• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vikings Fan
    Originally posted by TitleTown088
    Originally posted by KAWICGB
    Originally posted by SeanTaylor21
    According to packers fans Brett Favre is the most underrated QB ever....
    No, according to Packer fans he is the best. Which shows homeristic some of them can be.
    I haven't seen anyone in a while say that Favre was the best in the game today. As far as of all-time, a case can be made for him. I do not personally believe that he is, but he does have great numbers and a super bowl victory to his credit. Not homeristic at all.

Sure as case can be made but he isnt #1 to most people and when the responses are...

FAVRE FAVRE FAVRE
    Sorry, but its gotta be Favre
    FAVRE = GOD

I think it was PackmaN, Titletown088 and Pack_Attack that said that. But im not sure.
    It's people OPINIONS get over it, holy ***********
    Chester Taylor is the best RB ever.

See? That could be my opinon, it isnt, but if I were to seriously post that it would be torn to shreds and I would be accused of being ignorant and a homer. Just becuase a small sect of Packer Fans think that Favre is the best ever doesnt mean its not being a homer to think so.
    R U sure?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
    they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
    Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

No, according to Packer fans he is the best. Which shows homeristic some of them can be.
      I haven't seen anyone in a while say that Favre was the best in the game today. As far as of all-time, a case can be made for him. I do not personally believe that he is, but he does have great numbers and a super bowl victory to his credit. Not homeristic at all.

Sure as case can be made but he isnt #1 to most people and when the responses are...

FAVRE FAVRE FAVRE
      FAVRE = GOD

I think it was PackmaN, Titletown088 and Pack_Attack that said that. But im not sure.

See? That could be my opinon, it isnt, but if I were to seriously post that it would be torn to shreds and I would be accused of being ignorant and a homer. Just becuase a small sect of Packer Fans think that Favre is the best ever doesnt mean its not being a homer to think so.
      Wow, not only did you double post a useless thread, but did you seriously compare Chester Taylor to Brett Favre?

Comment

Top 12.

Sig by BoneKrusher
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.

Comment

FAVRE FAVRE FAVRE
          FAVRE = GOD

R U sure?
          Ummm yes.

Wow, not only did you double post a useless thread, but did you seriously compare Chester Taylor to Brett Favre?
          Poor comparison yes, but the premise stands: Just because a couple (3) people (Packer Fans) think that Favre is 'god' and the best ever, doesnt mean that it isnt homeristic to think so. Homerism is deviating from the general view of a player and touting him as better then he is.

and yes I did double post but did you notice that it maybe was a mistake? :roll:

Comment

Poor comparison yes, but the premise stands: Just because a couple (3) people (Packer Fans) think that Favre is 'god' and the best ever, doesnt mean that it isnt homeristic to think so. Homerism is deviating from the general view of a player and touting him as better then he is.

and yes I did double post but did you notice that it maybe was a mistake? :roll:[/quote]

1. 4 people (You forgot John Madden)
            2. Favre=God, I said don't worry about it. But you didn't. Now I'm going to have to spend time typing a few reasons why Favre=God. Favre is a machine and has played through excruciating physical and mental pain. Not only that, but he has thrived (look at the Oakland game). Favre also brought the Vince Lombardi Trophy back home where it belongs for the first time in nearly 30 years. With Favre at the helm, the Pack is nearly never out of a game. 12 points last year was the difference between 4-12 and 9-7. When Favre=God is used, it is true because that is how much respect the Packer nation has for the guy. 9 times out of 10 when you would seriously ask the fans, they would say no, favre does not litterally =GOD. So like I said before, just leave it alone and don't worry about it.
            3. I haven't double posted yet in the forum, so there
            4. It is not homeristic to bring his name up in the greatest qb of all time. Is it homeristic to bring Emmitt Smith's name up in the greatest rb of all time discussion? No, even though in the "general view" of most people, he isn't even in the top 3, some may say not even in the top 5.

Comment

FAVRE FAVRE FAVRE
              FAVRE = GOD

R U sure?
              Ummm yes.

and yes I did double post but did you notice that it maybe was a mistake? :roll:
              ok this is your opinion but could you please elaborate as to why including Favre as the best QB is COMPLETELY outlandish and "homerism".IMO there are 4 or 5 QB's that are too close to call as to who is the "best" ever. after all i did make a thread explaing this asking for people top 3 QBs of all time, but yes your right i always unquestoinable claim that favre is the absolute best....

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
              they get smoked.

Comment

ok this is your opinion but could you please elaborate as to why including Favre as the best QB is COMPLETELY outlandish and "homerism".IMO there are 4 or 5 QB's that are too close to call as to who is the "best" ever. after all i did make a thread explaing this asking for people top 3 QBs of all time, but yes your right i always unquestoinable claim that favre is the absolute best....
                And until Favre retires he will be the absolute best. And after that, Rodgers will be the absolute best

Comment

And until Favre retires he will be the absolute best. And after that, Rodgers will be the absolute best
                  that's right.... :D

they get smoked.

Comment

that's right.... :D
                    Why doesn't everybody else see it the correct way, our way? Conversations would go so much more smoother

Comment

2. Favre=God, I said don't worry about it. But you didn't. Now I'm going to have to spend time typing a few reasons why Favre=God. Favre is a machine and has played through excruciating physical and mental pain. Not only that, but he has thrived (look at the Oakland game). Favre also brought the Vince Lombardi Trophy back home where it belongs for the first time in nearly 30 years. With Favre at the helm, the Pack is nearly never out of a game. 12 points last year was the difference between 4-12 and 9-7. When Favre=God is used, it is true because that is how much respect the Packer nation has for the guy. 9 times out of 10 when you would seriously ask the fans, they would say no, favre does not litterally =GOD. So like I said before, just leave it alone and don't worry about it.
                      4. It is not homeristic to bring his name up in the greatest qb of all time. Is it homeristic to bring Emmitt Smith's name up in the greatest rb of all time discussion? No, even though in the "general view" of most people, he isn't even in the top 3, some may say not even in the top 5.
                      1) Madden is just insane, not just for Favre
                      2) Its not as if Favre doesnt/didnt have help... But yes, I do respect the guy but when only Packer Fans say he is the best (expection: Madden) then you have to be suspicous, it also helps if you are a NFC North non-Packer fan
                      3) I have double posted I think 2 times ever in NFLDC and its because I get angry because my computer is slow and I click submit many times
                      4) By my definition it is homerism but thats just me (a Vikings Fan)

I never said it was outlandish but I do think that it is homeristic. The top 5 QBs are hard to rank but it comes down to:

Unitas
                      Montana
                      Elway
                      Staubach

for the Top 3 honors.

Comment

1) Madden is just insane, not just for Favre
                        2) Its not as if Favre doesnt/didnt have help... But yes, I do respect the guy but when only Packer Fans say he is the best (expection: Madden) then you have to be suspicous, it also helps if you are a NFC North non-Packer fan
                        3) I have double posted I think 2 times ever in NFLDC and its because I get angry because my computer is slow and I click submit many times
                        4) By my definition it is homerism but thats just me (a Vikings Fan)

I never said it was outlandish but I do think that it is homeristic. The top 5 QBs are hard to rank but it comes down to:

Unitas
                        Montana
                        Elway
                        Staubach

for the Top 3 honors.
                        If Elway is in the conversation, I think Favre is in the conversation. I believe that they are very close on the greatness scale. The only thing that I think would tip the scale would be Elway beat Favre in the SB

Staubach I am not a fan of for this conversation. I believe Marino deserves mention before him, but these are just my opinions. And there is no doubt all 4 were great QBs

Comment

Who gives a monkey's nipple?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                            Who gives a monkey's nipple?
                            You are right, this is not a favre thread.

they get smoked.

Comment

Unitas
                              Montana
                              Elway
                              Staubach

for the Top 3 honors.
                              I firmly believe the top 3 are Unitas, Montana, and Otto Graham. After that it doesn't even really come close. Or matter.

Comment

top what? top LB? Top MLB? Top defender?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information