No announcement yet.

My prediction for David Carr

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carr is awful, he may succeed somewhere else, but I doubt it. Houston ruined his confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
      Nah, it was Chris Hope. The one your thinking about was the one that bounced off Andre's hands and Adam caught it.
      Yeah it was Hope, you can see about a second of it in this video, around 1:30 and 5:15 to see the full cliphttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UoiW...related&search=
      (same video in titans thread)
      Last edited by smittyjs; 03-28-2007, 11:32 PM.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
      XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
      Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
      http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

i hope we get him so we can draft cj. let him and walter and probably a late round rookie qb battle for the starting job and if it doesnt work out next year we will draft brohm or JDB

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
        @SirStackAlot707

Comment

I don't think he has a slow release, I actually think his release is pretty quick. But over the years, it seems like his release point is getting lower. There are times when he throws almost completely sidearm.
          It not as much as a slow release, but it is the fact that when he sits in the pocket and he isn't forcing the ball to someone and just gets sacked way to often.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
          XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
          Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
          http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

Mort said maybe Seattle Good QB Coach
            Holmgren
            2-3 years maybe start. Could be servicable.
            my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
            <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
            <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
            <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
            Originally posted by Hermstheman83
            What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by smittyjs View Post
              Yeah it was Hope, you can see about a second of it in this video, around 1:30 and 5:15 to see the full cliphttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UoiW...related&search=
              (same video in titans thread)
              Yeah...

That was about 2 seconds after the INT.

Comment

I don't think he has a slow release, I actually think his release is pretty quick. But over the years, it seems like his release point is getting lower. There are times when he throws almost completely sidearm.
                This is pretty accurate. Carr can get it out fast when he tries to. His problem is that he doesn't see the open guy. Or if he does, he second guesses his decision and then looks elsewhere. By that time he's sacked. He's gun shy, pretty much afraid to take chances cause in the past receivers would drop it or theyd miraculously knock it into the arms of a defender. On the deep ball, the defender always positioned himself better than his wideout, except for Dre on some occasions, which is why everything went his way. I think Mike Holmgren would be a great coach for him, but I'd rather see him in Carolina because, well I like them better. Some one has got to get him some confidence and a better throwing motion.

Comment

I think he's either going to end up in seattle or Carolina. I just hope he comes to carolina because realistically I think Jake's got maybe one or two years left as a starter. If we sign carr he can have his mechanics reworked by Mike McCoy and can be helped by Jeff Davidson who didn't do too badly with Charlie Frye considering, Frye's supporting cast. He can sit, learn the offense, regain his confidence destroying second team defenses and then come in and take the reins when Delhomme leaves for a few years until he's too long in the tooth.

Carr is perfect for John Fox, he likes players with NFL experience but need coaching. Carr knows how to read defenses, he knows what to expect in game situations, what he needs is tutelage in how to harness his experience and put it with his physical abilities to become the player he could've been.

Comment

What QB in this league looks good throwing from his backside or running for his life? Put this kid in a situation where he has time and protection, and I think he will be a good NFL QB. It may take a little growing pains but he'll be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by rickscott View Post
                      What QB in this league looks good throwing from his backside or running for his life? Put this kid in a situation where he has time and protection, and I think he will be a good NFL QB. It may take a little growing pains but he'll be ok.
                      No he won't. He has no useful QB skills. Can't read a defense. Has no idea of the concept of stepping up in the pocket. Doesn't even know there is a #2 WR. AJ - 159 targets, Moulds 78. Now before I even hear the ridiculous, Moulds is slow, etc. He caught 73% of the passes. Now if a guy is catching 73% of the passes his way, either he still has it or every defenses' #2 CB blows. Which one would you like to choose from? Either way, it's further proof that carr is pure garbage.

There's more but the bottom line is Carr is a BUST. I knew it 3 years ago, I was right.

Comment

Thats why I hope the Raiders do not sign Carr. He has know clue how to use his weapons around him, he gets sacked worse than Andrew Walter, and he has no arm strenght what so ever.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...e&type=fantasy

Friday, March 30, 2007

Update: Raiders' coach Lane Kiffin confirmed that he has spoken with Carr's agent about potentially acquiring the quarterback, insidebayarea.com reports.

Recommendation: Kiffin did not elaborate on the outcome of those talks, and the Raiders appear poised to select JaMarcus Russell with the first overall choice in April's draft. Carr is scheduled to visit the Seahawks and Panthers next week.

Comment

I have no idea why he would go to Seattle, but Carolina would be a very good choice from a football perspective.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
                            Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by Komp View Post
                              I have no idea why he would go to Seattle, but Carolina would be a very good choice from a football perspective.
                              Matt Hasselback isn't exactly a spring chicken...

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                                Matt Hasselback isn't exactly a spring chicken...
                                He's younger than Delhomme. He'd be in a bad system for his talents too imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information