Giants sign Kawika Mitchell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants sign Kawika Mitchell

Formerly of the Chiefs to a monstrous 1 year-$1 million deal.

Solid signing that was very economically smart as he could play either SAM or WILL depending on what happens in the draft. Fiery, hard hitting, sure tackling LB that can run a bit, exactly what we needed.
    Originally posted by Paul
    Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
    Originally posted by Vikes99ej
    These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Far cry from the 5 year 25 million he wanted from the Chiefs but nice move by NY I would not say sure tackler good but he does wiff at times.

Comment

I think the Saints and Lions had him in for visits, wonder why he didn't get signed there, not like he was demanding any big salary.
      MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
        not like he was demanding any big salary.
        Ya he was that is way he was a FA so long he screwed his self.

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
          I think the Saints and Lions had him in for visits, wonder why he didn't get signed there, not like he was demanding any big salary.
          Makes no sense to me. Especially considering Detroit's need for a MLB.

Hell, why not go crazy, Matt Millen, and sign him to a one year, 1.5 million dollar deal? You're just crazy enought to do it!
          R.I.P. L.E.F.
          "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post

Hell, why not go crazy, Matt Millen, and sign him to a one year, 1.5 million dollar deal? You're just crazy enought to do it!
            He doesn't fit in the cover two.

Comment

Great deal for the G-Men. Picking up a solid starter on the cheap is a great move..

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
                He doesn't fit in the cover two.
                Neither does anyone we have now.

A lot of people thought we'd sign him. They must have had some belief that he could fit in it.
                R.I.P. L.E.F.
                "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Neither does anyone we have now.

A lot of people thought we'd sign him. They must have had some belief that he could fit in it.
                  By "fit in it"....what exactly do you mean? He played pretty well in the Cover 2 last year and while he may not be Brian Urlacher or Derrick Brooks on coverage, he still got the job done for the most part. He is the kind of player that won't make any pro bowls no matter the scheme, but he will play well enough for your defense to win games. Plain and simple. Cover 2 may not be his best scheme but I don't see him as being one dimensional.
                  MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

How many Chiefs games did you watch last year?

Comment

Im approaching this signing like this:

He's another body.

Im not gonna put the fate of the team in his hands. He's just another body for depth purposes. If he's more, then great, but Im not counting on it.

He can compete with Torbor for SAM until Kiwi is ready for his hybrid role. May the best man win.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
                        How many Chiefs games did you watch last year?
                        Me?

Off the top of my head...probably 4 in entirety and bits and pieces of others. Most notably impressed with him in the playoff game.
                        MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

there alot of reasons why he might have signed with the Gaints for cheap money, maybe he thinks that the Gaints have a better shoot at making the playoffs this year and if they do he can get more money next year.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                            there alot of reasons why he might have signed with the Gaints for cheap money, maybe he thinks that the Gaints have a better shoot at making the playoffs this year and if they do he can get more money next year.
                            After the offseason they've had I think the Giants have less of a chance than Detroit. Look at the difference in division strength too.....

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                              After the offseason they've had I think the Giants have less of a chance than Detroit. Look at the difference in division strength too.....
                              Woh now let's not get out of hand here. I don't have the Giants in my 2007 predictions as of right now, but the Lions have a much tougher road ahead of them. You may think the Giants have had a rough offseason, which could be disputed, but don't put them down on the Lions level.
                              MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information