Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 Positions and Players you would build your team around?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.QB- Carson Palmer= I think he is the best QB in the NFL when healthy.

2.CB- Chris McAlister= IMO the best CB in the game at being able to cover and support the run.

3.WR- Chad Johnson= The best WR in the NFL, just plain awesome.

4.OT- Jonathan Ogden= The best OT arguably in the history of the NFL

5.MLB- Ray Lewis= Makes every player around him better, greatest motivator Ive ever seen, and the best Defensive player Ive ever seen.
    HALL OF FAMER!
    PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
    JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

QB- Jay Cutler
      LT- D-Brick
      DE- Peppers
      CB- Champ
      MLB- DeMeco Ryans
      Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
        1.QB- Carson Palmer= I think he is the best QB in the NFL when healthy.

2.CB- Chris McAlister= IMO the best CB in the game at being able to cover and support the run.

3.WR- Chad Johnson= The best WR in the NFL, just plain awesome.

5.MLB- Ray Lewis= Makes every player around him better, greatest motivator Ive ever seen, and the best Defensive player Ive ever seen.
        Looks more like the All-AFC East Team if you ask me. You are supposed to be building a team, and a lot of those guys are in the downside of their careers.
        Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

my first 5 players for a teasm would be

Carson Palmer
          Chad Johnson
          Ladainain Tomlinson
          Champ Bailey
          Ed reed

Originally posted by mythbusta
          i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
          who dey?

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
            Looks more like the All-AFC East Team if you ask me. You are supposed to be building a team, and a lot of those guys are in the downside of their careers.
            being that all those players are in the AFC North, your comment makes absolutely no sense.

Originally posted by mythbusta
            i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
            who dey?

Comment

*cough* homer *cough*

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                *cough* homer *cough*
                Sorry Im a homer for picking arguably the best OT of all-time, arguably the best defensive player of all-time, and a CB who is the best in the NFL and covering and stopping the run. If I was choosing the best CB Id say Champ Bailey, but Mac supports the run better and is the 2nd best CB in coverage IMO.
                HALL OF FAMER!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Sorry Im a homer for picking arguably the best OT of all-time, arguably the best defensive player of all-time, and a CB who is the best in the NFL and covering and stopping the run. If I was choosing the best CB Id say Champ Bailey, but Mac supports the run better and is the 2nd best CB in coverage IMO.
                  Those are some bold statements, and all those players are past their prime anyway......

None of those players are the best at their positions anymore.....

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                    Those are some bold statements, and all those players are past their prime anyway......

None of those players are the best at their positions anymore.....
                    Past their prime yet they were all Pro Bowlers, and are considered by other NFLers to be among the best at their respective positions....
                    HALL OF FAMER!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Chris McAlister IMO the best CB in the game at being able to cover and support the run.

Jonathan Ogden The best OT arguably in the history of the NFL
                      Champ Bailey and Anthony Muñoz

Comment

#1- RB LaDainian Tomlinson

Best player in the league!

#2- QB Peyton Manning

A coach on the field

#3- DE Jason Taylor

Best defensive player and a game changer on defense.

#4- WR Andre Johnson

Does everything. And is still a pro bowler on a horrible team.

#5- LT Marcus McNeil

Have to have someone to protect Manning and open holes for LT!

Comment

Past their prime yet they were all Pro Bowlers, and are considered by other NFLers to be among the best at their respective positions....
                          I hate to jump in on this argument, but it is very common for players to be selected to the Pro Bowl based on their name. Ray Lewis and Jonathan Ogden are two of the best to ever play their respective positions, both have had great careers and both are future Hall of Famers, but they also have seen their skills and/or level of play decline as of late. They are still good players, but I'm not sure how you could want to build a team around them TODAY, homerism aside.
                          The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Originally posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
                            I hate to jump in on this argument, but it is very common for players to be selected to the Pro Bowl based on their name. Ray Lewis and Jonathan Ogden are two of the best to ever play their respective positions, both have had great careers and both are future Hall of Famers, but they also have seen their skills and/or level of play decline as of late. They are still good players, but I'm not sure how you could want to build a team around them TODAY, homerism aside.
                            Lynch making the Pro Bowl over Kerry Rhodes...

Comment

Originally posted by frogstomp View Post
                              Lynch making the Pro Bowl over Kerry Rhodes...
                              Ahh you just gave me a good chuckle frogstomp, that was quite the Pro Bowl blunder. I don't think Sean Jones made it either, what a joke!

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

1. QB - This is, by far, the most important position in the game for most situations. There are those rare years where a teams defense is SO much better than any other offense it is ridiculous, and a guy like Trent Dilfer sneaks in there, but most of the time, it takes solid play from the QB to win a championship.

The pick: Tom Brady. Not just because I am a Patriots fan. Realistically, he is still a decent age for a QB, still in his prime, and has proven that not only can he win the big games (and multiple championships), but he can do it with less than amazing talent around him.

2. ILB - Tedy Bruschi made me fall in love with this position. Watching him control the defense and act as an on field coach during the Super Bowl runs was awesome. Having a strong presence in the middle will help stuff the run and will also help out in the passing game.

The pick: Brian Urlacher. I did everything I could to find someone younger that I thought would project to be close, and part of me wanted to go with Bart Scott, but Urlacher is still on the right side of 30 and is the quintessential ILB as far as the position is concerned. He is the best of our generation, and I don't know if he will be topped. If I had at least one season of an NFL body of work from Patrick Willis, I might go that route just to have a young guy, but really, it's almost impossible to go wrong with Brian Urlacher.

3. CB - Shut down corners are so rare and so valuable. The best companion to a solid ILB is a killer corner. By shutting down the pass game, it forces teams to run, and by having a solid presence in the middle already established, it increases the odds of being able to shut down both.

The pick: Rashaen Mathis. He's just 26, and already a difference maker for the Jaguars. I could just as easily go with Champ Bailey, who is still on the right side of 30, but I'll take the extra two years from Rashaen.

DE - Now that we can stop the pass, we need someone to get the passer. More importantly, I want someone that can also who can stop the run when needed.

The pick: Julius Peppers. This is hard. My heart says Richard Seymour, but he is a slightly bigger injury risk than Peppers, and he doesn't get to the QB quite as much, though he's better against the run and can slip into coverage if need be. But Peppers has it all.

5. RB - Tom Brady has proven he can get the job done with just about any combination at the WR position, but giving him an elite RB would truly open the passing game for him.

The pick: LaDanian Tomlinson. Clearly, one of the best RB's ever to play the game. An offense that starts with Tom Brady and LT would instantly be lethal. The best part is that he's only 27.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information