Theisman booted, replaced with Jaws

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theisman booted, replaced with Jaws

After one season as the lead analyst for “Monday Night Football” on ESPN, Joe Theismann will be dismissed and replaced by Ron Jaworski, the network is scheduled to announce today. Theismann is expected to be offered another job at the network.

He had also been ESPN’s analyst on “Sunday Night Football” from 1988 to 2005.

Replacing Theismann with Jaworski, who is known for his ESPN studio work but not for booth analysis, means exchanging one former quarterback with another. Jaworski, 56, played for the Eagles, and Theismann, 57, played for the Redskins.

It the second change for ESPN’s on-air crew since it acquired the rights to “Monday Night.” At first, Al Michaels was to be the play-by-play announcer, but he was released from his contract before he called a game in order to join NBC. Mike Tirico then replaced Michaels, and he joined Tony Kornheiser, the Washington Post columnist and co-host of ESPN’s “Pardon the Interruption,” and Theismann.

Although the first season of “Monday Night” on ESPN was its least viewed ever after 36 seasons on ABC — falling by more than four million a game — it was an unqualified success as a cable series, increasing ESPN’s viewership by 41 percent over the audience for “Sunday Night Football” in 2005.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/26/sp...theismann.html

Ooooohhhh yeah baby!

by BoneKrusher
    <DG> how metal unseen
    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Uh-oh. Jaws and Tony? This should be interesting.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
      <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
      <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

Thank you jesus
        RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

ESPN sucks so it doesn't matter. Just don't listen to the announcers. All they say is "whoever scores the most points should win this game", and other crap like that. They are no experts.

Comment

We get it TNew, you hate ESPN. You don't need to be repeating trhis any time somone brings it up. That said, YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS, Jaws will make MNF much more interesting.
            Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Jaws is the best analyst with ESPN. I like this move
              my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
              <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
              <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
              <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
              Originally posted by Hermstheman83
              What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Upgrade for sure.

Comment

sweet! first Irvin, now Theisman, this is great news! :)
                  Originally posted by njx9
                  i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

Best news of the year.

Although I still dream of the day when I'll have the option of listening to just the game itself and the crowd. Screw anyone or anything else, that's all I want to hear.

Edit: Unless it's Kirk Herbstreit, the best analyst in sports, or Bill Parcells, who I love listening to.
                    Last edited by Geo; 03-26-2007, 11:08 AM.
                    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

I like Joe, they should get rid of Tony I hate him with the passion.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Originally posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
                        sweet! first Irvin, now Theisman, this is great news! :)
                        Yes it is a good day. Im not a big fan of Jaws but i like him more than Theisman. Id rather see them put up Steve Young.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

Originally posted by TNewFan41 View Post
                          ESPN sucks so it doesn't matter. Just don't listen to the announcers. All they say is "whoever scores the most points should win this game", and other crap like that. They are no experts.

well they are right arent they? Whoever scores the most SHOULD win the game. Jaws will provide all the smarts, Tony will provide all the funniness, and Tirico has the play by play. It beats the hell outta listening to Madden saying "You see that block right there? Thats what you call a decleater. He just came up, and BOOM! knocked him right outta his cleats." And having to put up with al micheal's lame jokes. I really like this group on ESPN.

Originally posted by mythbusta
                          i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
                          who dey?

Comment

Mike Tirico and Steve Young would be the hotness. Maybe Kornheiser should get the boot also, keep it a 2-man operation like Tirico and Herbstreit on Thursday Night College Football (which was the best imo). Or perhaps bring in a former defensive player: Eric Allen is under contract with ESPN, and I always enjoy listening to him.
                            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

is it just me or do jaws and mortenson look like the same people, plus i hate jaws' glasses, and Geo your right steve young is the current hotness

Sig by Mockalicious

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information