1st Games Of The Year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geo View Post
    You of all people should know the Cardinals can put on a show on Monday Night Football, sweetness.

Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin in primetime: good thing the 49ers signed Nate Clements.
    Doesn't change the fact that we have a 5-11 team taking on a 7-9 team...

It's not like either team has been any good within the last 3 years and are just coming of a down year, either. I think they are both on the rise, but this isn't really the headline matchup you would expect for the Monday Night Football season opener.
    The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

So when is the full schedule supposed to come out?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Sveen View Post
        Looking forward to seeing the Colts getting beaten at home ;)
        Haha maybe if Peyton gets injured then you got a shot. It not, he's going to torch your secondary.
        INDIANAPOLIS COLTS - A CHANGE IS COMING!

Comment

Originally posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
          Doesn't change the fact that we have a 5-11 team taking on a 7-9 team...

It's not like either team has been any good within the last 3 years and are just coming of a down year, either. I think they are both on the rise, but this isn't really the headline matchup you would expect for the Monday Night Football season opener.
          Considering the second of last year's double-header featured the Chargers and the Raiders, which was as we all know a beatdown of the highest order, I'd say watching the Cardinals and 49ers go at it is definitely an improvement. I don't know what the exact scores are, but the last few years has seen some competitive and/or high scoring games between the division rivals.

Coincidentally, we'll see Matt Leinart playing the team he spurned as a junior.
          Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

So you've got the Bears/Chargers sitting right there, and you put the Cardinals and 49ers on the first Monday Night Game? Ok, I can see them playing there later on in the year, but this is a marquee matchup and it deserves to be in primetime IMO.

(Watch the Cards/Niners game be absolutely incredible now that I've just said they don't deserve to be on MNF, haha).

Eh oh well, I'm sure we'll have our share of MNF games this season.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

**Edit - after reading over your post a few more times, I just think you're confused. We are talking about the best offense, not the best TEAM.
              Oh, if you want to make the argument that the Colts defense was far better than the Saints defense this year, be my guest, I'd like to see you try.

Fair point about the Ravens game.

Anyway, the Saints averaged 18.75 points against top 10 defenses in 06, compared to 25.8 ppg over the course of the season.

The Colts averaged 25.5 points per game against top 10 defenses in 06, compared to 26.7 ppg over the course of the season.

The Saints fell off more when faced with good competition.
              Last edited by Warhawk; 03-27-2007, 09:12 PM.

Comment

The Packers will be on primetime in week 17 to show Farve's last game

...again

Comment

Originally posted by Warhawk View Post
                  Oh, if you want to make the argument that the Colts defense was far better than the Saints defense this year, be my guest, I'd like to see you try.

Fair point about the Ravens game.

Anyway, the Saints averaged 18.75 points against top 10 defenses in 06, compared to 25.8 ppg over the course of the season.

The Colts averaged 25.5 points per game against top 10 defenses in 06, compared to 26.7 ppg over the course of the season.

The Saints fell off more when faced with good competition.
                  The Colts defense did step it up BIG TIME during the playoffs, and IMO is the biggest reason they were finally able to make it over the hump and win a Superbowl.

But you do make good points. I wouldn't particularly disagree that the Colts had the best offense in the NFL last season. I just think it's downright wrong to say they were the best "by a substantial margin."

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

The 'hate' the Cards/9ers game is getting is really unfounded. The two appearences the Cards have made on prime time recently have produced really entertaining games.

The Mexico game was highly entertaining with those two fumble recoveries and the Cards come back to win. And while from a cardinal fans point of view the MNF game was a 'debacle', it was one of the most entertaining games of the year.

Last time the Cards meet the 9ers in a season opener, there was a total of 61 points scored and the game came down to the final play of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by RedAttack View Post
                      The 'hate' the Cards/9ers game is getting is really unfounded. The two appearences the Cards have made on prime time recently have produced really entertaining games.

The Mexico game was highly entertaining with those two fumble recoveries and the Cards come back to win. And while from a cardinal fans point of view the MNF game was a 'debacle', it was one of the most entertaining games of the year.

Last time the Cards meet the 9ers in a season opener, there was a total of 61 points scored and the game came down to the final play of the game.
                      I think it will be a good game, quite a few exciting players between the teams... it just isn't the marquee matchup that you would want to be the MNF opener.

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

I think it will be a good game, quite a few exciting players between the teams... it just isn't the marquee matchup that you would want to be the MNF opener.
                        Meh, its the 2nd part of the doubleheader. Its tucked away at the 10:15 EST timeslot on monday night.

Im very happy, seeing as i dont live in San Francisco and i saw 2 games only last year of the 49ers (both against the seahawks). I cant wait, and i hope they get more primetime games. Should be a fun one too on MNF.

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information