No announcement yet.

My prediction for David Carr

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have always been a supporter of David Carr. He is on a team that cant back him up. I am not like some fans that think every other teams players in there division suck. I feel sorry for Carr. He is better than what is shown. He will succeeed and the Vikings is a great guess at where he will end up. I have a likeing for the Dolphins so I would hope he goes there.

*My Dad is a huge Dolphins and Saints fan*

Sig by BoneKrusher
    Originally posted by killxswitch
    Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.

Comment

I think Carr could be successful down the road. I agree, I think is was an example of system, not talent. I think a good fit for him would be the Ravens, actually, and I think he could be in a Pro Bowl if he plays like he is capable of.
      Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

I didnt get to see him play often but when I did I flat out saw him just miss too many receivers to feel good about bringing him in. I love his potential, but its not like the Raiders have a good OL and if you cant hit an open target on a consistent basis you wont succeed at QB in the NFL.

Comment

IMO Carolina sounds like a good fit for him because they have been a good team for a while despite their stutter this past season. I think sitting behind a veteran like Delhomme for a year or two would do him good.

Comment

Carr would be a GREAT fit in Carolina.

Comment

Let him sit behind Huard for a year in KC

Comment

He should either go to the Raiders or Dolphins.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

I think miami could be an interesting place for him. Specially if Capers still believes in him and likes his potentials. Cameron did very well with developing Rivers out there in S.D. and runs a good system that should help out a Carr type passer. I could see him turn into a drew brees type of QB (not a top 5 type QB but a good quality QB).

Comment

Carolina would probably be the best situation for him. He can sit back and not have pressure to surpass Jake Delhomme, ease into the system, play with a great receiver like Steve Smith, have a better overall system around him, and when Delhomme inevitably starts to crumble, swoop in and have a real chance.

Comment

how about Raiders? we have a great OL, only thing is that we have allowed 72 sacks last season. but it was not the OL fault;)

Comment

Originally posted by lod01 View Post
                        Sure we do. He showed you this year.
                        Exactly. Sage Rosenfels got extensive playing time against Tennessee and went 18-25 with 186 yards, 3 touchdowns and 1 interception, and was not sacked once.

Against Dallas, he went 8-11 for 70 yards, 0 touchdowns and 0 interceptions, and, again, wasn't sacked at all.

If you watch Carr, you'll see that he simply holds on to the ball too long staring down his receivers. When he finally does decide to pass it, it's either too late and his man is covered so he has to check down to his outlet, or he gets sacked.

Originally posted by RCACHAINGANG
                        I have always been a supporter of David Carr. He is on a team that cant back him up. I am not like some fans that think every other teams players in there division suck. I feel sorry for Carr. He is better than what is shown. He will succeeed and the Vikings is a great guess at where he will end up. I have a likeing for the Dolphins so I would hope he goes there.

*My Dad is a huge Dolphins and Saints fan*
                        Neither am I. In fact, the AFC South fans on this board as a whole are some of the most objective and unbiased posters on this site. And the majority of them see the same thing: David Carr sucks.
                        Last edited by yourfavestoner; 03-27-2007, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKnGOLD View Post
                          I think Carr and Gannon are completely differentn scenarios. Gannon was good because he was cerebral and accurate, and had good instincts despite average physical skills. Carr has superb physical skills, but he has no anticipation skills and has made little progress in reading defenses.
                          He wasnt comparing them by skills, he was saying they could have similar careers

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

I like how all these people compare Carr and Rosenfels. I got a couple questions about that, did Rosenfels win ether game? Was he the SOLE reason they won it if they did, or was it a great reciving, running effort? im pretty sure there is more tape on carr than Rosenfels, who got some playing time in Miami i believe. Besides if you put rosenfels in all 16 games, he wouldnt fare aswell as he did the first game, to the 16th game, i mean he already didnt do well in Dallas from the Tenn. I like Rosenfels, but him as an excues for the OLine=complete BULL ****.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                              Neither am I. In fact, the AFC South fans on this board as a whole are some of the most objective and unbiased posters on this site.
                              Out of any division, I would probably agree.

Comment

i've always felt so bad for carr because he spent his whole career on his back. you cant blame the qb when the franchise isnt even making an attempt in any drafts in previous years to protect him. i just dont get the whole shaub thing, gave too much up for a guy who has two starts his whole career. hell, im a jets fan, and i would toss away chad any day if the jets actually had some interest in him..if i were the raiders, i would jump on him in a heartbeat and swap positions in the draft and get joe thomas.. i would have much more trust in david carr then some other rookie qb who is probably going to spend the whole season on his back anyway.
                                "Somewhere in the world Ken O'Brien is laughing."

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information