Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 Positions and Players you would build your team around?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll give it a shot:

1) LT-- Someone to protect the blindside of a QB is a must. I'd go with Walter Jones, Seattle, but I would strongly consider Ferguson from the JETS, just because of his youth and ridiculous upside.

2) QB-- Tom Brady, no explanation needed I would think. I give Brady the edge over Manning because Brady seems better at protecting the ball in big games.

3) DT-- An underrated position, but a big, mauling DT can really do a lot for a defense. I'd take John Henderson from Jacksonville.

4) DE-- Pass rush is a huge part of the game. I'll take Julius Peppers, Carolina.

5) CB-- There may not be such a thing as a "shut down CB" left in the NFL, but if there is, his name is Champ Bailey. Bailey gets the nod here.

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
      Even considering age I wouldn't take him. NEWS FLASH, D'Brickashaw Ferguson is better.

Ooh, must say NO WAY to this! D'Brick, while very solid, did not have the rookie season McNeill did. I actually really wanted the Chargers to get him, but now I just LOVE me some BIG MAC! All 6'8", 336 of him.
      Last edited by Boltbaby; 03-25-2007, 10:46 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

Originally posted by excanuck View Post
        A kicker??
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=3iBrQoT7n...elated&search=

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

QB-Bulger
          CB- Champ
          CB- Ty Law (3 years ago)
          DT-Tommie Harris
          DE-Peppers
          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

such videos should be banned

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)

Comment

Originally posted by B-Dawk View Post
              such videos should be banned
              lol, some of them actually were. Search Matt Bryant and at the top it'll be a video of his kick in Madden, because the guy claims that the NFL revoked his real game video......

They didn't ban 'em all though :D

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

LT- D'brick Ferguson
                QB- Tom Brady
                DE- Julius Peppers
                MLB- Vilma
                FS- Ed Reed

Comment

LT- D'Brickashaw Ferguson
                  QB- Carson Palmer
                  DT- Tommie Harris
                  OC- Nick Mangold
                  RB- Ladanian Tomlinson

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                    lol, some of them actually were. Search Matt Bryant and at the top it'll be a video of his kick in Madden, because the guy claims that the NFL revoked his real game video......

They didn't ban 'em all though :D
                    The guy claims it? It is probably true. I had an account on Youtube, and I uploaded a Michael Vick highlight, and a highlight of the Atlanta-Carolina game that I made on Youtube...They found the ATL-CAR highlight and took it off and warned me about copyright infringement. I didnt bother taking out the other one, and they found it and banned my account. lol.

I really want to play Madden and start a fantasy draft.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Lt
                      Qb
                      Cb
                      De
                      Rb

Comment

For me, I'd probably go with a Tampa 2 defense, and I feel every good offense must have a great OL and QB, hence, my 5 positions are:

QB - The leader of the offense, the QB should be able to make those around him better and get what needs to be done on the offensive side of the ball done.

LT - One of the two anchors of any great OL, the LT should be the best athlete on your OL, capable of both run and pass blocking with great proficiency.

C - The other of the two anchors of any great OL, the C should be a good athlete, but also a great technician and capable of reading a defensive front well enough to make the right blocking calls/adjustments.

DT - Since my team is going to be running the Tampa 2 scheme, the dominating 3-tech UT disrupting the middle of the opposing offensive front is crucial to the success of my defense.

S - Again, since my team is running the Tampa 2, a ballhawk and playmaker with speed and range is needed at the safety position.

That being said, my players of choice for these positions are:

QB - Peyton Manning - He's got a few great years left, enough for my team to be competitive for nearly a decade with him starting at QB. Combine that with the fact that he's the best QB in the NFL, and this becomes a no brainer.

LT - D'Brickashaw Ferguson - Young cornerstone for my OL who will keep Manning's blindside protected and is athletic enough to do whatever is required of him.

C - Jeff Saturday - Tough call between the two Cs of the Super Bowl teams, but Saturday gets the nod due to working with Manning already and being the better technician of the two.

DT - Tommie Harris - Young dominant 3-tech UT that will anchor my defense for a very long time.

S - Ed Reed - There is no better safety in the NFL, and he has quite a few good years left in him. Definitely a playmaker and would greatly help my defense at a key position.
                        Last edited by Dam8610; 03-26-2007, 02:45 AM.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                        <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

CB - C.Bailey
                          CB - N.Asomugha
                          FS - E.Reed
                          SS - M.Huff
                          DE - J.Peppers

Comment

QB - Carson Palmer
                            LT - Jammal Brown
                            DE - Julius Peppers
                            CB - Champ Bailey
                            DT - John Henderson

BoneKrusher

Comment

QB Tom Brady (Patriots)
                              - A proven winner. He plays well regardless of what talent he has around him, just look at last season. I would want my team to win some championships, and this is a guy who has three rings at age 29.

LT Jammal Brown (Saints)
                              - The next elite Left Tackle in the NFL. He was a First team All-Pro and was named a Pro Bowl starter (missed game w/ injury) in only his second year in the league, and his first playing LT. At just 25 years old, I would take Brown over any other offensive lineman in the league for the next 5+ years.

RB Steven Jackson (Rams)
                              - A top-5 RB in the NFL, and in my opinion the best running back not named LT or Larry Johnson. He is a workhorse who does everything well, and he is only 23 years old. This guy is going to be really good for a really long time.

CB Rashean Mathis (Jaguars)
                              - No, I haven't lost my mind. I know Champ Bailey is far and away the best cornerback in the league. But if you notice a trend, everybody I've picked is pretty young. Bailey probably has 3-4 great years left in him, but he's been in the league for 8 years, whereas Mathis has only been in the league for 4. In my opinion, Mathis is already the best corner in the league after Champ, and he still hasn't reached his prime.

MLB DeMeco Ryans (Texans)
                              - Only 22 years old, he's a leader on defense with excellent intangibles. A very smart player and very hard worker. I was pretty high on him this time last year, but I never expected him to be this good. He's not the flashiest guy in the league but he gets the job done. He is exactly the type of player I would want leading my defense for the next 10 years.
                              The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

1.QB
                                2.LT
                                3.DT
                                4.WR
                                5.CB

You have a star at all five you are going to be winning alot of ball games IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information