like that idea, give it to the MLB or Safety

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by myinnerself View Post
                              The college overtime system is the best. In the NFL they could start from the 35 instead of the 25 and do the same system. The current Sudden Death system is terrible.
                              I hate college overtime. It isn't real football. It's a scrimmage where field position doesn't even matter.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information