Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who pick Eli, Oh boy. :?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by cardsalltheway
      wow i didnt realize peyton was also the offensive line coach. hes not responsible for the offensive line's mistakes. how is throwing for yard not important? it gets your team down the field to set you up for scoring. he didnt choke at all and now you're trying to prove something that is completely untrue and you only said because everyone else says it.
      I'm not saying this because everyone else says, this is my opinion, I could care less what others say. You have your opinion and you probably feel the same way. So let's agree to disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by javon favre
        wow i didnt realize peyton was also the offensive line coach. hes not responsible for the offensive line's mistakes. how is throwing for yard not important? it gets your team down the field to set you up for scoring. he didnt choke at all and now you're trying to prove something that is completely untrue and you only said because everyone else says it.
        I'm not saying this because everyone else says, this is my opinion, I could care less what others say. You have your opinion and you probably feel the same way. So let's agree to disagree.
        no the only reason you're saying this is because everyone says that peyton always chokes and will never win a super bowl and whenever they lose in the playoffs its automatically his fault.

Comment

Originally posted by sik wit it
          I picked Peyton because I'm gettin someone that is going to work his arse off and always comes more prepared than any other player. Can't go wrong with a gym rat.
          He's more of a film rat.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

Comment

Carson Palmer, who knows what could have happend if he didnt get hurt in the Pitt game. He young and IMO better.

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151
              I'll take the best QB on this list, Peyton Manning.

Daunte can't even get on the list, not even over Brees?
              6 TDs, 12 INTs in his first 7 games without Randy Moss. Then he sends his knee through a meat slicer. Not a good thing...

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN
                Carson Palmer, who knows what could have happend if he didnt get hurt in the Pitt game. He young and IMO better.
                age doesnt matter in this

Comment

Brady boy.

Comment

Originally posted by JBond93
                    Originally posted by sweetness34
                    Tom Brady...All he needs to do is put up his hand with 3 SB Rings and that's my answer.

Peyton Manning is the best All-Around QB in the NFL, but until he wins a "big game," I'm going with Brady.

I hope Peyton isn't the next Marino, great QB that doesn't get a SB.
                    Maybe it stems from me being a Marino fan (I'm wearing his jersey right now, maybe some subliminal message from this thread made me put it on,) but SB rings are for a team. I don't consider them a great bench mark. It's about wins, points scored, QB rating, etc, all things Peyton is good at. I mean, you need a defense to win a SB, you do, and the Colts didn't have a good one until last year, and the game they lost in the playoffs, they failed the team as the Steelers lit them up. Not saying Peyton had a good game, but your defense can pull your QB through a game (see SB,) and Peyton made big plays int hat playoff game, the defense didn't even give them a chance.
                    Wins, points scored, and QB rating are all fine in the regular season. But how about if you compiled a stat sheet of all a player's individual games in the postseason and count them as a single season. It gives you an idea at how well he performs against the best teams the league has to offer.

In postseason play Manning has completed 193 of 324 passes for a 59.5 comepletion percentage and has thrown for 2461 yards, 15 touchdowns and 8 interceptions. His postseason quaterback rating is 88.5. His win/loss record in the postseason is a measly 3-6.

Tom Brady has completed 225 of 367 passes for a 61.3 comepletion perfectage and has thrown for 2493 yards, 15 touchdowns and 5 interceptions, and also gained 2 touchdowns rushing. He has a postseason rating of 89.4. His win/loss record in the postseason is 11-1.

Take it for what it's worth.

Comment

Originally posted by javon favre
                      The fact of the matter is, Peyton has yet to win a "big" game in the playoffs. There's not denying his regular season success, but the playoffs are another story The past 3 years or so, the Colts had a good shot to go far in the playoffs, but they exited early. Now, Peyton played well against the Steelers this year, but last year against the Patriots he did not play well at all, so you could make a case that he did choke in that game. And the year before that I believe they played the Jets, and he had a bad game there too.

While Peyton hasn't "choked" everytime he's been in the playoffs, he's yet to advace his team deep in the playoffs. And when a high caliber team such as the Colts exit early after getting homefield advantage, people look and Peyton and put the loss on him.

The fact is the Colts have not done well in the playoffs, and Peyton Manning has been the QB of those Colts teams.

It's sad to say this, but until Peyton wins the "big game," many will look at him as a good QB, not a great one. Although I'd pick him to lead my team any day because IMO he is a great QB.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner
                        Tom Brady...All he needs to do is put up his hand with 3 SB Rings and that's my answer.

Peyton Manning is the best All-Around QB in the NFL, but until he wins a "big game," I'm going with Brady.

Maybe it stems from me being a Marino fan (I'm wearing his jersey right now, maybe some subliminal message from this thread made me put it on,) but SB rings are for a team. I don't consider them a great bench mark. It's about wins, points scored, QB rating, etc, all things Peyton is good at. I mean, you need a defense to win a SB, you do, and the Colts didn't have a good one until last year, and the game they lost in the playoffs, they failed the team as the Steelers lit them up. Not saying Peyton had a good game, but your defense can pull your QB through a game (see SB,) and Peyton made big plays int hat playoff game, the defense didn't even give them a chance.
                        Wins, points scored, and QB rating are all fine in the regular season. But how about if you compiled a stat sheet of all a player's individual games in the postseason and count them as a single season. It gives you an idea at how well he performs against the best teams the league has to offer.

In postseason play Manning has completed 193 of 324 passes for a 59.5 comepletion percentage and has thrown for 2461 yards, 15 touchdowns and 8 interceptions. His postseason quaterback rating is 88.5. His win/loss record in the postseason is a measly 3-6.

Tom Brady has completed 225 of 367 passes for a 61.3 comepletion perfectage and has thrown for 2493 yards, 15 touchdowns and 5 interceptions, and also gained 2 touchdowns rushing. He has a postseason rating of 89.4. His win/loss record in the postseason is 11-1.

those numbers are all pretty similar besides the record, which shows that brady isnt some immaculate qb in the playoffs and peyton isnt a choke artist.

Comment

those numbers are all pretty similar besides the record, which shows that brady isnt some immaculate qb in the playoffs and peyton isnt a choke artist.
                          And that Manning has a completion percentage of below 60% and has thrown three more picks in three fewer games.

Comment

I agree with you totally. But others don't. I have a lot of friends who say Marino isn't among the best QB's of All-Time because he didn't win a SB. But statistically, he was the best QB of All-Time. Which is why I hope Peyton can get a SB. Because he's the best QB in the league, and it would be a shame for people to say he wasn't a great QB just because he didn't win a SB.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

And that Manning has a completion percentage of below 60% and has thrown three more picks in three fewer games.
                              wow brady's is only 1.8 higher than mannings and most of mannings struggles have been caused by bad blocking. also notice he has equal touchdowns and yards in 3 less games

Comment

"REBECCA: I've got a hot tip for you. I heard some people talking on the plane about Barry Bonds, who plays for the San Diego Giants--

DAN: The San Francisco Giants.

REBECCA: Right.

DAN: What about him?

REBECCA: They say he's good.

DAN: He is good.

REBECCA: They say the San Francisco Giants are
                                gonna be a good team.

DAN: They will, but not this year.

REBECCA: What about Barry Bonds?

DAN: Unfortunately, the rules prohibit Barry Bonds from batting before and after himself and he probably can't play right field and pitch at the same time."

Follow Me on Twitter!
                                https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information