No announcement yet.

All underrated Team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alex Smith. His offense averaged 24 points per game this season its not his fault that his defense cant help him out

Steven Jackson. Was 5th in the league in rushing and 1st amoung Runningbacks in reciving and still doesnt get mentioned with elite running backs as much as he should.

Justin Griffith. Theres a reason that atlanta has lead the leauge in rushing 3 seasons in a row. Sure Michael Vicks rushing helped but someone is blocking for the running backs well

Lee Evans. If he didnt play for an underachiving team he would've made the probowl

Terrell Owens. Leading the league in TD catches has got to count for something

Kellen Winslow. He lead all Tight ends in catches, rarely gets mentioned when talking about elite Tight ends

Chad Clifton. Helped Brett Favre get sacked only 21 times despite him starting every game

Jason Brown. Protected Steve McNair's back side and helped allow him get sacked only 14 times through out the whole season

Nick Mangold. Probly one of the top centers in the afc last year

Jake Scott. Protected Peyton Manning's front side and helped allow him get sacked only 14 times

Maurice Williams. Helped block for the 3rd ranked rushing attack

Derrick Burgess. Lead his (underated) 3rd ranked defense in sacks

Tommy Kelly. Lead all DT's in solo tackles.

Vonnie Holliday. 3rd in the leauge in Combined tackles amoung DT's

Justin Smith. 3rd in the league for all defensive linemen in total tackles

Ernie Sims. 4th in tackles amoung OLBers. A tackling machine, especially for a rookie

DeMeco Ryans. Lead the league in solo tackles, no pro bowl and hes a rookie?

Sean Phillips. Tied for 2nd in sacks among linebackers and would have been a probowler had he been in the nfc

Anthony Henry. Tied for 2nd in batted passes while racking up 81 tackles. would've been a probowler had he had more interceptions

Nnamdi Asomugha. A big part of the 1st ranked pass defense

Chris Hope. Lead all DBs in tackles and didnt make the probowl.

Kerry Rhodes. Tied for 1st in DB sacks.

Steven Gostkowski

Ryan Plackemeier

sig by CalBears99
    Originally posted by yodachu
    I HAVE ISSUES! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by The Fat Kid View Post
      DeMeco Ryans. Lead the league in solo tackles, no pro bowl and hes a rookie?
      Jonathan Vilma lead the entire NFL in Solo Tackles as well as Total Tackles his rookie year and LITERALLY WASN'T EVEN ON THE PRO BOWL BALLET!!!!
      Last edited by Non_Sequitur; 03-25-2007, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Center Jeff Saturday is most definitely underrated. He made the pro-bowl this past season, but definitely should have been the past few years.
        Colt 4 life

Comment

underrated bengals:
          Madieu Williams
          Jeremi Johnson
          Chris Henry
          Domata Peko
          Justin Smith
          Robert Geathers

^A Bonekrusher production^
          Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
            underrated bengals:
            Madieu Williams
            Jeremi Johnson
            Chris Henry
            Domata Peko
            Justin Smith
            Robert Geathers

I don't see how Justin Smith or Chris Henry are underrated...

Comment

Center=Tom Nalen

No brainer

Comment

Chris Snee. Might be the second best guard in the NFC and get no love in the pro bowl voting.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                  Chris Snee. Might be the second best guard in the NFC and get no love in the pro bowl voting.
                  I voted for him. :)

Comment

Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
                    underrated bengals:
                    Madieu Williams
                    Jeremi Johnson
                    Chris Henry
                    Domata Peko
                    Justin Smith
                    Robert Geathers
                    I agree with you on Madieu and Jeremi But Chris is very respected and Justin Is good but for the price we got him at is way overated 3rd overall pick and now he is our franchise player common now. I love Peko but I am still skepticall about Geathers on weather he can play all 3 downs.
                    we will be back in 15 years.

Comment

Originally posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
                      noone else think Kyle Van dan bosch(or however the hell you spell his name) is underated?
                      I think he is - there was a site that made this chart with stats in less obvious categories such as hurries and QB knockdowns etc and tallied the points and he was in the top 6 or so league wide I think overall. Obviously not a end all method of comparing DE's but a sound one I think.

Although I think there are a lot of underrated DE's, particularly the bigger guys who make a huge impact on gameday but not so much on the stat sheet.

As far as the Titans go, I think Chris Hope and Michael Roos are our most underrated. Roos is a stud LT and Hope was the Titans defensive MVP last year. Bulluck I think is generally regarded fairly - not elite but very good.

Comment

Originally posted by OzTitan View Post
                        Bulluck I think is generally regarded fairly - not elite but very good.
                        I think I should have stated what I said better, but what you said is basically what I was trying to get at. I think he is overrated in the sense that everyone says he underrated. Some think he's the best OLB, I think I could have agreed with that a couple years ago, but I don't think his play the past 2 years warrants being labeled as that. I'll buy him as a fringe top 5 OLB, though. He's very good at what he does...he's a pursuit LB that can cover, but I don't think he plays the run well enough to justify being called "elite"

Comment

Originally posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
                          I think I should have stated what I said better, but what you said is basically what I was trying to get at. I think he is overrated in the sense that everyone says he underrated. Some think he's the best OLB, I think I could have agreed with that a couple years ago, but I don't think his play the past 2 years warrants being labeled as that. I'll buy him as a fringe top 5 OLB, though. He's very good at what he does...he's a pursuit LB that can cover, but I don't think he plays the run well enough to justify being called "elite"
                          I agree with you completely. In the Jaguars and Titans epic battles, Bulluck was the defensive player I feared the most (well, apart from "Jaguar Killer" Samari Rolle).

Comment

QB - Marc Bulger, Rams
                            RB - Travis Henry, Broncos
                            WR - Terry Glenn, Cowboys
                            WR - Donald Driver, Packers
                            TE - Jason Witten, Cowboys
                            T - Marc Colombo, Cowboys
                            T - Shane Olivea, Chargers
                            G - Chris Naeole, Jaguars
                            G - Derrick Dockery, Bills
                            C - Casey Wiegman, Chiefs

DE - Jared Allen, Chiefs
                            DE - Trevor Pryce, Ravens
                            DT - Aaron Smith, Steelers
                            DT - Ian Scott, Bears
                            LB - Andre Davis, Browns
                            LB - Kirk Morrison, Raiders
                            LB - Demeco Ryans, Texans
                            CB - Walt Harris, 49ers
                            CB - Ronde Barber, Buccaneers
                            S - Chris Hope, Titans
                            S - Jermaine Phillips, Buccaneers

Comment

I like your list, Ward, especially Andra Davis. I'm not sure, though, but I don't think Bucs fans are very fond of Jermaine Phillips.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                                I like your list, Ward, especially Andra Davis. I'm not sure, though, but I don't think Bucs fans are very fond of Jermaine Phillips.
                                Stats aren't everything, but his speak loudly. People not being fond of a player is a good way to end up being underrated.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information