Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the best Defense in the NFC East?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by draftguru151
    Originally posted by Go_Eli
    Canty is a perfect 3-4 DE. He played well last year.

Dallas easily has the best D, Redskins in second.
    How exactly is the Boys defense "easily" the best in the NFCE? The Redskins have had a better D the past few years, have shown they can replace players and still produce, and are still coached by Gregg Williams.
    Dallas has better LBs. Dallas has a better DL. Redskins have better DBs, but not by a lot. The front 7 of Dallas is ridiculous and will be good for a very long time.
    Woa woa woa, hold on. Are you considering Demarcus Ware a defensive lineman? If so then the Cowboys definitely do not have better linebackers than the Redskins. Bradie James is a solid starter, he isn't anything spectacular but he's good. Ayodele has also been a solid player, but a little inconsistant. Bobby Carpenter hasn't played a down in the NFL yet. They are a good LB core, but they are not better than Lemar Marshall, and Marcus Washington. Rocky McIntosh, even though he won't start should be a good future prospect, and whoever they start either Holdman or Clemons, they have the superior linebacking core. This all depends on whether you are comparing Demarcus Ware to their D Ends, in which case I agree they have the better defensive line.

Comment

Washington is the only LB that is better than any of the Cowboys LBs.

That is correct comahan
      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
      <3 dg

Comment

Uh....i agree. Dallas has a better LB core IMO by far but there safties are questionable. Aaron Glenn got burned twice by Santana...Newman is really good but glenn, williams, and davis are not good at covering.

Sig by BoneKrusher
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.

Comment

Anthony Henry is the starter and he is excellent in coverage and Glenn is normally very good in coverage as well, he's a solid nickel, you wont find many better.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

Comment

Lemar Marshall had a breakout season last year, as did Bradie James, but Marshall actually rushed the passer and while he only had .5 fewer sacks, Marshall got more interceptions, which cannot be blamed on a great pass rush because they did not have one last season. So how is Marshall not better than Bradie James?

Comment

The boys, hands down.

Sig thanks to DieHardVikingsFan

Comment

I voted Dallas for reasons stated before this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Eli
                  Canty is a perfect 3-4 DE. He played well last year.

Dallas easily has the best D, Redskins in second.
                  How exactly is the Boys defense "easily" the best in the NFCE? The Redskins have had a better D the past few years, have shown they can replace players and still produce, and are still coached by Gregg Williams.
                  Dallas has better LBs. Dallas has a better DL. Redskins have better DBs, but not by a lot. The front 7 of Dallas is ridiculous and will be good for a very long time.
                  Dallas does not have a better DL than the Redskins.

Comment

I just saw an article at Foxsports that ranked Dallas' D-Line 22nd in the league as a unit. Everyone else in the NFC East was in the top 10. Although I think they had the Eagles a bit too high.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5819844

I also think the Seahawks are too high and the Falcons too low.

Comment

On paper the Eagles are probably top 10, but they havent proved it yet. They have four 1st rounders (Kearse, Patterson, Bunkley, McDougle,) one player that was the first pick of the 2nd round (Howard), and a very good 5th rounder (Cole.) They have Walker and Rayburn. Kearse hasn't been even close to what he was in Tennesse. Patterson was the Eagles most consistent lineman last year but didnt really produce well. Bunkley has all the tools but is a rookie. Walker has been bad since his contract extension in 2002, and has had a lot of injuries. Rayburn had 6 sacks in limited playing time in 2004 but was non existant last year. McDougle has looked great in TC but hasnt put anything on the field except crushing Eli Manning. Howard has came off a bad year, and has some injury history. Cole might actually be the only guy without questions about him.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

I gotta give it to Dallas. Washington's blitz heavy defense is great and all, but you live and die with the blitz. And contrary to what most people believe, i still don't think they'll have a pass rush from their front 4. Carter's days are done. And Archulletta can't cover a ham sandwich, so he's no upgrade either.

Dallas has 2 very good 3-4 DEs in Canty and Spears, and have depth with Ellis at backup. Their NT is great when healhty (Ferguson), and their LB core is sick. Ware and Carpenter are studs, and James will stuf the inside run. They have a great corner trio, and Roy Williams is a great run supporting SS. He's not the best in coverage, but their pass rush should be even better this year, so that will make up for it. Its also their 2nd year in the 3-4, so everyone should be used to it by now.

The Giants will have the best turnover defense, but we'll give up yards too. Our 4-3 Over base will have gaping holes in its pass coverage. So teams will move the ball on us through the air. However we easily have the best pass rush in the division, and becaue of that, we should force the most turnovers. But Dallas is the gonna give up the least yards. Washington only gave up less yards than Dallas last year because Dallas had to adjust to the 3-4. And don't forget, they had rookies playing key spots. This year Ware, Canty and Spears will all be sophomores...big difference. And Carpenter gives them a LB who can cover TEs man up, wihch allows Williams to roam more.

Comment

I was going to vote Washington, but because of all the ignorant comments about Dallas, I voted Dallas.

Comment

How can people count out the Giants...? Strahan, OSi, Pierce, Arrington, Madison, Mcquarters, Demps, Joseph, Emmons will be better as well. They are going to have an ureal D this year.. That pass rush with those CB's will be Pic city for them..

Comment

Originally posted by jsagan77
                              How can people count out the Giants...? Strahan, OSi, Pierce, Arrington, Madison, Mcquarters, Demps, Joseph, Emmons will be better as well. They are going to have an ureal D this year.. That pass rush with those CB's will be Pic city for them..
                              It all depends how you rank a defense. I said before I think the Redskins will give up the least amount of yardage. But I think the Giants will cause the most turnovers. I guess the real key is who will give up the least points and I'm not ready to pick what team that will be.

Comment

Originally posted by Ho0k Em'
                                Originally posted by nathan
                                Dallas has only one weakness on D...and that is FS
                                I think they're MLB's are a bit iffy.
                                :shock: :? Ayodele was just signed and he is above average and And Bradie James is really good and young. The only position on their front 7 that is a question is NT.
                                Ayodele is nowhere near above average. The guy is as medicore as they come.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information