No announcement yet.

My prediction for David Carr

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carr is going to make a sick pro when he gets behind an offensive line.

Unfortunately, it might take a little bit and people will expect results FAST. He still has alot of bad habits from the Texans sucking. Still, I think they're fixable with a coaching staff that works hard with their players. A team like the Jets would be a perfect fit for him if it wasn't Pennington.

Still, his situation in Texas a an all time crap O-line, no defense, inconsistent at best running game, and one WR...and he was told to win a Super Bowl NOW.

Comment

As long as Carr avoids the QB bottomless pits, he'll be fine. Miami, Oakland, Detroit, Tampa Bay, and Washington.

Kansas City, St. Louis, Green Bay, Buffalo, and Cleveland would all be fine landing spots for him.

Comment

Carr is so streaky - one game he'll play lights out, the next game he'll play like a scrub. I still think he has some untapped talent though, cause he has shown glimpses.

Comment

Originally posted by locseti View Post
          Carr is so streaky - one game he'll play lights out, the next game he'll play like a scrub. I still think he has some untapped talent though, cause he has shown glimpses.
          I saw a lot of good passes get deflected off his wide receivers and dropped, not to mention the line woes.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKnGOLD View Post
            Carr has superb physical skills, but he has no anticipation skills and has made little progress in reading defenses.
            Let's see anyone trying to develop anticipation skills behind the sieve the texans called their offensive line.
            Last edited by TIMCOUCHSUPERBOWLBROWNS; 03-31-2007, 04:31 PM.

Comment

The lukewarm interest in David Carr really does surprise me somewhat. I thought some teams would step in and pick up the kid as soon as he was cut. He has a lot of issues, to be sure, but there's also talent there and he's still young enough. I think he might have to wait until the Trent Green shoe drops, and then we see who's left from the bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
                As long as Carr avoids the QB bottomless pits, he'll be fine. Miami, Oakland, Detroit, Tampa Bay, and Washington.

Kansas City, St. Louis, Green Bay, Buffalo, and Cleveland would all be fine landing spots for him.
                Tampa Bay and Miami are bottomless pits, but Cleveland is not? Huh?

Comment

I'm also suprised that nobody has signed him yet. The best place I think where he should end up is Miami or somebody who could use a steady back up.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

He's visiting carolina today and possibly seattle tomorrow.

Comment

I think he wants to sit a year or 2 and regain his confidence in his play...his mechanics are apparently shot...and when he feels the rush he either dumps the ball off or falls to the ground in the fetal position....I still think the team that gets him will get a quality player....Houston just had too much riding on him for him to succeed....every play was scrutinized and he had to do it all....and worst of all, he was never going to be Vince Young to Houstonians...As of now, Carr isnt a good QB, he is slighty below average...but with proper coaching and rebuilt confidence, he can be a very good starter I think....and probably a good replacement for Delhomme or Hasselbeck, should he sign with one of those teams....if he goes to Cleveland/Oakland/Miami...I dont think he will last...

Comment

His mechanics aren't necessarily bad, just different.

Comment

Is he wanting alot of money thats the real question? Teams aren't going to pay alot for somebody who did bad with the Texans.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Originally posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
                            I believe his main problem is his intangibles, specifically his leadership. Carr just doesn't seem to inspire much confidence in his teamates and you could see that when some of the other Texans began to turn on him last year.
                            I completely agree, he's another Joey Harrington = no intangibles. Carr will be a one and out with whoever signs him. That 1 year and out of the league.
                            And proud of it!!!

Comment

David Carr= Another Joey Harrington

Comment

Joey Harrington for the Dolphins or the Lions?

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information