Theisman booted, replaced with Jaws

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geo View Post
    Mike Tirico and Steve Young would be the hotness. Maybe Kornheiser should get the boot also, keep it a 2-man operation like Tirico and Herbstreit on Thursday Night College Football (which was the best imo). Or perhaps bring in a former defensive player: Eric Allen is under contract with ESPN, and I always enjoy listening to him.
    What?!?!?! I hate Steve Young as an analyst. He stutters, is incoherent, and brings nothing to the table.

by BoneKrusher
    <DG> how metal unseen
    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Words cannot describe my happiness right now.

Comment

ESPN Radio confirms Jaws as the new addition to the cast, and I can't say I'm disappointed (especially considering how bad MNF has been for years). Jaws clearly knows what he's talking about, he watches the film every week, and speaks in a clear manner. Good move imo.

Plus, he's so ridiculously pro-Eagles, it's a riot. He's made picking the Eagles out of the ether an artform, go Jaws.

(That said, if ESPN were to replace Kornheiser for Dick Vermeil, that could do wonders. Jaws and Vermeil were dancing and jabbing when they worked on pre-season games together.)
        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

The formula I'd like to see is this: Former player who still has connections with many current players and can offer insight based on that as well as knowledge of the game from a player's perspective, Former coach who has connections with coaches and GMs and can offer insight based on that as well as knowledge of the game from an X's and O's perspective, and a non-athlete not necessarily an ESPN guy either with a sense of humor who can be the glue between coach and player.

Are my expectations too high?

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
            The formula I'd like to see is this: Former player who still has connections with many current players and can offer insight based on that as well as knowledge of the game from a player's perspective, Former coach who has connections with coaches and GMs and can offer insight based on that as well as knowledge of the game from an X's and O's perspective, and a non-athlete not necessarily an ESPN guy either with a sense of humor who can be the glue between coach and player.

Are my expectations too high?
            Not at all, and that would be a perfect lineup. The only problem that I have with a lot of former players who become analysts is that they become apologists and let that get in the way of giving true, unbiased analysis.

Personally, I'd love to see Schlereth get more airtime, as I think he's one of the best analysts ESPN has. Plus, he actually get around to talking about what is going on in the trenches, something more analysts need to do.

Comment

Well now the Giants and Eli Manning can get bashed even when they are on MNF, instead of just having Joe Buck bash em every Sunday afternoon.

And yea Sclareth is the best on NFL live.

Comment

I'm not crazy about Schlereth, truth be told. I hear him talk, and rarely if ever think "Wow, he really said something. Glad I heard it."

Now Eric Allen, that's a different story all together. I always enjoy listening to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                  I'm not crazy about Schlereth, truth be told. I hear him talk, and rarely if ever think "Wow, he really said something. Glad I heard it."

Now Eric Allen, that's a different story all together. I always enjoy listening to him.
                  Heh...maybe I just need to raise my standards for analysts then. The quality of commentators and analysts is so bad these days, that a "good" one, to me, is one that doesn't constantly say stupid ****.

Comment

I'm just about sick and tired of the announcing crews that currently litter the landscape as well. Like I said earlier, if I could just listen to the action on the field and the crowd in the stands, in full glory, I gladly would.

I don't need some guy telling me who did what, it's a television not a damn radio. I can see it for myself. Just let me enjoy the game.

Comment

Jaws called the Saints preseason games a few years ago with Archie Manning, and I enjoyed the hell out of his announcing. Theismann was the most annoying guy on the MNF crew, and considering that the crew also included Tony F'N Kornheiser, that's saying something. Great move.
                      The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

While I think jaws is a bumbling idiot, Joe T was much worse..this is an improvement..

Comment

At first I read this as "Theisman replaced by Jews"...

Comment

i hate jaws, but thiesman wasnt any better

Comment

Theisman was bad, because he was cocky... Jaws is worse, because hes bias and annoying.

Comment

Terrible move IMO, I enjoyed Theismann's commentary thought he brought alot to the broadcasts. Not to mention I can't stand Jaworski, they are trying to make Monday Night Football unwatchable......at least with the sound on.
                                HALL OF FAMER!
                                PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                                JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information