Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the best Defense in the NFC East?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jughead10
    Originally posted by jsagan77
    How can people count out the Giants...? Strahan, OSi, Pierce, Arrington, Madison, Mcquarters, Demps, Joseph, Emmons will be better as well. They are going to have an ureal D this year.. That pass rush with those CB's will be Pic city for them..
    It all depends how you rank a defense. I said before I think the Redskins will give up the least amount of yardage. But I think the Giants will cause the most turnovers. I guess the real key is who will give up the least points and I'm not ready to pick what team that will be.
    I don't know about them leading in turnovers. Their secondary is awful. Demps is not nearly as good as you think he is, Madison is way past his prime, Mcquarters is a solid at best starter, the only decent person in the secondary is Gibril Wilson.

Comment

Originally posted by cunningham06
      How can people count out the Giants...? Strahan, OSi, Pierce, Arrington, Madison, Mcquarters, Demps, Joseph, Emmons will be better as well. They are going to have an ureal D this year.. That pass rush with those CB's will be Pic city for them..
      It all depends how you rank a defense. I said before I think the Redskins will give up the least amount of yardage. But I think the Giants will cause the most turnovers. I guess the real key is who will give up the least points and I'm not ready to pick what team that will be.
      I don't know about them leading in turnovers. Their secondary is awful. Demps is not nearly as good as you think he is, Madison is way past his prime, Mcquarters is a solid at best starter, the only decent person in the secondary is Gibril Wilson.
      I agree, i give the Eagles a slight edge over the redskins in turnovers.

Comment

Well they led the East in turnovers last year I believe. Even with Will "Stone Hands" Allen on the team. The turnovers aren't caused by the secondary, but by the front 7. We just need guys who can catch a poorly thrown ball, and we have that now. Madison has had high interception totals in his career, he can catch.

Comment

Well they led the East in turnovers last year I believe. Even with Will "Stone Hands" Allen on the team. The turnovers aren't caused by the secondary, but by the front 7. We just need guys who can catch a poorly thrown ball, and we have that now. Madison has had high interception totals in his career, he can catch.
          Yes, but last year the Eagles pass rush disappeared completely, and it usually is very good. That and the excellent secondary they have makes me think they will lead in turnovers. Not in yardage though because our LB's aren't the greatest.

Comment

Yes, but last year the Eagles pass rush disappeared completely, and it usually is very good. That and the excellent secondary they have makes me think they will lead in turnovers. Not in yardage though because our LB's aren't the greatest.
            Maybe in interceptions the Eagles might lead, but in total turnovers I still have to go with the Giants, because of our better pass rush and better LBs. We force a lot of fumbles on top of our picks.

Comment

This one isn't even close, at least on the personnel front. Dallas is by far and away the best in terms of players. Washington has been living off of the brilliance of Gregg Williams for the last couple of years. And let's get real here. Last year Dallas had basically as good a defense as the Skins, even though we were starting 3 rookies, 1 first year starter, plus dealing with a career ending injury to our defensive leader (Dat Nguyen), AND transitioning to a new defensive scheme which non of our players had experience in and our two best front 7 players were ill-suited for.

All of that, and yet we were a mere 3ypg away from Washington in defensive rankings with 2 more sacks and 2 less TOs.

As this poll demonstrates, at this point in time, there is every reason to beleive that Dallas will be the best in the division.
              Originally posted by 21ST
              He was protecting his self
              Originally posted by tjsunstein
              From what? His leg?
              Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
              That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
              "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                This one isn't even close, at least on the personnel front. Dallas is by far and away the best in terms of players. Washington has been living off of the brilliance of Gregg Williams for the last couple of years. And let's get real here. Last year Dallas had basically as good a defense as the Skins, even though we were starting 3 rookies, 1 first year starter, plus dealing with a career ending injury to our defensive leader (Dat Nguyen), AND transitioning to a new defensive scheme which non of our players had experience in and our two best front 7 players were ill-suited for.

All of that, and yet we were a mere 3ypg away from Washington in defensive rankings with 2 more sacks and 2 less TOs.

As this poll demonstrates, at this point in time, there is every reason to beleive that Dallas will be the best in the division.
                I don't know about having the best personnel. They are still starting 3 1st year players and a rookie again. They are very promising but still young. Not to mention a player who in my opinion can't replace Nguyen and is transitioning to a new scheme. And I don't trust Jason Ferguson at NT. The talent on defense across the NFC East is extremely close.

Comment

Silly Poll....its not even a horse race. The Boys have this hands down.

Comment

I think moc had it right when he said, we will cause the most turnovers, but the Skins will give up the least yardage.

Texico from Mecico, you are offically the biggest homer on the board. Just to tell you.

Comment

I'm just gonna say the Giants have the worst in the division. The other 3 are top notch, the Giants, well I'm just gonna say they aren't top notch.

That is correct comahan
                      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                      <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151
                        I'm just gonna say the Giants have the worst in the division. The other 3 are top notch, the Giants, well I'm just gonna say they aren't top notch.

Yea they are. No one in the league is going to be able to pressure the QB like the Giants, and that's the name of the game. Two of the best run stopping ends in the league, and one of the best run stopping mikes in the league. Their secondary is mediocre, but the pass rush will more than neutralize that weak spot.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Originally posted by Emmitt Smith
                        Donít quit, donít even quit.

Comment

Originally posted by moc182

Yea they are. No one in the league is going to be able to pressure the QB like the Giants, and that's the name of the game. Two of the best run stopping ends in the league, and one of the best run stopping mikes in the league. Their secondary is mediocre, but the pass rush will more than neutralize that weak spot.
                          I love the pass rush. Easily a top DE duo. LaVar is great. Pierce is great. But Joseph is sub par and who is starting at NT? Probably someone I've never heard of. Madison ain't what he used to be. RW ain't what he used to be. Webster is average. Demps is average. Wilson is good, and is the best starter in your secondary. Who is the SLB? Torbor, Griesen. Both are sub par. Pass rush better be amazing every single play or you guys will get torched. The are in the middle of the league overall. The other teams are top 10/12.

That is correct comahan
                          I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                          <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by moc182

I love the pass rush. Easily a top DE duo. LaVar is great. Pierce is great. But Joseph is sub par and who is starting at NT? Probably someone I've never heard of. Madison ain't what he used to be. RW ain't what he used to be. Webster is average. Demps is average. Wilson is good, and is the best starter in your secondary. Who is the SLB? Torbor, Griesen. Both are sub par. Pass rush better be amazing every single play or you guys will get torched. The are in the middle of the league overall. The other teams are top 10/12.
                            Joseph is fine. NT wil either be Jonas Seawright, Barry Cofield, orFred Robbins but Tuck will see plenty of time on passing downs. My point about the secondary was although it is only average, it won't be a huge problem because of the pass rush. I actually think gibril is really overrated btw. Arrington is playing the strongside, Emmons on the weak, and Emmons is an excellent, excellent player. They're a top 10 D.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Originally posted by Emmitt Smith
                            Donít quit, donít even quit.

Comment

Aren't you guys running like a 4-3 over or something like that?

That is correct comahan
                              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                              <3 dg

Comment

The one thing that really makes the Giants no 2. on this list imo is the fact that our secondary is not that talented coupled with the fact that Tim Lewis's defensive schemes makes for horrible pass coverage. We have the best DE quad in the game (yup, quad, we got Kiwi and Tuck on the bench who both could start for some teams), we have a slowly improving UT in Joseph, great MIKE in Pierce and solid OLB core in Arrington and Emmons. We have tons of depth at LB now too. The NT is a question that will be answered during Preseason. We honestly don't know how good our NT is until we see them play. Everyone is buzzing about Jonas Seawright, he's been apparently "unblockable" but i gotta see it to believe it. Coffield at the very least will be a Clancy for us. Our DT duo isn't as bad as people think. Joseph should have a breakout year this year if he stays healthy, and hopefully Seawright becomes the NT everyone is proclaiming him to be.

But DMWSackmachine put it the best. Dallas has the best personell. Look what they did last year despite all the hurdles. And this year with Carpenter, theyll even be better. Ware is gonna have a big second year, and with that ball-control offense that Parcells will run, their defense won't be on the field for long periods of time. I might have some bias because I personally favor the 3-4 alignment, but I think its Dallas without question at least at this point in the year, depending on how the Giants secondary and interior line perform, it could be the Giants but right now its easily Dallas.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information