***Nick Barnett***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheChampIsHere
    top what? top LB? Top MLB? Top defender?
    ILB

Comment

Originally posted by 4
      Originally posted by bearsfan_51
      I don't think Hodges skills are suited for anything but MIKE. Hawk should be the WILL, Barnett should be the SAM, and Hodge should be the MIKE. When they go to nickle defense they can keep Barnett and Hawk out there.
      i want barnett in the middle like in my sig
      Barnett had great numbers at his combine, particularly his 32 reps on the bench press. Even though he's a bit light, with his strength he could and should be the on the strong-side. With the Jim Bates defense, LBs are listed as ILB and OLB, as they're pretty interchangeable. Hawk and Barnett on the outside a great pairing, tossing in Hodge in the middle. Those three guys would offer a lot of flexibility and options for the defense.
      The pain fades and the good memories will remain.

Comment

Originally posted by johbur
        Originally posted by 4
        I don't think Hodges skills are suited for anything but MIKE. Hawk should be the WILL, Barnett should be the SAM, and Hodge should be the MIKE. When they go to nickle defense they can keep Barnett and Hawk out there.
        Barnett had great numbers at his combine, particularly his 32 reps on the bench press. Even though he's a bit light, with his strength he could and should be the on the strong-side. With the Jim Bates defense, LBs are listed as ILB and OLB, as they're pretty interchangeable. Hawk and Barnett on the outside a great pairing, tossing in Hodge in the middle. Those three guys would offer a lot of flexibility and options for the defense.
        :shock: -- I might need a link on that one. 32 is better than most linemen.

I question Hodge's lower body strength, and I'd only want him starting if he is indeed the 3rd best LB on the team. But I do agree Barnett's talents fit the mold of a SSLB.

EDIT - I found a link. That is insane.

Comment

Originally posted by Vikings Fan
          1. 4 people (You forgot John Madden)
          2. Favre=God, I said don't worry about it. But you didn't. Now I'm going to have to spend time typing a few reasons why Favre=God. Favre is a machine and has played through excruciating physical and mental pain. Not only that, but he has thrived (look at the Oakland game). Favre also brought the Vince Lombardi Trophy back home where it belongs for the first time in nearly 30 years. With Favre at the helm, the Pack is nearly never out of a game. 12 points last year was the difference between 4-12 and 9-7. When Favre=God is used, it is true because that is how much respect the Packer nation has for the guy. 9 times out of 10 when you would seriously ask the fans, they would say no, favre does not litterally =GOD. So like I said before, just leave it alone and don't worry about it.
          3. I haven't double posted yet in the forum, so there
          4. It is not homeristic to bring his name up in the greatest qb of all time. Is it homeristic to bring Emmitt Smith's name up in the greatest rb of all time discussion? No, even though in the "general view" of most people, he isn't even in the top 3, some may say not even in the top 5.
          1) Madden is just insane, not just for Favre
          2) Its not as if Favre doesnt/didnt have help... But yes, I do respect the guy but when only Packer Fans say he is the best (expection: Madden) then you have to be suspicous, it also helps if you are a NFC North non-Packer fan
          3) I have double posted I think 2 times ever in NFLDC and its because I get angry because my computer is slow and I click submit many times
          4) By my definition it is homerism but thats just me (a Vikings Fan)

ok this is your opinion but could you please elaborate as to why including Favre as the best QB is COMPLETELY outlandish and "homerism".IMO there are 4 or 5 QB's that are too close to call as to who is the "best" ever. after all i did make a thread explaing this asking for people top 3 QBs of all time, but yes your right i always unquestoinable claim that favre is the absolute best....
          I never said it was outlandish but I do think that it is homeristic. The top 5 QBs are hard to rank but it comes down to:

Unitas
          Montana
          Elway
          Staubach

for the Top 3 honors.

Please pretty please explain to me how Roger Staubach is better than Dan Marino or Steve Young. You have just been drinkin the texico kool aid

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTaylor21
            2. Favre=God, I said don't worry about it. But you didn't. Now I'm going to have to spend time typing a few reasons why Favre=God. Favre is a machine and has played through excruciating physical and mental pain. Not only that, but he has thrived (look at the Oakland game). Favre also brought the Vince Lombardi Trophy back home where it belongs for the first time in nearly 30 years. With Favre at the helm, the Pack is nearly never out of a game. 12 points last year was the difference between 4-12 and 9-7. When Favre=God is used, it is true because that is how much respect the Packer nation has for the guy. 9 times out of 10 when you would seriously ask the fans, they would say no, favre does not litterally =GOD. So like I said before, just leave it alone and don't worry about it.
            4. It is not homeristic to bring his name up in the greatest qb of all time. Is it homeristic to bring Emmitt Smith's name up in the greatest rb of all time discussion? No, even though in the "general view" of most people, he isn't even in the top 3, some may say not even in the top 5.
            2) Its not as if Favre doesnt/didnt have help... But yes, I do respect the guy but when only Packer Fans say he is the best (expection: Madden) then you have to be suspicous, it also helps if you are a NFC North non-Packer fan
            3) I have double posted I think 2 times ever in NFLDC and its because I get angry because my computer is slow and I click submit many times

ok this is your opinion but could you please elaborate as to why including Favre as the best QB is COMPLETELY outlandish and "homerism".IMO there are 4 or 5 QB's that are too close to call as to who is the "best" ever. after all i did make a thread explaing this asking for people top 3 QBs of all time, but yes your right i always unquestoinable claim that favre is the absolute best....
            I never said it was outlandish but I do think that it is homeristic. The top 5 QBs are hard to rank but it comes down to:

Unitas
            Montana
            Elway
            Staubach

for the Top 3 honors.

Please pretty please explain to me how Roger Staubach is better than Dan Marino or Steve Young. You have just been drinkin the texico kool aid
            Because he won more than Marino or Young. He went to more Super Bowls than either. He won more super bowls than either. He dominated the game. No one could stop him, and he had an uncanny ability to come back late in the game. He was the best, and the sooner you get over that, the better.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTaylor21

Unitas
              Montana
              Elway
              Staubach

for the Top 3 honors.

Its close, but the overall point I was making is that Favre isnt Top 5 to me.

Comment

Originally posted by ny10804
                Originally posted by johbur
                Originally posted by 4
                :shock: -- I might need a link on that one. 32 is better than most linemen.

I question Hodge's lower body strength, and I'd only want him starting if he is indeed the 3rd best LB on the team. But I do agree Barnett's talents fit the mold of a SSLB.

EDIT - I found a link. That is insane.
                In my siggie link I posted his combine results to compare with AJ Hawk's in my pre-TC roster review. Mario Williams had 35 BP, and I think Kudla had 44 to lead the way.

On the QB note, when you are talking Best Ever, it is your opinion. If you want to say Most Wins ever, that's Elway. Most TDs ever, that's Marino. Most Championships, that's Graham. Most SB's, you have Montana and Bradshaw. Most uninterrupted starts, that's Favre. When you start talking about the Best, all those guys are or will be Hall of Famers. There's a difference in the league, free agency, league mergers, draft rounds, games played, teams in the league, turnovers made by that QB's defense, the defense, quality of WRs, RBs, O-Line and all sorts of other factors that make it very difficult to quantify BEST.

Favre is top-five in a good number of statistical categories. His string of starts is his most impressive trait to me, given the average length career of a pro-QB. Somewhere around 200 other QBs have started for other teams since he's been in GB, with 20 or so starting QBs just for the Bears in his tenure. He's also my favorite QB and I've enjoyed watching him for the past 15 or so years.
                The pain fades and the good memories will remain.

Comment

that crazy how they can edit you topic "i am a very big homer"

Comment

Originally posted by 4
                    nice sig

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information